Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shopping list 10:08 - Nov 29 with 800 viewsCotty

1. LB please Santa. No offence to Bailey, who has done well in the circumstances, but this formation requires something a bit more dynamic from our fullbacks. We're not perfect at RB but JD and KVY both have good qualities. Overall we're much stronger down the right.

2. A centre forward to take the pressure off Bonne please Santa. Pigott has not shown he is capable of being effective enough in this formation yet.

3. I hate to say it but a left-sided forward is probably needed too - nobody has grabbed that position really.

4. If we can get a top quality CB I would not be upset, Toto has his qualities but with our forward line sputtering we could do with someone with better distribution. If we could somehow clone Edmundson, I would not be upset.

I'll leave Norwood, Jackson and Nolan in a plastic carrier bag outside British Heart Foundation.
Shopping list on 10:10 - Nov 29 with 766 viewsreusersfreekicks

We have more than enough quality players to flourish, just buying more is not the solution
Shopping list on 10:11 - Nov 29 with 767 viewshomer_123

I'm sorry but I'm not buying this 'we need more players' analysis at all.

On paper, this squad is ridiculous for this division. If Cook cannot get a tune out of the squad that was left him when he joined and he can't get a tune out of his current squad why does signing four players suggest he'll get a tune out of them.

The quality of our squad is not the issue here.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Shopping list on 10:12 - Nov 29 with 747 viewsCotty

Shopping list on 10:11 - Nov 29 by homer_123

On paper, this squad is ridiculous for this division. If Cook cannot get a tune out of the squad that was left him when he joined and he can't get a tune out of his current squad why does signing four players suggest he'll get a tune out of them.

Absolutely true. I think that there is only really a strong argument for #1 on that list - Coulsen looks to be out for a while, and Penney is back-up at best. Clements has done well but isn't quite what we need there (yet).
Shopping list on 10:15 - Nov 29 with 728 viewsHerbivore

Shopping list on 10:12 - Nov 29 by Cotty

Absolutely true. I think that there is only really a strong argument for #1 on that list - Coulsen looks to be out for a while, and Penney is back-up at best. Clements has done well but isn't quite what we need there (yet).

Think LB is definitely a priority, possibly a CB as I'm unconvinced Toto is the answer but neither are Burgess or Woolf at the minute. The attacking positions we should be okay for me, there's plenty of quality and depth there we just haven't worked out how to get the best out of them consistently.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Shopping list on 10:17 - Nov 29 with 718 viewsChrisd

Pretty much agree with many of these suggestions Cotty. I understand many will say about the quality of the squad, but there are a few I'm not convinced about now and the fact is we just aren't a team and look disjointed. The only one I would query is the CF, feel with Bonne, Pigott and possibly Norwood (I wish he would stay fit) we should have enough cover especially with PC rigidly sticking with 1 up top. My concern is the CM, Morsy needs someone next to him as we look quite fragile in the middle of the park. There are still plenty of question marks over positions at the moment. Potentially, January could be a busy month with comings and goings IMO.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 10:20]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Shopping list on 10:18 - Nov 29 with 695 viewsSomethingBlue

Shopping list on 10:17 - Nov 29 by Chrisd

Pretty much agree with many of these suggestions Cotty. I understand many will say about the quality of the squad, but there are a few I'm not convinced about now and the fact is we just aren't a team and look disjointed. The only one I would query is the CF, feel with Bonne, Pigott and possibly Norwood (I wish he would stay fit) we should have enough cover especially with PC rigidly sticking with 1 up top. My concern is the CM, Morsy needs someone next to him as we look quite fragile in the middle of the park. There are still plenty of question marks over positions at the moment. Potentially, January could be a busy month with comings and goings IMO.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 10:20]

Forget about Norwood, you won't be seeing him again ... the point about a striker is a really pressing one I think.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Shopping list on 10:22 - Nov 29 with 641 viewsChrisd

Shopping list on 10:18 - Nov 29 by SomethingBlue

Forget about Norwood, you won't be seeing him again ... the point about a striker is a really pressing one I think.

You're probably right. I appreciate he's like marmite and he's questionable off the pitch, but if Norwood had stayed fit ,he'd have been a great option for us. You watch, he'll go elsewhere and start banging the goals in again.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Shopping list on 10:27 - Nov 29 with 616 viewscatch74

Agree with all that, left-sided forward I’d persevere with Edwards. He terrifies opposition, teed up Celina (who squared for the Bonne sitter) and missed his own chance he created out of nothing.
His end product is clearly a work in progress but I do wonder if one goes in it might open the floodgates.
Would be great to see him, Pigott, KVY and Carroll perform well against Arsenal.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Login to get fewer ads

Shopping list on 10:27 - Nov 29 with 618 viewsportmanking

Shopping list on 10:11 - Nov 29 by homer_123

Nah. There's still problem areas of the squad, which is little surprise after just one transfer window.

Left back and a long-term partner for Edmundson are key.
Shopping list on 10:32 - Nov 29 with 601 viewshype313

Shopping list on 10:22 - Nov 29 by Chrisd

You're probably right. I appreciate he's like marmite and he's questionable off the pitch, but if Norwood had stayed fit ,he'd have been a great option for us. You watch, he'll go elsewhere and start banging the goals in again.

I'm not so sure about that, he flogged his body to death at Tranmere season in season out, which is fine in your mid twenties but it catches up with you over time as we have seen to our detriment.

Think his days of playing 30-40 games a season at 31 are long gone.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Shopping list on 10:37 - Nov 29 with 578 viewsOwainG1992

I'd agree with a left back.
If Coulson was Injury free then perfect.
Sadly he isn't and we don't seem able to rely on him.
Penney is alright but there is a reason Sheff Wed's didn't mind him moving on.
Young Bailey is OK but not good enough at this level at his current age.
So yes a better LB would be my priority.

I do believe we have enough quality elsewhere and the manager needs looking at more than the players.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Shopping list on 10:42 - Nov 29 with 539 viewsMattinLondon

We don’t need more players we need a new manager and possibly better coaches.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024