Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months 15:44 - Nov 29 with 2935 viewsElderGrizzly

Just being announced

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 15:48 - Nov 29 with 2453 viewsStokieBlue

Do you know if people will be able to rebook existing appointments to an earlier date?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 15:51 - Nov 29 with 2435 viewshomer_123

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 15:48 - Nov 29 by StokieBlue

Do you know if people will be able to rebook existing appointments to an earlier date?

SB

I can tell you now, that the NHS site has me down as 2,754 in the queue......so, I'll let you know!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 15:51 - Nov 29 with 2428 viewsElderGrizzly

SB

I'd assume so, but no confirmation yet. When they changed it before, they allowed rescheduling then.

I'm booked in for 29th December as that was 6 months after my 2nd.
Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 15:54 - Nov 29 with 2418 viewsElderGrizzly

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 15:51 - Nov 29 by homer_123

I can tell you now, that the NHS site has me down as 2,754 in the queue......so, I'll let you know!

They won't update the booking website that quickly. It took 48 hours before

It is automated to only offer after 6 months
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 15:55]
Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 15:54 - Nov 29 with 2416 viewsSaleAway

For those interested, the booking website hasn't been updated with this info.... so you can't book it yet.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 16:02 - Nov 29 with 2356 viewsgtsb1966

I've had all three jabs but trying to book a flu jab is almost impossible now. They just haven't got any.
Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 16:03 - Nov 29 with 2346 viewshomer_123

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 15:54 - Nov 29 by ElderGrizzly

They won't update the booking website that quickly. It took 48 hours before

It is automated to only offer after 6 months
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 15:55]

Nooooooo

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 16:18 - Nov 29 with 2291 viewsbluelagos

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 15:54 - Nov 29 by SaleAway

For those interested, the booking website hasn't been updated with this info.... so you can't book it yet.

They also said on the conference where they announced it, to wait until you are contacted, as they want to ensure those most in need get priority. They are also giving a 4th jab to those most in need.

You'll have an hour or so before this moves but can watch it from 3pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcnews

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 16:25 - Nov 29 with 2270 viewsbluelagos

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 16:18 - Nov 29 by bluelagos

They also said on the conference where they announced it, to wait until you are contacted, as they want to ensure those most in need get priority. They are also giving a 4th jab to those most in need.

You'll have an hour or so before this moves but can watch it from 3pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcnews

Relevant part is at 3.24pm.

Clear message from JVT, wait for the NHS to contact you as they wish to priotise those receiving the boosters.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 16:38 - Nov 29 with 2206 viewsDigger77

SB

They also said "don't panic", so no need to start re-booking anything. Chill your boots!
Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 16:43 - Nov 29 with 2176 viewsStokieBlue

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 16:38 - Nov 29 by Digger77

They also said "don't panic", so no need to start re-booking anything. Chill your boots!

Thanks for the advice but given everything you post about covid is basically a load of cr*p I'll make my own decisions.

I would like to rebook earlier to boost my protection to the currently dominant Delta variant because it's clear immunity of all types wanes. It's got nothing to do with Omicron because at this stage we simply don't have the information on this variant and vaccines.

SB

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 17:30 - Nov 29 with 2038 viewsEly_Blue

Let’s just hope the already struggling booster program can cope, both myself (over 50) and my OH (45 but with existing medical conditions) are both outside of the 6 months now and struggled to get booked in before this weekend (me) and next week (her) on the south coast.

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 18:21 - Nov 29 with 1939 viewsTrequartista

Seems to be an admission, without admitting it, that the vaccine efficacy is waning much earlier than expected.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 18:45 - Nov 29 with 1902 viewsBlueBadger

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 16:38 - Nov 29 by Digger77

Sh1t Paz tribute act, you're just a sh1t Paz triiibbbbute acttttt

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 19:19 - Nov 29 with 1840 viewsrobdaful

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 17:30 - Nov 29 by Ely_Blue

Let’s just hope the already struggling booster program can cope, both myself (over 50) and my OH (45 but with existing medical conditions) are both outside of the 6 months now and struggled to get booked in before this weekend (me) and next week (her) on the south coast.

Have you tried giving your local place a call and seeing if they have any spares or anyone not turn up? I got my booster Friday, just gave them a call and they said yes come in after x and we'll fit you in.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 19:20]
Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 20:04 - Nov 29 with 1753 viewsEly_Blue

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 19:19 - Nov 29 by robdaful

Have you tried giving your local place a call and seeing if they have any spares or anyone not turn up? I got my booster Friday, just gave them a call and they said yes come in after x and we'll fit you in.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 19:20]

People re really struggling to get in anywhere near us with some having to travel or being offered jabs 20-30 and even 40 miles away

Problem is during the mass rollout they had a walk in centre open at the Bournemouth International Centre which isn’t operating now so they mass vaccinated people 6 months ago and those people are now all eligible for boosters but can’t get them even when they call up or turn up at places

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 20:10 - Nov 29 with 1733 viewsElderGrizzly

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 18:21 - Nov 29 by Trequartista

Seems to be an admission, without admitting it, that the vaccine efficacy is waning much earlier than expected.

Not really. They've been really open about how it wanes and how much for each vaccine too.

There have also said if you 'boost' too early you don't get the best impact. So it is finding that sweet spot.

6 months was always about availability of staff and vaccine, not efficacy.
Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 20:29 - Nov 29 with 1693 viewsMookamoo

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 17:30 - Nov 29 by Ely_Blue

Round these parts you can call/pop down to the vaccine centre and they add your phone number to a list, which they then call when spare doses become available at the end of the day. That is in deepest darkest Stowmarket though.

The main issue with now trying to ramp things back up again is how fragmented the NHS is. There is no such thing as 'the' NHS, its all a load of small sections stuck together with blu tak. Different NHS trusts/CCGs were responsible for different cohorts, so are only now working out who is going to be responsible for the under 40's second doses. The staff have to be sourced, the venues have to be found etc etc. They don't get any prior warning when these sweeping announcements are made.
Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 20:32 - Nov 29 with 1692 viewsTrequartista

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 20:10 - Nov 29 by ElderGrizzly

Not really. They've been really open about how it wanes and how much for each vaccine too.

There have also said if you 'boost' too early you don't get the best impact. So it is finding that sweet spot.

6 months was always about availability of staff and vaccine, not efficacy.

I've only previously seen evidence of it waning after 5 or 6 months (which it had for me personally when i caught it). So why would they bring it forward to 3 months if it is not waning that early? Even more so if you want to avoid boosting too early. At this rate we will require jabs 4, 5, 6 and 7 in 2022 to keep immunity high!
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 20:34]

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 20:34 - Nov 29 with 1678 viewsStokieBlue

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 20:32 - Nov 29 by Trequartista

I've only previously seen evidence of it waning after 5 or 6 months (which it had for me personally when i caught it). So why would they bring it forward to 3 months if it is not waning that early? Even more so if you want to avoid boosting too early. At this rate we will require jabs 4, 5, 6 and 7 in 2022 to keep immunity high!
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 20:34]

The latest studies out of Israel were showing waning immunity after about 3 months.

SB

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 20:37 - Nov 29 with 1670 viewsTrequartista

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 20:34 - Nov 29 by StokieBlue

The latest studies out of Israel were showing waning immunity after about 3 months.

SB

So we will likely need 4 more shots next year to prevent waning immunity? I'm guessing the answer is that the data is not in for how long each booster lasts, but having not even factored in Omicron yet, that is a distinct possibililty?
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 20:38]

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 20:44 - Nov 29 with 1648 viewsStokieBlue

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 20:37 - Nov 29 by Trequartista

So we will likely need 4 more shots next year to prevent waning immunity? I'm guessing the answer is that the data is not in for how long each booster lasts, but having not even factored in Omicron yet, that is a distinct possibililty?
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 20:38]

I think they were happy to live with a bit of waning immunity but with the emergence of Omicron they are probably erring on the cautious side and bringing forward the boosters.

I would think we will develop better vaccines that hopefully have longer immunity (for instance, AZ seems to have less waning in older people than the other vaccines because of it's greater T-Cell response) but it's certainly possible that for the next year or more we may need more boosters, possibly even 3 or 4 as you say.

I think it's really hard to know at the moment.

SB

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 21:27 - Nov 29 with 1582 viewsGlasgowBlue

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 16:43 - Nov 29 by StokieBlue

Thanks for the advice but given everything you post about covid is basically a load of cr*p I'll make my own decisions.

I would like to rebook earlier to boost my protection to the currently dominant Delta variant because it's clear immunity of all types wanes. It's got nothing to do with Omicron because at this stage we simply don't have the information on this variant and vaccines.

SB

Today is the first time I've heard any of the advisors say that the vaccine efficacy isn't so great with the delta variant as it is/was for the alpha/Kent variant.

Delta has been dominant since April and I'm surprised that hasn't been said before. Unless it has and I've missed it?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 21:35 - Nov 29 with 1565 viewspointofblue

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 21:27 - Nov 29 by GlasgowBlue

Today is the first time I've heard any of the advisors say that the vaccine efficacy isn't so great with the delta variant as it is/was for the alpha/Kent variant.

Delta has been dominant since April and I'm surprised that hasn't been said before. Unless it has and I've missed it?

Think they've said all along that the vaccines aren't quite as good with Delta as with Alpha or Beta but I think the 'success' percentage for the latter is something ridicuous, like 90%+, whilst with Delta it's in the mid to high 70s. I believe that normal flu vaccines have a 'success' rate of high 60s/low 70s hence there isn't too much concern about the lesser impact on Delta!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 22:13 - Nov 29 with 1524 viewsStokieBlue

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 21:27 - Nov 29 by GlasgowBlue

The various protections of the vaccines is quite complicated and has quite a few moving parts. For instance, some vaccines will provide better protection than others across all ages whereas something like AZ seems to provide better duration of protection than the others in older patients due to greater T-Cell reactions.

They have always said that Delta had some vaccine-escape characteristics and it did make a difference to the efficacy but it's not massive.

The following is from the New England Journal of Medicine:

Results of the test-negative case—control analysis are shown in Table 2 and Figure 1. In the “any vaccine” analysis, in which data from the persons who received either vaccine were pooled, effectiveness was notably lower after the first vaccine dose among persons with the delta variant (30.7%; 95% confidence interval [CI], 25.2 to 35.7) than among those with the alpha variant (48.7%; 95% CI, 45.5 to 51.7). Results for the first dose were similar for both vaccines, with an absolute difference in vaccine effectiveness against the delta variant as compared with the alpha variant of 11.9 percentage points with the BNT162b2 vaccine and 18.7 percentage points with the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine.

The difference in vaccine effectiveness was much smaller among persons who had received the second dose of vaccine. In the “any vaccine” analysis, the vaccine effectiveness was 87.5% (95% CI, 85.1 to 89.5) with the alpha variant and 79.6% (95% CI, 76.7 to 82.1) with the delta variant. With the BNT162b2 vaccine, a small difference in effectiveness between variants was seen after the second dose: 93.7% (95% CI, 91.6 to 95.3) with the alpha variant and 88.0% (95% CI, 85.3 to 90.1) with the delta variant. The effectiveness with two doses of the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine was lower than with the BNT162b2 vaccine; however, with the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine, the difference in effectiveness between the alpha and delta variants was small (74.5% [95% CI, 68.4 to 79.4] and 67.0% [95% CI, 61.3 to 71.8], respectively).

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmoa2108891

So essentially, one dose against Delta is quite a bit worse than one dose against Alpha but protection against both is decent with two doses although Delta effectiveness is still ~8 to 10% less than protection for Alpha.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024