Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Finidi vs Celina 08:34 - Nov 29 with 1800 viewshomer_123

vs

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Finidi vs Celina on 08:39 - Nov 29 with 1771 viewsBlueySwede

Both of them are superb goals.
I probably rank Finidis goal a bit higher because of the buildup to the goal, excellent team play.
Finidi vs Celina on 08:40 - Nov 29 with 1760 viewshomer_123

Finidi vs Celina on 08:39 - Nov 29 by BlueySwede

Both of them are superb goals.
I probably rank Finidis goal a bit higher because of the buildup to the goal, excellent team play.

I'd agree but the touch from Celina to setup his goal as absolutely sublime.

Finidi vs Celina on 08:40 - Nov 29 with 1766 viewsSomethingBlue

Tough — lovely move for Finidi's but his finish is "easier" and the GK absolutely nowhere. For the sheer genius of a goal from nothing, I'd have to say Celina wins this one.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Finidi vs Celina on 08:45 - Nov 29 with 1728 viewsSwansea_Blue

I prefer Finidi's as the quality of buildup is (literally) world class. That's my favourite Towen goal of all time.

Celina's finish is sublime though. Individually the best.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Finidi vs Celina on 08:47 - Nov 29 with 1714 viewshomer_123

Finidi vs Celina on 08:45 - Nov 29 by Swansea_Blue

I prefer Finidi's as the quality of buildup is (literally) world class. That's my favourite Towen goal of all time.

Celina's finish is sublime though. Individually the best.

It's mine too - any excuse to post it. That said, Celina's is wonderful as well.

Finidi vs Celina on 08:48 - Nov 29 with 1713 viewshomer_123

Finidi vs Celina on 08:40 - Nov 29 by SomethingBlue

Tough — lovely move for Finidi's but his finish is "easier" and the GK absolutely nowhere. For the sheer genius of a goal from nothing, I'd have to say Celina wins this one.

The one touch build up to Finidi's is what does it for me....just great football.

Finidi vs Celina on 09:03 - Nov 29 with 1658 viewsChurchman

Finidi vs Celina on 08:40 - Nov 29 by SomethingBlue

Not for me. Finidi’s goal was one of the best I’ve ever seen at PR. The build up and the finish were sublime. Celina’s goal was brilliant too, but didn’t have the approach play.
I particularly like on 09:50 - Nov 29 with 1572 viewsGuthrum

the way Aluko grabbed Celina to make sure he didn't take his shirt off!

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Finidi vs Celina on 10:41 - Nov 29 with 1501 viewsGlasgowBlue

Celina's is better. The keeper is further off his line for the Finidi goal whilst Celina is also surrounded by three defenders.

Celina also has to control a long ball, which he does with amazing skill, whereas running towards to ball.

The build up to the Finidi goal is far better though.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Finidi vs Celina on 10:55 - Nov 29 with 1469 viewsHighgateBlue

Finidi vs Celina on 10:41 - Nov 29 by GlasgowBlue

Celina's is better. The keeper is further off his line for the Finidi goal whilst Celina is also surrounded by three defenders.

Celina also has to control a long ball, which he does with amazing skill, whereas running towards to ball.

I tend to agree with all of this.

For me, when a keeper comes out and an attacking player is running on to a ball, there's the sense of anticipation that makes the goal more exciting and stick in the memory more, even though actually the GK coming off his line makes it an "easier" finish.

Heart says Finidi, head says Celina (the rest of me just wants the goals to come any which way so we can get out of League One!)
Finidi vs Celina on 12:00 - Nov 29 with 1406 viewsWeWereZombies

And who would have thought a forty nine year could run that quickly and for that far...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Finidi vs Celina on 17:37 - Nov 29 with 1274 viewsSwansea_Blue

The more you watch his initial touch and control, the more ridiculous it looks. It's an insane level of skill. That ball had come the best part of 60 yards and he collects it as if it'd travelled 2 yards. I'm not sure I've seen anything like it before.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Finidi vs Celina on 18:11 - Nov 29 with 1231 viewsArnieM

Celina , without doubt. World Class ……

He took that ball out of t he air, which was coming down almost from behind him, yet he “ killed” it dead with one touch, turns , checks where the GK was, and knew immediately what he was going to do. All of this is 100ths of a second. He then executed a sublime chip from outside the box over a GK that hadn’t really strayed that far off his line….but just enough!

Finidi’ s goal was also a sublime chip , but he was running onto a forward pass into space ….he only had the GK to beat and was facing the way he was going when he run onto the ball. A great , great goal, but not a “worldie”….

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Finidi vs Celina on 23:00 - Nov 29 with 1106 viewsistanblue

Celina's wins hands down. The keeper was fully committed for Finidi's one, whilst for Celina's the keeper wasn't too far off his line - only an enigma like Celina would even see the opportunity. The touch from Celina to control the ball was absolute class as well.
Finidi vs Celina on 23:10 - Nov 29 with 1088 viewsXYZ

Gotta love the 'keeper's reaction - wtf am I supposed to do with that?
Finidi vs Celina on 23:33 - Nov 29 with 1057 viewsChurchman

Finidi vs Celina on 12:00 - Nov 29 by WeWereZombies

And who would have thought a forty nine year could run that quickly and for that far...

It’s one of the few times he did! I seem to remember him scoring a smashing goal against Derby at the start of the season too. Good player in his day.
Finidi vs Celina on 01:09 - Nov 30 with 992 viewsbournemouthblue

Finidi vs Celina on 08:48 - Nov 29 by homer_123

The one touch build up to Finidi's is what does it for me....just great football.

What a false dawn that was sadly

I still think we'd have stayed up that season if we hadn't player all those extra games

We were in the UEFA Cup, did fairly well in the league cup, we made the semis or was that the season before and got to the 5th round (a long way for us) in the FA Cup

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Finidi vs Celina on 08:47 - Nov 30 with 878 viewsOwainG1992

The build up is better in Finidi's.
But the way Celina takes the ball down is ridiculous.
Also his finish is better as well.
But both are great.

Anyone care to sit on the fence with me?

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024