Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So are we all happy today? 08:49 - Nov 29 with 1491 viewsbluelagos

James O'Brien clear that he saw high rates of mask wearing on his journey today :-)

And even a man who stands for election as a bin is ripping the p*ss out of the anti-vaccers.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

So are we all happy today? on 09:09 - Nov 29 with 1409 viewsgiant_stow

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So are we all happy today? on 09:14 - Nov 29 with 1383 viewsGuthrum

Good news that people are taking it seriously. IMO it's the apathetic and the unthinking* who are of more concern than the relatively small numbers** of active anti-vaccers in threatening the success of these measures.

* "Oh, I left my mask at home .."

** But noisy.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So are we all happy today? on 09:14 - Nov 29 with 1378 viewsunstableblue

So are we all happy today? on 09:09 - Nov 29 by giant_stow

A sulphur dioxide molecule is dwarfed by a coronavirus virus, tiny tiny tiny… if you then compare to a moisture droplet it’s like comparing a mouse to an oil tanker

People genuinely believe in the message which is just mental

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

So are we all happy today? on 09:19 - Nov 29 with 1365 viewsgiant_stow

So are we all happy today? on 09:14 - Nov 29 by unstableblue

A sulphur dioxide molecule is dwarfed by a coronavirus virus, tiny tiny tiny… if you then compare to a moisture droplet it’s like comparing a mouse to an oil tanker

I wouldn't take it that seriously personally - more of a cry for professional help.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So are we all happy today? on 09:21 - Nov 29 with 1342 viewsWD19

So are we all happy today? on 09:14 - Nov 29 by unstableblue

I once posted a story on here about somebody who may or may not have been called Piers who sexually assaulted a female friend of mine in view of his brother at a Labour party conference. Phil didn't like it though so it had to be deleted. Despite being true.
So are we all happy today? on 09:21 - Nov 29 with 1339 viewsGuthrum

Fundamentally (in both senses) inaccurate. A fart is gas, the molecules of which are small enough to pass through fabric, a face-mask is to stop droplets and "spores".

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So are we all happy today? on 10:14 - Nov 29 with 1247 viewsbluelagos

Shame there's no daily CV presser today as it would be quite funny to hear Chris Whitty explain why a face mask offers significantly more protection against a virus than trousers do to a fart.

So are we all happy today? on 10:31 - Nov 29 with 1200 viewsSarge

Nope but I did enjoy normality while it lasted & I’ll be a lot happier if the reports coming out of South Africa are true and that this variant produces predominately mild symptoms that don’t need medical attention.
Login to get fewer ads

So are we all happy today? on 10:34 - Nov 29 with 1174 viewsunstableblue

So are we all happy today? on 09:19 - Nov 29 by giant_stow

I wouldn't take it that seriously personally - more of a cry for professional help.

Unfortunately ullaa... the video of them recently storming a Chris Whitty lecture and stating an American Heart Foundation Study had confirmed the CV vaccine was dangerous... will have been well received in these groups and wider susceptible people

Despite the foundation not having that as there official line, and the paper lacking any data and peer review!

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

So are we all happy today? on 11:40 - Nov 29 with 1103 viewsDigger77

So are we all happy today? on 10:31 - Nov 29 by Sarge

Nope but I did enjoy normality while it lasted & I’ll be a lot happier if the reports coming out of South Africa are true and that this variant produces predominately mild symptoms that don’t need medical attention.

Heard the interview where they said the symptoms of the new variant are more like common cold.

Good news if true.
So are we all happy today? on 11:47 - Nov 29 with 1068 viewsWD19

So are we all happy today? on 11:40 - Nov 29 by Digger77

Heard the interview where they said the symptoms of the new variant are more like common cold.

Good news if true.

Did you hear the SA doctor who 'found' the variant on the BBC yesterday?

Thick as mince. Made me think that I might want to pop to SA for a fortnights holiday and pick up a medical qualification whilst I was there.

Said that we wouldn't know for a couple of weeks what the impact of the variant might be but somehow preventing mass spread of this unknown impact was a knee jerk/premature reaction.

She also added that she hadn't seen the impact of the new variant on any vulnerable groups because she had only treated about 3 young patients. Just 3, but that didn't stop her spouting off to the international media.
So are we all happy today? on 11:50 - Nov 29 with 1048 viewsDigger77

So are we all happy today? on 11:47 - Nov 29 by WD19

Did you hear the SA doctor who 'found' the variant on the BBC yesterday?

Thick as mince. Made me think that I might want to pop to SA for a fortnights holiday and pick up a medical qualification whilst I was there.

Said that we wouldn't know for a couple of weeks what the impact of the variant might be but somehow preventing mass spread of this unknown impact was a knee jerk/premature reaction.

She also added that she hadn't seen the impact of the new variant on any vulnerable groups because she had only treated about 3 young patients. Just 3, but that didn't stop her spouting off to the international media.

None of their colleagues have reported any hospital admissions either. Only mild symptoms that can be treated at home (like a cold).

Was on LBC I think, not bbc.
So are we all happy today? on 11:50 - Nov 29 with 1040 viewsfooters

So are we all happy today? on 09:21 - Nov 29 by WD19

I once posted a story on here about somebody who may or may not have been called Piers who sexually assaulted a female friend of mine in view of his brother at a Labour party conference. Phil didn't like it though so it had to be deleted. Despite being true.

He was pretty good in Goldeneye though, got to give him that at least.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So are we all happy today? on 11:54 - Nov 29 with 999 viewsDanTheMan

I wonder if Boris Johnson still thinks Piers is a good weatherman.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So are we all happy today? on 12:49 - Nov 29 with 904 viewsbluelagos

And isn't it great to hear words of the Nicola Sturgeon. Eminently sensible, clear and proportionate advice that will help us all protect each other...

"Please - even if you are feeling fine - test yourself on each and every occasion you intend to mix with people from outside your household. That means before you go to the pub, or to a restaurant, or to someone’s house, or even to a shopping centre.

And if the test shows up positive do not go. Instead, get a confirmatory PCR test and self isolate until you get the result of that.

If we all do this, we will slow the spread. And we will maximise our chances, not just of a more normal Christmas but a safer Christmas too and, let’s all hope, a much brighter new year."
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 12:50]

So are we all happy today? on 12:53 - Nov 29 with 889 viewsfooters

So are we all happy today? on 12:49 - Nov 29 by bluelagos

And isn't it great to hear words of the Nicola Sturgeon. Eminently sensible, clear and proportionate advice that will help us all protect each other...

"Please - even if you are feeling fine - test yourself on each and every occasion you intend to mix with people from outside your household. That means before you go to the pub, or to a restaurant, or to someone’s house, or even to a shopping centre.

And if the test shows up positive do not go. Instead, get a confirmatory PCR test and self isolate until you get the result of that.

If we all do this, we will slow the spread. And we will maximise our chances, not just of a more normal Christmas but a safer Christmas too and, let’s all hope, a much brighter new year."

"Forgive me... forgive me... Peppa Pig World is my kind of place... forgive me."

Our government is a laughing stock.

So are we all happy today? on 12:55 - Nov 29 with 862 viewsgtsb1966

So are we all happy today? on 12:49 - Nov 29 by bluelagos

We'll have a normal xmas , even this idiotic government wouldn't shut down places just before xmas, but it's January that's the worry for me. If they had to shut down again would they bring back furlough and at what percentage of people's wage. I would be ok but there would be millions of others that are not.
So are we all happy today? on 13:05 - Nov 29 with 820 viewsbluelagos

So are we all happy today? on 12:55 - Nov 29 by gtsb1966

We'll have a normal xmas , even this idiotic government wouldn't shut down places just before xmas, but it's January that's the worry for me. If they had to shut down again would they bring back furlough and at what percentage of people's wage. I would be ok but there would be millions of others that are not.

Bottom line is no one is locking anything down until it's crystal clear the new variant is dangerous. And at the moment we just don't know so little point in debating the whys and wherefores when it's most likely that we won't have to.

IF it proves to be dangerous (resistant to the vaccines) then there's a decision to be made by those in power. In the meantime they are taking steps to limit it's spread (Facemasks and tighter travel) which seems sensible.

Taking steps in a timely manner with a view to increasing restrictions if/when we know more, struggling to see any of that as bad tbh, and in stark contrast to when the Delta variant was first identified.

So are we all happy today? on 18:25 - Nov 29 with 645 viewsfactual_blue

So are we all happy today? on 12:55 - Nov 29 by gtsb1966

It's already happening.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59464618

#thinendofthewedge

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So are we all happy today? on 18:30 - Nov 29 with 622 viewsfooters

So are we all happy today? on 18:25 - Nov 29 by factual_blue

It's already happening.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59464618

#thinendofthewedge

Well, that's my trip to Bournemouth ballsed up then.

So are we all happy today? on 18:37 - Nov 29 with 599 viewsTrequartista

So are we all happy today? on 10:31 - Nov 29 by Sarge

Hospitalisations have trebled in Gauteng in the last 2 weeks. I don't think it is yet known how many of them are Omicron, but that doesn't sound good to me.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024