Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celina 12:35 - Nov 29 with 1892 viewsGarv

Are there still a few thinking he doesn't deserve a starting spot?

We're obviously not at our best right now but with him in your team you always stand a chance of something like that happening. He's frustrating because a lot doesn't come off - mainly because he doesn't often play the simple pass - but it's worth it for the stuff that does.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Celina on 12:44 - Nov 29 with 1277 viewsportmanking

The guy's a complete enigma.

He can score a world-class goal like that and then fluff a simple 5-yard pass on the edge of the opposition's area after beating 2-3 players.

No-one can deny he's not frustrating to watch a lot of the time, but he does have an end product.
Celina on 12:54 - Nov 29 with 1229 viewswkj

I did say I like him as a supersub, based on the fact he is one of the few players who seem to improve us when he comes on. That isn't the same as saying he doesn't deserve a starting spot.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 12:56]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Celina on 12:55 - Nov 29 with 1225 viewsjayessess

Yeah, he's a must have at the moment, 4 goals and 3 assists in 9 starts. At the moment I'd say Edwards-Celina-Aluko is the most balanced selection for those 3 roles.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Celina on 12:59 - Nov 29 with 1210 viewsChrisd

The goal yesterday was wonderful and worthy of being a goal of the season contender in any league across the globe, but for an international player in L1 with copious amounts of ability he goes missing for me quite often. When he's good, he's very good, but when he's not on it, where's he gone? I'd like to see him deliver regularly and impose himself on games. He's the type of player that should be making a difference at this level.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Celina on 13:03 - Nov 29 with 1187 viewsHighgateBlue

I would have him in my starting 11, without question. He's a luxury player, and will not always come good, but I believe that with Morsy behind him, and if we can nail down a consistent CB next to the fridge (James Wilson James Wilson James Wilson), there's a platform that should allow us that luxury.

I don't believe we can have too many such luxuries in one team however, and with great respect to Edwards, so far he has appeared to be a luxury that we /can't/ really afford.
Celina on 13:05 - Nov 29 with 1171 viewsHerbivore

Celina on 12:55 - Nov 29 by jayessess

Yeah, he's a must have at the moment, 4 goals and 3 assists in 9 starts. At the moment I'd say Edwards-Celina-Aluko is the most balanced selection for those 3 roles.

My worry is that three leaves Bonne quite isolated. I like Chaplin because he actually gets close to and even beyond Bonne.

I do go back to what I said at the start of the season, I feel like we actually have too many options in that area of the pitch and as a result we're changing too regularly and struggling to get the balance right.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Celina on 13:07 - Nov 29 with 1174 viewsJakeITFC

Celina on 13:03 - Nov 29 by HighgateBlue

I would have him in my starting 11, without question. He's a luxury player, and will not always come good, but I believe that with Morsy behind him, and if we can nail down a consistent CB next to the fridge (James Wilson James Wilson James Wilson), there's a platform that should allow us that luxury.

I don't believe we can have too many such luxuries in one team however, and with great respect to Edwards, so far he has appeared to be a luxury that we /can't/ really afford.

I don't actually see Edwards as much of a luxury - he works hard, gives us a more balanced shape and is good defensively.
Celina on 13:14 - Nov 29 with 1141 viewsSomethingBlue

Celina on 13:07 - Nov 29 by JakeITFC

I don't actually see Edwards as much of a luxury - he works hard, gives us a more balanced shape and is good defensively.

Spot on, we are better with him playing.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Celina on 13:16 - Nov 29 with 1121 viewsSomethingBlue

Celina on 12:59 - Nov 29 by Chrisd

The goal yesterday was wonderful and worthy of being a goal of the season contender in any league across the globe, but for an international player in L1 with copious amounts of ability he goes missing for me quite often. When he's good, he's very good, but when he's not on it, where's he gone? I'd like to see him deliver regularly and impose himself on games. He's the type of player that should be making a difference at this level.

He is already though, isn't he? He won the Fleetwood game for us, won that one yesterday, scored twice at Wycombe, assists vs Doncaster (x2) and Accrington ... and probably only now has reached 100% fitness after joining at the end of the window having had a fairly worrying infection. Think his output for us has been really good so far and expect it to keep improving.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Celina on 13:19 - Nov 29 with 1092 viewsfooters

Celina on 13:07 - Nov 29 by JakeITFC

I really like Edwards. Always trying to get us moving forward, very positive player even if his end product isn't exactly great.

As for Celina, I'm surprised the EFL haven't barred us from playing him at this level. It's an unfair competitive advantage.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Celina on 13:38 - Nov 29 with 1003 viewsElephantintheRoom

Of course he isn't. No point at all in having a serial failure on loan - who will be off elsewhere. Hugely damaging to the club in the short term.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Celina on 13:41 - Nov 29 with 994 viewsIllinoisblue

Celina on 13:38 - Nov 29 by ElephantintheRoom

Of course he isn't. No point at all in having a serial failure on loan - who will be off elsewhere. Hugely damaging to the club in the short term.

2/10. You’re barely trying now.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Celina on 13:42 - Nov 29 with 985 viewsfooters

Celina on 13:41 - Nov 29 by Illinoisblue

Yes, but he wrote a football blog once or something.

Celina on 13:42 - Nov 29 with 984 viewstownblue

Blows very hot or cold but then does something like yesterday, so who knows.
Celina on 13:44 - Nov 29 with 982 viewsStokieBlue

Celina on 12:59 - Nov 29 by Chrisd

He's 4 goals and 3 assists in 13 matches after coming back from no preseason and covid. His stats are better than anyone else in that 3 behind the forward even after those issues.

He's getting better in each match, I think that's pretty clear and not surprising given the issues above.

Not really sure what else he can do, the expectations for him seem utterly unrealistic.

Surely he is making a difference? We don't win the Crewe match without that goal.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Celina on 13:44 - Nov 29 with 971 viewsStokieBlue

Celina on 13:16 - Nov 29 by SomethingBlue

He is already though, isn't he? He won the Fleetwood game for us, won that one yesterday, scored twice at Wycombe, assists vs Doncaster (x2) and Accrington ... and probably only now has reached 100% fitness after joining at the end of the window having had a fairly worrying infection. Think his output for us has been really good so far and expect it to keep improving.

Spot on.

The attitude of some towards him is bizarre in my opinion.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Celina on 13:48 - Nov 29 with 958 viewsfooters

Celina on 13:44 - Nov 29 by StokieBlue

He's 4 goals and 3 assists in 13 matches after coming back from no preseason and covid. His stats are better than anyone else in that 3 behind the forward even after those issues.

He's getting better in each match, I think that's pretty clear and not surprising given the issues above.

Not really sure what else he can do, the expectations for him seem utterly unrealistic.

Surely he is making a difference? We don't win the Crewe match without that goal.

SB

If he was more consistent he wouldn't be playing for us in League One, it's as simple as that. What people are expecting of him really seems insane.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 13:50]

Celina on 13:50 - Nov 29 with 933 viewsElephantintheRoom

Celina on 13:41 - Nov 29 by Illinoisblue

Clearly you dont care about the club - and anything, or anyone will do.

But here's the thing.... imagine an Ipswich player playing for Ipswich.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Celina on 13:52 - Nov 29 with 941 viewshomer_123

If you look at his effect on games from a stats perspective...then he's contributing as much, if not more than anyone.

Celina 4 goals, 3 assists
Chaplin 4 goals, 2 assists
Evans, 3 goals, 3 assist
Burns 3 goals, 3 assists
Aluko 3 goals, 0 assists
Fraser 1 goal, 2 assists
Edwards 0 goals, 0 assists

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Celina on 13:52 - Nov 29 with 935 viewsHerbivore

Celina on 13:44 - Nov 29 by StokieBlue

Spot on.

The attitude of some towards him is bizarre in my opinion.

SB

People see his ability and expect him to be producing goals and assists in every single game, when he doesn't it's seen as him not living up to expectations. It's true that there are games where he hasn't really done a lot (but he's hardly alone in that) but then that's why he's at an ambitious League 1 side and not a lower Prem team. If we play him consistently he'll offer a lot of creativity and a decent number of goals. If we can help him to do that more and more regularly we'll have a player on our hands who will be a standout at the level above, he's got the talent. Sadly, though, if we don't improve as a team then we're not going to be the ones he fulfils his potential with.

I do still wonder what our most balanced attacking line up is. Possibly Celina from the left and Chaplin central as Chaplin is the only one who really consistently gets in the box and beyond the striker. That said I think Celina is marginally more effective as a 10 but it does leave Bonne a bit isolated.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Celina on 13:52 - Nov 29 with 936 viewsSitfcB

Celina on 13:38 - Nov 29 by ElephantintheRoom

Why has this creation yet to be booted.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Celina on 14:04 - Nov 29 with 889 viewstrncbluearmy

First name on the team sheet every game,
miles ahead of most other players in this league, thinks quicker and has quicker feet, sometimes to quick for those around him

we are very very fortunate to have him, he did not have to come here he wanted to
Celina on 14:07 - Nov 29 with 871 viewsFixed_It

Celina on 13:42 - Nov 29 by footers

Yes, but he wrote a football blog once or something.

Bet it was a laugh a minute!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Celina on 14:19 - Nov 29 with 846 viewsKeaneish

Guaranteed starter on the left for me with Edwards off the bench. Celina - Chaplin - Burns is my favourite forward three. Every one in this side is going to get better and better. We have the ability to go on a big run and he will be a big part in the big games when needed.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Celina on 14:31 - Nov 29 with 815 viewsDurovigutum

Me, when he starts on the left.

I'd like to see him up front in a 2 with Bonne or Piggott (or a combination of two of the three).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024