Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook Out Brigade 11:28 - Nov 29 with 3906 viewsMediocre_Quick

So, if he goes, who do you want in to replace him? Who's available to replace him?
Cook Out Brigade on 11:30 - Nov 29 with 2450 viewsitfcjoe

Did anyone think Bersant Celina and Sam Morsy were available to a League 1 club in the summer?

If our manager recruitment is as ambitious and aggressive as our player recruitment I really don't see that we have anything to worry about

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cook Out Brigade on 11:35 - Nov 29 with 2399 viewsJDB23

We’re not shopping in the freebie basket any more so we could definitely approach managers who are currently employed. Having said that I could actually picture us going for someone like Hughton, which I would be disappointed in.
Everyone is available.... on 11:37 - Nov 29 with 2380 viewsBloots

....at the right price.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Everyone is available.... on 11:38 - Nov 29 with 2379 viewshype313

Everyone is available.... on 11:37 - Nov 29 by Bloots

....at the right price.

Even you

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Cook Out Brigade on 11:48 - Nov 29 with 2327 viewsjayessess

My hunch is they'll want Appleton, despite his long contract.

Weird to get hung up on replacements when we're achieving so markedly under our resources. Worth worrying about when you're over-achieving but hard to argue the manager is bringing added value when you're 9/10 places below "par".

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Cook Out Brigade on 11:51 - Nov 29 with 2317 viewsChurchman

Cook Out Brigade on 11:30 - Nov 29 by itfcjoe

Did anyone think Bersant Celina and Sam Morsy were available to a League 1 club in the summer?

If our manager recruitment is as ambitious and aggressive as our player recruitment I really don't see that we have anything to worry about

But the question stands - who do you replace him with? We are established mid table L1. Pep and Klopp won’t be coming.

Nigel Atkins is free. So is Mick, which would generate plenty of euphoria for many on here (not from me). Bristol City are 18th. Nigel Pearson anyone? Mowbray maybe? If he’s still wanted he’s hardly going to leave 4th placed Blackburn for us. How about Ian Holloway? Nearly came here once upon a time. Jeez. Take a punt on Shefki? It’d be fun. What about Poyet and Tarricco? Did a good job for a while seven years ago? How about the bloke Norwich have just kicked out? Imagine if he lost a game? Plenty were after Cook after two weeks. Farke wouldn’t get two minutes. Then there’s the old cabbage head himself - Bruce!

In other words, hardly the list from heaven. Whilst I hear what you say about ambitious player recruitment, Joe, who on earth could we attract that could do the job required? I’m struggling. I hope the club are doing their research though.
Bag of chips.... on 11:54 - Nov 29 with 2289 viewsBloots

Everyone is available.... on 11:38 - Nov 29 by hype313

Even you

....and a curly-wurly.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Cook Out Brigade on 11:55 - Nov 29 with 2295 viewsjayessess

Cook Out Brigade on 11:51 - Nov 29 by Churchman

But the question stands - who do you replace him with? We are established mid table L1. Pep and Klopp won’t be coming.

Nigel Atkins is free. So is Mick, which would generate plenty of euphoria for many on here (not from me). Bristol City are 18th. Nigel Pearson anyone? Mowbray maybe? If he’s still wanted he’s hardly going to leave 4th placed Blackburn for us. How about Ian Holloway? Nearly came here once upon a time. Jeez. Take a punt on Shefki? It’d be fun. What about Poyet and Tarricco? Did a good job for a while seven years ago? How about the bloke Norwich have just kicked out? Imagine if he lost a game? Plenty were after Cook after two weeks. Farke wouldn’t get two minutes. Then there’s the old cabbage head himself - Bruce!

In other words, hardly the list from heaven. Whilst I hear what you say about ambitious player recruitment, Joe, who on earth could we attract that could do the job required? I’m struggling. I hope the club are doing their research though.

Why not any of the 6 coaches currently managing less affluent clubs above us in the league?

Login to get fewer ads

Cook Out Brigade on 11:58 - Nov 29 with 2269 viewsHerbivore

Why assume it'll be a managerial merry go round candidate? They might want to go down the route of a more up and coming first team coach with excellent coaching credentials rather than another old school manager.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

You'd like to think that our Super CEO.... on 11:59 - Nov 29 with 2257 viewsBloots

....would have a little more idea and imagination than going down a list of unemployed has been managers.

Have you ever considered that there is a decent coach out there that you haven't heard of?

I expect that our next "manager" will be a "coach" that has been doing a job behind the scenes and learning from whatever set up he is currently in, or overachieving in his (or her) current role whether that's in the UK or overseas.

We need someone with fresh ideas and flexibility, a modern way of thinking.

Cook Out Brigade on 12:11 - Nov 29 with 2202 viewsChurchman

Cook Out Brigade on 11:55 - Nov 29 by jayessess

Why not any of the 6 coaches currently managing less affluent clubs above us in the league?

Of those Jimmy FH is the only one I’d consider. Cowley at Portsmouth wouldn’t come here, but would we want somebody whose team were taken to the cleaners by Cooks team only a few weeks ago? Manning at MK Dons? Don’t know anything about him. Would he fit? Duncan did a brilliant job at Chesterfield before coming here and promptly stunk the place out.

Somebody we’ve not heard of? Like Paul Hurst? Aaaargh!

As I say I hope the owners/CEO/Chairman are working on this.
Cook Out Brigade on 12:12 - Nov 29 with 2203 viewsitfcjoe

Personally I think you need to be looking at someone who has a career trajectory that may see them end up as a PL coach in the future, someone younger with potential, rather than someone who has a ceiling as a Championship Manager.

Cook Out Brigade on 12:16 - Nov 29 with 2164 viewsMullet

Cook Out Brigade on 12:12 - Nov 29 by itfcjoe

Personally I think you need to be looking at someone who has a career trajectory that may see them end up as a PL coach in the future, someone younger with potential, rather than someone who has a ceiling as a Championship Manager.

I wonder if we'll rue missing out on Manning - I know MK fans aren't much a barometer but they seem really taken with him. Weird to think.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Cook Out Brigade on 12:25 - Nov 29 with 2082 viewsHerbivore

Cook Out Brigade on 12:16 - Nov 29 by Mullet

I wonder if we'll rue missing out on Manning - I know MK fans aren't much a barometer but they seem really taken with him. Weird to think.

How do you know? Have you asked both of them?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cook Out Brigade on 12:27 - Nov 29 with 2071 viewsMattinLondon

Cook Out Brigade on 12:12 - Nov 29 by itfcjoe

Rob Edwards- Forest Green head coach?
Cook Out Brigade on 12:28 - Nov 29 with 2063 viewsElderGrizzly

This.

Local journalists have confirmed again that the new owners were not involved in choosing Cook, so as Joe says I can’t see why we wouldn’t aim for a manager and coaching team at a different level to Cook too.
Cook Out Brigade on 12:30 - Nov 29 with 2022 viewsfooters

Perhaps we could get one of those funny foreign sorts to come in (Brexsh1t permitting). Probably speak better English than a scousers anyway.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Cook Out Brigade on 12:33 - Nov 29 with 2000 viewsitfcjoe

Cook Out Brigade on 12:30 - Nov 29 by footers

Perhaps we could get one of those funny foreign sorts to come in (Brexsh1t permitting). Probably speak better English than a scousers anyway.

Brexit makes it incredibly difficult, almost has to be someone who has managed a team in Europe from a half decent league.....and then (as Barnsley found) they can't bring any of their staff across with them

Cook Out Brigade on 12:34 - Nov 29 with 1989 viewsjayessess

Cook Out Brigade on 12:11 - Nov 29 by Churchman

Of those Jimmy FH is the only one I’d consider. Cowley at Portsmouth wouldn’t come here, but would we want somebody whose team were taken to the cleaners by Cooks team only a few weeks ago? Manning at MK Dons? Don’t know anything about him. Would he fit? Duncan did a brilliant job at Chesterfield before coming here and promptly stunk the place out.

Somebody we’ve not heard of? Like Paul Hurst? Aaaargh!

As I say I hope the owners/CEO/Chairman are working on this.

That's a judgement on Cook itself, isn't it? 10 coaches currently bettering him (most of them with less resources) who you wouldn't even consider it worth hiring.

Cook Out Brigade on 12:38 - Nov 29 with 1936 viewsMullet

Cook Out Brigade on 12:30 - Nov 29 by footers

"than a scousers"

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Cook Out Brigade on 12:39 - Nov 29 with 1928 viewswkj

Someone Better

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Cook Out Brigade on 12:40 - Nov 29 with 1904 viewsfooters

Cook Out Brigade on 12:38 - Nov 29 by Mullet

"than a scousers"

I've made a big mistake here and you've caught me up in my own failure.

If you need me I'll be in the corner with the dunce hat on.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Cook Out Brigade on 12:43 - Nov 29 with 1875 viewsIllinoisblue

Interestingly, the most virulent anti-Mick brigade are now (on a particular fb page) calling for Cook to be given more time and saying how they’re fed up with the negativity.

It is indeed a funny old game.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Cook Out Brigade on 12:55 - Nov 29 with 1780 viewsKeaneish

Cook Out Brigade on 12:43 - Nov 29 by Illinoisblue

Interestingly, the most virulent anti-Mick brigade are now (on a particular fb page) calling for Cook to be given more time and saying how they’re fed up with the negativity.

It is indeed a funny old game.

I’m not seeing the irony. Mick was here for 6-years, Cook has been here less than 1. They’re right in my view.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Cook Out Brigade on 12:59 - Nov 29 with 1739 viewsHighgateBlue

I find it very strange that this question is used as a counter-punch against those who think that a manager has failed. Nobody seemed to ask it when some started shouting 'Evans out!', when it's plainly much easier to replace an employed manager or head coach than it is to replace an owner. It may be that you didn't mean the question in that spirit, in which case fair enough.

But anyhoo, if Manning would come here, I'd take him, and he can bring Twine with him. If he's any good, we can plant a longstanding tribute to him in an effort to be eco-friendly - the Manning-tree.

Ryan Lowe and Rob Edwards would both be worthy of strong consideration. Personally I would not be dead against a more experienced manager, but my preference would be to want someone coming through with modern ideas and bags of energy.

I think for the average punter it's very difficult to know who might be attracted sufficiently to come to us. When names like Eddie Howe get mentioned, plainly that's very wishful thinking. It's a shame we didn't give Lampard or Gerrard a go, as they are now far beyond us too.

Orrrrrr, get a head-hunter to find the highest quality female head coach who'll come to us. Given the in-built resistance to that at most clubs, you'd think we could punch above our weight in attracting someone intelligent and hungry.

Whoever were to come in, they would need to be on speaking terms with a defensive coach...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024