Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
yesterday 08:53 - Nov 29 with 731 viewsfergalsharkey

We needed a wondergoal and a superb goalkeeping performance to beat Crewe at home.

We aint going anywhere this season.

Poll: Cook out?

yesterday on 08:56 - Nov 29 with 705 viewsblueislander

Slight hyperbole there. Walton made one decent save, and came and collected some crosses.
yesterday on 09:00 - Nov 29 with 693 viewsKeaneish

yesterday on 08:56 - Nov 29 by blueislander

Slight hyperbole there. Walton made one decent save, and came and collected some crosses.

Indeed. We also missed two open goals, a one-on-one and a sitter. Thanks f Crewe’s decision making was better they could have had another couple. So, we could be sat here talking about a 6-3 score line which would have a very different complexion to the board today.

Defensive frailties and not being clinical enough is the conclusion not that Walton kept us in the game!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

yesterday on 09:01 - Nov 29 with 682 viewsSomethingBlue

We were not good but a number of people are massively overstating Crewe's attacking threat.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

yesterday on 09:02 - Nov 29 with 671 viewshomer_123

yesterday on 09:01 - Nov 29 by SomethingBlue

We were not good but a number of people are massively overstating Crewe's attacking threat.

The one thing they did very well was move the ball. Their work off the ball was markedly better than ours.

We should have easily put that game to bed though and in the end made a right meal out of it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

yesterday on 09:06 - Nov 29 with 655 viewsHerbivore

They got into a lot of good situations that ended without any real threat to our goal. They only had a couple of genuine chances but with better decision making and/or a little more quality we could have been in trouble. They strolled through as at times yesterday. Have to say I thought Lowery was head and shoulders above the three CMs that featured for us yesterday, especially second half. He was everywhere and used the ball very effectively.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

yesterday on 09:10 - Nov 29 with 633 viewsunstableblue

We were not good

We were not poor

We carved out some excellent chances despite Crewe packing their box

Waltons save in the first half was standard, he didn’t too much else to do

We allowed far too much space second half and Crewe got some dangerous moments but in the main edmondson and Toto dealt with the threat well

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

yesterday on 09:12 - Nov 29 with 625 viewsSomethingBlue

yesterday on 09:06 - Nov 29 by Herbivore

They got into a lot of good situations that ended without any real threat to our goal. They only had a couple of genuine chances but with better decision making and/or a little more quality we could have been in trouble. They strolled through as at times yesterday. Have to say I thought Lowery was head and shoulders above the three CMs that featured for us yesterday, especially second half. He was everywhere and used the ball very effectively.

Oh, not arguing that we let them have too much of it, especially at 2-0. A better team does more with the possession. Lowery impressed me last season too, plays with his head up and always wants the ball — looks to be excellent at "scanning", as they say today. Would perhaps be a nice option in there for us, although Crewe play a very specific style and structure & have largely come through together over a number of years.

yesterday on 09:15 - Nov 29 with 601 viewsitfcjoe

It was more the positions that they were in, rather than what they actually were able to end up doing with it - lots of 2 v 2s, and the like and with a bit of quality rather than Chris Long having 2 left feet then we would have been in a bit of trouble.

Stick some of the quad players hwo can't even get in our 18 at the moment in their squad like Norwood or Barry and we'd have been in a bit of trouble.

The gap in quality was so vast, but I'd say their were a better more functioning team than us

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

yesterday on 09:17 - Nov 29 with 576 viewsitfcjoe

yesterday on 09:12 - Nov 29 by SomethingBlue

Oh, not arguing that we let them have too much of it, especially at 2-0. A better team does more with the possession. Lowery impressed me last season too, plays with his head up and always wants the ball — looks to be excellent at "scanning", as they say today. Would perhaps be a nice option in there for us, although Crewe play a very specific style and structure & have largely come through together over a number of years.

Low(e)ry very good at 'scanning' and must being able to paint pictures in his head...

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

yesterday on 09:17 - Nov 29 with 574 viewsSomethingBlue

yesterday on 09:15 - Nov 29 by itfcjoe

It was more the positions that they were in, rather than what they actually were able to end up doing with it - lots of 2 v 2s, and the like and with a bit of quality rather than Chris Long having 2 left feet then we would have been in a bit of trouble.

Stick some of the quad players hwo can't even get in our 18 at the moment in their squad like Norwood or Barry and we'd have been in a bit of trouble.

The gap in quality was so vast, but I'd say their were a better more functioning team than us

I do take that point — and the broader one that it's so hard to see us going anywhere at the moment — although I suspect quite a lot of Crewe's games look like yesterday's.

yesterday on 09:20 - Nov 29 with 547 viewstextbackup

man utd had to wait until the 91st and 93rd min to beat bayern in the champs league final in 99, they are so sht

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

yesterday on 09:21 - Nov 29 with 544 viewsN2_Blue

exactly this.

Crewe did a lot of things better than us, and seemed to have so much space in 2nd half.

Player for player we are the better team but the fact they could do so much better than us and be a more functional unit indicates to me that there is an issue with our coaching and how we are set up to play, not our playing personnel.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

yesterday on 09:27 - Nov 29 with 501 viewsKeaneish

Through the middle they out numbered us; on the flanks they’re were dire. They broke in numbers and we didn’t compact the full back areas tight enough to squeeze the middle when they did break.

It was a weird game in truth but we’re up to 1.55 ppg since Cambridge and on to Charlton to try and get back to 1.7 ppg. One thing is for sure though, if sides are going to our number us in midfield, Morsy has to do more as a leader. Dare I say it, I miss Flynn Downes.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

yesterday on 09:37 - Nov 29 with 484 viewstimothyeo

Expected Goals, in context of the match, is quite a handy stat for this.

Our xPG was 1.1

Crewe's was 1

Draw would have been a fair result. No where near good enough, but of course an important 3 points that we would take over a better performance but draw every week.
yesterday on 09:44 - Nov 29 with 453 viewsDMDC

I agree we arnt going up. I gave up after the Sunderland game. I was angry,but now lve resigned myself to it. The manager only has a plan A,well, lm not sure he even has that to be honest.He talks a good game but thats about it. If we did by some miracle go up he would be way out of his depth as he struggles to put a team together even at this level. But as l say we have no worries about that because we aint going anywhere with this manager and coaches.
yesterday on 09:48 - Nov 29 with 417 viewsGarv

Ugh, don't you just hate wondergoals and superb goalkeeping.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024