Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First games console or computer you got? 20:18 - Nov 29 with 2883 viewsPippin1970

Zx Spectrum 48k for myself playing the Hobbit and Jetpac. Just about remember Zx81.
First games console or computer you got? on 20:22 - Nov 29 with 2033 viewskesblue

Yep spectrum also,manic miner my fav
First games console or computer you got? on 20:29 - Nov 29 with 2014 viewsKeno

First games console or computer you got? on 20:22 - Nov 29 by kesblue

Yep spectrum also,manic miner my fav

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

First games console or computer you got? on 20:31 - Nov 29 with 2001 viewsEdmundo

First games console or computer you got? on 20:29 - Nov 29 by Keno

A mate of mine, Brett, who I went to school with in Felixstowe had one of those Ataris. I saw it in the Computer History Centre in Cambridge the other day with the kids, and felt instantly 6 again.
First I had was the Spectrum +2. Not a great first purchase, as most mates had Amstrads by then, and the games weren't compatible.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

First games console or computer you got? on 20:41 - Nov 29 with 1980 viewsbazza

Wish I hadn’t looked, wasn’t the first but we had a vectrex arcade system off the car boot.. selling on eBay Upto £2500 .. used to rip the ship out of it when we were kids.
First games console or computer you got? on 20:44 - Nov 29 with 1968 viewsTrequartista

Not forgetting the original Football Manager and Chequered Flag.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

First games console or computer you got? on 20:44 - Nov 29 with 1966 viewsCheltenham_Blue

In this order.

Spectrum 48k
Commodore Amiga
Mega Drive
PS1
PS2
PS3
XBox360
Xbox one
PS5 (To be fair, this is my boys, but I coughed up for it)
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 20:45]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

First games console or computer you got? on 20:46 - Nov 29 with 1960 viewsgainsboroughblue

I had a Spectrum 48k. Heady days of the red and white stripes followed by the yellow and blue. I used to call them Sunderland followed by Leeds.

Oh, and the moment when you held your breath when the picture loaded and waited to see if the loading would continue or whether you'd get an "R Tape loading error" message.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

First games console or computer you got? on 20:47 - Nov 29 with 1954 viewsbazza

First games console or computer you got? on 20:44 - Nov 29 by Cheltenham_Blue

In this order.

Spectrum 48k
Commodore Amiga
Mega Drive
PS1
PS2
PS3
XBox360
Xbox one

No Nintendo… loved Zelda and Mario. Mario kart on the Super Nintendo was quality
Login to get fewer ads

First games console or computer you got? on 20:51 - Nov 29 with 1946 viewsdickie

Amstrad CPC464
Sega Megadrive
Nintendo Gameboy
Sega Dreamcast
PS1 then 2

Then as an adult...
SNES
Sega Saturn
Sega Mega CD
N64 x 3
Gamecube x 3
Sega 32X
Gameboy Advance SP
Sega Game Gear
NES
Sega Mastersystem
Wii
Xbox 360
PS4
First games console or computer you got? on 21:02 - Nov 29 with 1913 viewstazdac

First games console or computer you got? on 20:31 - Nov 29 by Edmundo

A mate of mine, Brett, who I went to school with in Felixstowe had one of those Ataris. I saw it in the Computer History Centre in Cambridge the other day with the kids, and felt instantly 6 again.
First I had was the Spectrum +2. Not a great first purchase, as most mates had Amstrads by then, and the games weren't compatible.

Still got it in the attic, don’t think it works anymore :o)
First games console or computer you got? on 21:06 - Nov 29 with 1886 viewsSwansea_Blue

1. Binatone, for the classic pong (I think this was the first home console ever produced). I even had the gun.
2. ZX81 with the 16k ram pack. Count them, 16 whole k!
3. Vic 20. My first venture into colour. For some reason I was only allowed a black and white portable TV though.

>>>big gap for girls, drinking, fishing>>>

4. SNES
5. PS1, chipped of course
6. PS2
7. PS3
8. PS4
9. PS4 pro
10. PS5

A bit of a theme in later years.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

First games console or computer you got? on 21:13 - Nov 29 with 1858 viewsblueconscience

Atari 2600

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

First games console or computer you got? on 21:14 - Nov 29 with 1857 viewsblueconscience

First games console or computer you got? on 20:29 - Nov 29 by Keno

TWTD

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

First games console or computer you got? on 21:21 - Nov 29 with 1844 viewsblueconscience

I was the Sega boy, and a friend was the Nintendo boy.

I had the

- Master System,
- Mega Drive
- Game Gear
- Mega CD
- Saturn
- Dreamcast

He had the

- NES
- SNES
- N64

Used to buy the Sticker Albums and spend ages to enter the teams on Sensible Soccer, just to lose it and have to do it all again the next time
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 21:24]

First games console or computer you got? on 21:24 - Nov 29 with 1833 viewsbelgablue

ZX spectrum I think - the one that had to be connected to a tape deck, in the days before I was banned from playing computer games for life due to anger management issues.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

First games console or computer you got? on 21:25 - Nov 29 with 1828 viewssuffolkpoker

First games console or computer you got? on 20:44 - Nov 29 by Cheltenham_Blue

In this order.

Spectrum 48k
Commodore Amiga
Mega Drive
PS1
PS2
PS3
XBox360
Xbox one

Commondore 64
Amiga 600
Master system
Mega drive and SNES
Amiga 1200
PC
PS1
PS2
PS4
PS5 - my boys not mine :)

My fav machine was Amiga 1200 with hard drive, was like another world :)

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

First games console or computer you got? on 21:32 - Nov 29 with 1811 viewsIllinoisblue

ZX81. Then the 16k memory pack add-on. Then the Spectrum 48k with the rubber keyboard. Then the Spectrum that had the ‘real’ keyboard. Don’t recall what it was called. Spectrum Plus possibly?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

First games console or computer you got? on 21:34 - Nov 29 with 1802 viewsSwansea_Blue

First games console or computer you got? on 21:02 - Nov 29 by tazdac

yeah, I've got one in the attic with paddles and the gun. No idea if it works as it probably hasn't been out of the box for 40 yrs.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

First games console or computer you got? on 21:46 - Nov 29 with 1787 viewsCoastalblue

First games console or computer you got? on 21:02 - Nov 29 by tazdac

I had one of them, and then one of these

First computer was an Atari ST which I played Champ Man on, also loved Brutal Delux.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

First games console or computer you got? on 21:54 - Nov 29 with 1773 viewsbluelagos

Know we had a ZX Spectrum and a BBC micro thingy - not sure which came first. The local youth club had an Atari which was the dogs bollox for games.

Was a master at Pong (On the spectrum?) and then progressed to Asteroids on the Atari.

Edit: And at Uni (or Poly) all our programming was on mainframes. We used SPSS for the statistical analysis, Fortran 77 for the programming/modelling. Sure we also did some spreadsheets and database stuff too - can't recall what on. I know I did a load of Foxpro stuff in my first job from 92.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 21:57]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

First games console or computer you got? on 22:24 - Nov 29 with 1723 viewsstonojnr

we had like an Atari VCS/2600, but it wasnt an Atari, it was a clone of somekind, no idea what make, but you got the same style of tank/plane combat games and a space invaders but not proper space invaders.

friends of ours had everything from a ZX81, Dragon, Vic20, Apricot, but we got a Spectrum 16k as our first proper computer, which had literally only two games you could play on it, but you could load the Hobbit, and stare at the loading screen and then it would crash as it needed 48k memory to play.
First games console or computer you got? on 22:29 - Nov 29 with 1714 viewsWicklowBlue

Spectrum 16k, my dad started my IT career off coding red cross in basic from the manuals.

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/SCRtoImage.php?SCR=/conv_scr/r/RedCross.scr&
First games console or computer you got? on 22:42 - Nov 29 with 1689 viewsCoastalblue

First games console or computer you got? on 22:24 - Nov 29 by stonojnr

we had like an Atari VCS/2600, but it wasnt an Atari, it was a clone of somekind, no idea what make, but you got the same style of tank/plane combat games and a space invaders but not proper space invaders.

friends of ours had everything from a ZX81, Dragon, Vic20, Apricot, but we got a Spectrum 16k as our first proper computer, which had literally only two games you could play on it, but you could load the Hobbit, and stare at the loading screen and then it would crash as it needed 48k memory to play.

I always used to get really frustrated on my Atari ST, playing Championship Manager you could play for a few seasons, assemble a decent squad, start to challenge and then runn out of memory and that was it, done.

I spent an absolute fortune on what I think was 2MB of RAM to get a couple more seasons out of the game.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

First games console or computer you got? on 22:42 - Nov 29 with 1689 viewsCaptainAhab

Spectrum 128k +2
Super NES (best Christmas present I ever had)
PS1
PS2
Xbox 360
PS4
PS5
First games console or computer you got? on 22:46 - Nov 29 with 1681 viewsfactual_blue

Babbage's Difference Engine. Perfect for playing Doom.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024