Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gavin Johnson with a thunderbolt of a header 23:14 - Nov 30 with 1288 viewsStuartSlater

It's funny how certain goals live long in the memory... And this girl which took the FA cup up3 play with Liverpool into extra time certainly does that in my memory it's as follows. And aging John walk intercepts a pass and slidable along to steam written on the wing wigton whipped in a cross and there's Gavin Johnston at the far post with a thunderbolt of a header with grobbelaar stood motionless is it blasted passed him. We didn't win that game but it's certainly reignited my belief that just when you think the tractor boys are down they have that bit of magic in them

Poll: Craig Bellamy - Bell end or Misunderstood

Gavin Johnson with a thunderbolt of a header on 23:15 - Nov 30 with 1267 viewsgainsboroughblue

Pick that out.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Gavin Johnson with a thunderbolt of a header on 23:27 - Nov 30 with 1236 viewsAlanG296

For me one of the most memorable games ever, superb support, great atmosphere, great performance, a referee that we had never lost with him in charge but unfortunately he went off injured at half time, nobbled by the scousers I thought. A whipped in cross to someone rising high attacking the ball and planting a powerful header in the net was always one of my favourite types of goal to see.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2021 23:28]
Gavin Johnson with a thunderbolt of a header on 23:57 - Nov 30 with 1195 viewsBluespeed225

Molby taking a free kick ten yards in advance of the offence...
Gavin Johnson with a thunderbolt of a header on 08:20 - Dec 1 with 1041 viewshomer_123

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Gavin Johnson with a thunderbolt of a header on 09:05 - Dec 1 with 978 viewsChurchman

We went completely bananas. Totally deserved after a second half where we got better and better. A special moment.
Gavin Johnson with a thunderbolt of a header on 09:17 - Dec 1 with 956 viewschicoazul

Brilliant goal and still only Johnson’s second best headed goal.
Remember Grobelaar running the length of the pitch to protest about Dozzell too. Was that this game?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Gavin Johnson with a thunderbolt of a header on 10:29 - Dec 1 with 911 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

I honestly thought we were going on to win that night. When Dozy slid it home I thought it was done and dusted.

My heart was broken when Molby whipped that in.
Gavin Johnson with a thunderbolt of a header on 11:05 - Dec 1 with 873 viewsChurchman

Gavin Johnson with a thunderbolt of a header on 09:17 - Dec 1 by chicoazul

Brilliant goal and still only Johnson’s second best headed goal.
Remember Grobelaar running the length of the pitch to protest about Dozzell too. Was that this game?

It was. What he was on about, I’ve no idea.
Login to get fewer ads

Gavin Johnson with a thunderbolt of a header on 17:17 - Dec 1 with 750 viewsSawtrich

Oh, wow! One of the great nights, despite the defeat. The Town support was amazing that night, I'll never forget it.
Gavin Johnson with a thunderbolt of a header on 17:41 - Dec 1 with 731 viewsSwansea_Blue

I can't get a goal at Bury Town out of my head for some reason, but I can't remember if it was in 97/98 when we won there 1-0, or in 98/99 when we won 3-0. It was a sweeping move with us scoring at the far end. It only sticks out as the crowd (us) were amazing that day. Loads of balloons at ticker tape before, and the goal came after a growing crescendo of Burley's Barmy Army. It felt like we'd almost pushed the team up the pitch. Bizarrely memorable.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Gavin Johnson with a thunderbolt of a header on 18:19 - Dec 1 with 690 viewsVic

Wonderful memories.

But just to be pedantic - Grobbellar was really motionless was he!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Gavin Johnson with a thunderbolt of a header on 18:22 - Dec 1 with 685 viewsreusersfreekicks

Gavin Johnson with a thunderbolt of a header on 18:19 - Dec 1 by Vic

Wonderful memories.

But just to be pedantic - Grobbellar was really motionless was he!

To be pedantic he wasn't really motionless
Gavin Johnson with a thunderbolt of a header on 18:34 - Dec 1 with 669 viewsVic

Gavin Johnson with a thunderbolt of a header on 18:22 - Dec 1 by reusersfreekicks

To be pedantic he wasn't really motionless

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024