Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Game combinations 23:12 - Nov 28 with 880 viewsStirlingArcher

1) Win and play well
2) Win and play sub par
3) Lose and play well
4) Lose and play badly

We've done all 4 and today was definitely option 2.

We've played a lot better, and come away with nothing to show for it.

When we're not winning, but playing better football than last 3+ years, "it's a results business"
when we win, and don't play well, it's no longer a results business, and we need to play well.

when we win and play well, we're still not all happy

I think some people just want to be unhappy

I think people… on 23:26 - Nov 28 with 832 viewsunstableblue

…. Have got different lenses in at the moment

Today’s performance was not good enough to build confidence in the team and project, we lost our confidence AGAIN, and in the second half our shape went and we gave Crewe possession and gifted some penetration into our box.

BUT, through the game Ipswich played some nice football in periods, with some excellent interplay and passing and real penetration. We carved out 3-5 excellent chances, beyond the two goals, one of which was a worldie. Bonne missed two sitters.

And yet people are calling it a POOR performance. Which it wasn’t. It wasn’t good enough, we need to do better, but people are using today to push agendas.

Suggest people watch the extended highlights tomorrow in the cold light of day, with the lenses out.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I think people… on 23:30 - Nov 28 with 827 viewsStirlingArcher

I think people… on 23:26 - Nov 28 by unstableblue

Today’s performance was not good enough to build confidence in the team and project, we lost our confidence AGAIN, and in the second half our shape went and we gave Crewe possession and gifted some penetration into our box.

BUT, through the game Ipswich played some nice football in periods, with some excellent interplay and passing and real penetration. We carved out 3-5 excellent chances, beyond the two goals, one of which was a worldie. Bonne missed two sitters.

And yet people are calling it a POOR performance. Which it wasn’t. It wasn’t good enough, we need to do better, but people are using today to push agendas.

Suggest people watch the extended highlights tomorrow in the cold light of day, with the lenses out.

we should have had 2 more goals but for some astounding "finishing"

I think 3-1 today and there would be less flouncing
I think people… on 23:32 - Nov 28 with 819 viewspointofblue

I think people… on 23:30 - Nov 28 by StirlingArcher

we should have had 2 more goals but for some astounding "finishing"

I think 3-1 today and there would be less flouncing

Crewe could have had two more had it not been for their horrendous finishing too. The way they managed to play through us was worrying.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I think people… on 23:36 - Nov 28 with 811 viewsunstableblue

I think people… on 23:32 - Nov 28 by pointofblue

Crewe could have had two more had it not been for their horrendous finishing too. The way they managed to play through us was worrying.

That was the worrying bit they won second ball around the D and then we parted like the Red Sea and Crewe were given easy through balls behind our lines

That cannot be allowed to happen again

Interesting that it seemed to get worse with Evans on

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I think people… on 23:45 - Nov 28 with 799 viewspositivity

I think people… on 23:32 - Nov 28 by pointofblue

6-4 or 5-2 was indeed possible

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

I think people… on 03:39 - Nov 29 with 669 viewsbournemouthblue

The first goal wasn't bad from an individual point of view, Aluko can certainly play!

I always thought he was an excellent player when younger, if he could strike a ball, he'd have been a top player!

We almost scored two more beauties, Edwards individual run where he did the hard work and blasted wide would have been a quality goal

There was always a beautiful bit of play where Edwards played a nice ball to I assume Chaplin who squared for Bonne to blast over as well

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Game combinations on 05:30 - Nov 29 with 627 viewsChurchman

I think it’s fair to say that Cook couldn’t win whatever happened.
1. Thump Crewe by five: so they should, Crewe are bottom, what about Tuesday.
2. Narrowly win: Crewe are bottom. Boo!
3. Draw: Awful. Boo!
4. Lose: See 3 + pitchforks and flaming torches time.

About this time last year we were played off the pitch by bottom placed Swindon, as indeed we were later in the season by relegated Northampton. At least we didn’t suffer that. Personally, I’m just glad we got the 3 points. A win of any kind was desperately needed. Happy with that.

My disappointment with Cook and this teams’ efforts to date is a separate issue for me.
I think people… on 07:13 - Nov 29 with 596 viewsBobbychase

No way it was a poor performance, as you say - just watch the highlights.

I was surprised at the negativity in the crowd yesterday and a bit sick of it by the end to be honest.

People talking about a frustrated fanbase. My fear is that there is a section of our support that is addicted to sacking the manager and starting again. And if they get their way with Cook, they will want the next man out in a few months as well. It's a dangerous mindset.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Login to get fewer ads

I think people… on 07:29 - Nov 29 with 563 viewsHerbivore

I think people… on 07:13 - Nov 29 by Bobbychase

No way it was a poor performance, as you say - just watch the highlights.

I was surprised at the negativity in the crowd yesterday and a bit sick of it by the end to be honest.

People talking about a frustrated fanbase. My fear is that there is a section of our support that is addicted to sacking the manager and starting again. And if they get their way with Cook, they will want the next man out in a few months as well. It's a dangerous mindset.

It was a poor performance. Crewe were carving us open almost at will at times and with just a fraction more quality from them in the final third we'd have been in big trouble. Meanwhile we were disjointed and relied on moments of individual quality for our two goals and the few other chances we created. All this against a side rock bottom of the table on a run of 5 defeats in 7 going into yesterday's game. In context it was a poor performance.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I think people… on 07:52 - Nov 29 with 545 viewsBobbychase

I think people… on 07:29 - Nov 29 by Herbivore

It was a poor performance. Crewe were carving us open almost at will at times and with just a fraction more quality from them in the final third we'd have been in big trouble. Meanwhile we were disjointed and relied on moments of individual quality for our two goals and the few other chances we created. All this against a side rock bottom of the table on a run of 5 defeats in 7 going into yesterday's game. In context it was a poor performance.

It wasn't a poor performance. They didn't carve us open at will. They play nice football, Crewe always do. If Bonne's finishing was as sharp as it was earlier in the season we would have been 3-0 up just after half time and would probably have coasted to a win.
Chaplin missed a sitter, Edwards almost scored a goal as good as Celina and Aluko almost got a second after half time. We negotiated a potential banana skin. Crewe are capable of springing surprise results, they got draws v Plymouth and Sunderland.

The question we should be asking is why Celina can put in a performance like he did yesterday when he was so anonymous and flat v Rotherham.

I think people… on 08:03 - Nov 29 with 529 viewsHerbivore

I think people… on 07:52 - Nov 29 by Bobbychase

It wasn't a poor performance. They didn't carve us open at will. They play nice football, Crewe always do. If Bonne's finishing was as sharp as it was earlier in the season we would have been 3-0 up just after half time and would probably have coasted to a win.
Chaplin missed a sitter, Edwards almost scored a goal as good as Celina and Aluko almost got a second after half time. We negotiated a potential banana skin. Crewe are capable of springing surprise results, they got draws v Plymouth and Sunderland.

The question we should be asking is why Celina can put in a performance like he did yesterday when he was so anonymous and flat v Rotherham.

Have to agree to disagree on the performance. Even Cook has been honest enough to acknowledge it wasn't a good performance yesterday.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I think people… on 08:14 - Nov 29 with 510 viewsBobbychase

I think people… on 08:03 - Nov 29 by Herbivore

Have to agree to disagree on the performance. Even Cook has been honest enough to acknowledge it wasn't a good performance yesterday.

It's a game of opinions. We scored two very good goals and created chances to have scored plenty more. Walton made some good saves and Celina and Edwards had some of their better moments of late. It was annoying we didn't score more and it was nervier than it should have been at the end, but I enjoyed it. No Oxford-style sh*thousing from Crewe helped.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024