Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips 20:05 - Nov 29 with 1553 viewsSwansea_Blue

Let’s mix it up a bit, as there are only so many threads I can handle about analysing our shortcomings.

Channeling your inner Mumsnet, what have you got? Tips, life hacks, things you wish you’d known earlier. House, life, garden, anything.

I’ll start us off: get a decent cook’s knife and a knife sharpener. Life changer. Turns a crap cook into a pro (up to the cooking bit).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 20:18 - Nov 29 with 1028 viewsKeno

If you want a cheap Lava Lamp, fill a used condom with water and place it near a radiator

Courtesy of a Mrs T Hogan, Much Slapping on the Rear, Viz 1990

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 20:20 - Nov 29 with 1019 viewsfooters

If you're a bit of a beanstalk, such as yours truly, lay your duvet upside down so your feet don't get caught between the buttons at the bottom.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 20:39 - Nov 29 with 961 viewscatch74

Just the arrow for which side the patrol cap is on, game changer.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 20:49 - Nov 29 with 950 viewsjeera

Pretend you are on holiday abroad by addressing your neighbours in a foreign language.

When they give you puzzling looks just repeat yourself several times getting louder each time.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 20:54 - Nov 29 with 941 viewshomer_123

Never wake up angry. Let her sleep in.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 20:56 - Nov 29 with 935 viewsSwansea_Blue

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 20:39 - Nov 29 by catch74

Just the arrow for which side the patrol cap is on, game changer.

I only found out/noticed that about 4-5 years ago. For hire cars it’s a definite game changer.

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 20:58 - Nov 29 with 929 viewsjeera

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 20:56 - Nov 29 by Swansea_Blue

I only found out/noticed that about 4-5 years ago. For hire cars it’s a definite game changer.

There's an arrow?

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 20:58 - Nov 29 with 920 viewsOldsmoker

The knife is good advice.

Apart from the time your new girlfriend goes mental, after you've suggested that maybe she's had enough to drink, and starts wielding the knife around and threatening to cut your tackle off.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Login to get fewer ads

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 21:01 - Nov 29 with 902 viewsjeera

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 20:58 - Nov 29 by Oldsmoker

The knife is good advice.

Apart from the time your new girlfriend goes mental, after you've suggested that maybe she's had enough to drink, and starts wielding the knife around and threatening to cut your tackle off.

A sharp knife will make the reconnection job easier for the surgeon though.

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 21:04 - Nov 29 with 884 viewshomer_123

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 20:58 - Nov 29 by jeera

There's an arrow?

No...its a petrol ⛽️ and the side the hose is is the side the cap is on. Typical Mumsnet advice here.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 21:07 - Nov 29 with 867 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Aoid the embarrassment of shouting out the wrong name in bed by only having flings with girls who have the same name as your wife.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 21:08 - Nov 29 with 845 viewsSwansea_Blue

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 21:04 - Nov 29 by homer_123

No...its a petrol ⛽️ and the side the hose is is the side the cap is on. Typical Mumsnet advice here.

Depends on the car then, as on both of mine I’ve got a pump with an arrow on the side of the filler cap.

(I bet electric car owners are feeling left out now; serves the right!).

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 21:09 - Nov 29 with 845 viewsazuremerlangus

Don’t waste money on expensive binoculars, simply stand nearer the object you wish to view.

Police Chief constables - don’t waste valuable police resources on tracking down paedophiles, just write to the camping and caravaning club and ask for a membership list.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 21:09 - Nov 29 with 842 viewsfooters

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 21:04 - Nov 29 by homer_123

"There’s no point pulling it mate, it’s not going to reach. He’s determined to make it reach. Oh, he has done."

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 21:11 - Nov 29 with 827 viewsOldsmoker

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 20:20 - Nov 29 by footers

If you're a bit of a beanstalk, such as yours truly, lay your duvet upside down so your feet don't get caught between the buttons at the bottom.

But if you've already slept once in the duvet before realising this, then the button end is going to honk of feet.
It's much better to buy a giant-size duvet and turn it just 90 degrees with the buttons up one side and on the floor.

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 21:15 - Nov 29 with 808 viewsfooters

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 21:11 - Nov 29 by Oldsmoker

But if you've already slept once in the duvet before realising this, then the button end is going to honk of feet.
It's much better to buy a giant-size duvet and turn it just 90 degrees with the buttons up one side and on the floor.

That's the kind of wisdom you can only get from the proper wiseheads of life.

Thanks, Smoker. Good to see you back, btw. Hope everything is good and that you have a suitable stash of casserole mix at your disposal.

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 21:16 - Nov 29 with 807 viewsSwansea_Blue

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 21:11 - Nov 29 by Oldsmoker

Or simply become shorter.

I was hoping for some useful tips, but then I suppose this is TWTD

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 21:21 - Nov 29 with 766 viewsSeablu

Make your loved one a cheap but thoughtful Xmas sextoy by simply coaxing x8 angry wasps into one of those metal cigar tubes.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 21:25]
Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 21:23 - Nov 29 with 764 viewsCoastalblue

Save time when eating chips by putting a good dose of salt in your vinegar bottle, apply both in one go.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 21:29 - Nov 29 with 749 viewsbelgablue

When travelling on Eurotunnel it’s often cheaper to buy 2x day trips (but not using the return) than it is to buy a standard return ticket.

Jupiler is the best Belgian beer.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 21:33 - Nov 29 with 744 viewsSwansea_Blue

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 21:29 - Nov 29 by belgablue

When travelling on Eurotunnel it’s often cheaper to buy 2x day trips (but not using the return) than it is to buy a standard return ticket.

Jupiler is the best Belgian beer.

Jupiler is marvelous.

This is the fella to follow for anything to do with rail travel in Europe (and beyond) https://www.seat61.com/. Unbelievable amount of details & tips. We used his site for our interrailing around Europe a few years ago and it was definitely a game changer.

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 21:35 - Nov 29 with 734 viewsOldsmoker

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 21:15 - Nov 29 by footers

That's the kind of wisdom you can only get from the proper wiseheads of life.

Thanks, Smoker. Good to see you back, btw. Hope everything is good and that you have a suitable stash of casserole mix at your disposal.

I've moved to a new flat.
The sausage caserole mix came with me. There's about a years supply left but I have no opportunity to use it. I don't have a cooker.
I've been waiting 8 weeks for CarpetWorld to install the carpets and lino but they've got delivery problems.
If the cookers in, the lino will be a pig to fit so I'm holding off buying one.
Currys say they can shift a cooker in a box to me within 48 hours.

I am mostly eating Morrisons microwave pasta meals.
I had vegetable Lasagne tonight - a bit saucy.

I only got the flat 'cos no-one else was keen on it 'cos the previous occupant died in it. That's why they ripped out all the carpets and scrapped the white goods.

Thinking of changing my username as I don't smoke anymore 'cos of Covid.

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 21:39 - Nov 29 with 721 viewsCoastalblue

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 21:35 - Nov 29 by Oldsmoker

The sausage caserole mix came with me. There's about a years supply left but I have no opportunity to use it. I don't have a cooker.
I've been waiting 8 weeks for CarpetWorld to install the carpets and lino but they've got delivery problems.

I only got the flat 'cos no-one else was keen on it 'cos the previous occupant died in it. That's why they ripped out all the carpets and scrapped the white goods.

Slightlyolderexsmoker?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 21:42 - Nov 29 with 718 viewsbelgablue

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 21:33 - Nov 29 by Swansea_Blue

Jupiler is marvelous.

This is the fella to follow for anything to do with rail travel in Europe (and beyond) https://www.seat61.com/. Unbelievable amount of details & tips. We used his site for our interrailing around Europe a few years ago and it was definitely a game changer.

Absolutely - I followed his Facebook for a bit before I got rid of FB. I’m doing a weekly commute on the Eurostar at the moment - it’s annoying being away a lot but I do enjoy a continental train trip.

The Rovos rail or Blue Train in South Africa is something I’d love to do one day.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 21:43 - Nov 29 with 711 viewsSwansea_Blue

Totally ‘tastic TWTD Top Tips on 21:35 - Nov 29 by Oldsmoker

Somebody can't die over all over the carpets though, shirley? I'm not wanting to get too graphic or morbid, but my old man passed away a few weeks ago (RIP) and there was only a chalky residue where he'd leant down to spend his last few moments on this world. Sadly, he was on his own and could have been there a couple of days, which is obviously something we've worried about and hoped it was quick. But it wasn't messy.

Hmm, too much info probably, sorry. I never was any good at dealing with feelings.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024