Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
December 18:16 - Dec 1 with 1798 viewsjayessess

5 league matches
Charlton (A)
Wigan (A)
Sunderland (H)
Gillingham (A)
Wycombe (H)

Usual questions. What points do you expect us to get, what points are the minimum to keep the wolf from the manager's door.

I expect we'll get 7 again (we'll beat Gillingham, win one of the home games, draw one of the other 3) and think the minimum is 8-9 and Cook will be gone by January.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

December on 18:20 - Dec 1 with 1762 viewspositivity

10 predicted
5 minimum for the itfc board
16 minimum for certain members of the twtd board!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

December on 18:20 - Dec 1 with 1762 viewsreusersfreekicks

Less than we expect/hope for even after serious expectation downgrade
December on 18:22 - Dec 1 with 1753 viewsjayessess

December on 18:20 - Dec 1 by positivity

10 predicted
5 minimum for the itfc board
16 minimum for certain members of the twtd board!

You reckon 1 win in 5, after a mediocre month, would still be fine for the board?

December on 18:23 - Dec 1 with 1747 viewspositivity

December on 18:22 - Dec 1 by jayessess

You reckon 1 win in 5, after a mediocre month, would still be fine for the board?

might be 5 draws.

i'm not convinced they want to sack him this season, i'm often wrong though!

December on 18:23 - Dec 1 with 1748 viewsIllinoisblue

It needs to be 10 minimum but we’ll probably fall short of that.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

December on 18:25 - Dec 1 with 1732 viewsjayessess

December on 18:23 - Dec 1 by positivity

might be 5 draws.

i'm not convinced they want to sack him this season, i'm often wrong though!

they definitely don't want to, but I think 12 points from 10 games mid-season would force their hand rather.

December on 18:26 - Dec 1 with 1731 viewsbelgablue

We have to go on a winning streak at some point right? I’ll allow for one blip so 13 points.*

In reality I predict 7.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

December on 18:30 - Dec 1 with 1710 viewsOsborneOneNil

Totally impossible to predict, that’s the issue we have with Town at the moment. There’s not a single game where you can feel 100% confident that we will win.

We could get 3 points, or 15.
Login to get fewer ads

December on 18:35 - Dec 1 with 1672 viewspositivity

December on 18:30 - Dec 1 by OsborneOneNil

Totally impossible to predict, that’s the issue we have with Town at the moment. There’s not a single game where you can feel 100% confident that we will win.

We could get 3 points, or 15.

has there ever been a town game where you've felt 100% confident that we'll win?

not since the '80s for me!

December on 18:37 - Dec 1 with 1661 viewsreusersfreekicks

December on 18:35 - Dec 1 by positivity

has there ever been a town game where you've felt 100% confident that we'll win?

have you reflected much on your user name?
December on 18:38 - Dec 1 with 1646 viewschrismakin

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

December on 18:40 - Dec 1 with 1639 viewsBeckets

Struggling to see more than 6 from those games. I think they’ll have to act at some time in December. If it gets toxic at any of the 3 Pack Out PR games I think that will be a factor.
December on 18:42 - Dec 1 with 1633 viewsSteve_M

Yeah, that logic seems about right given how the last few weeks has gone. A good start next Tuesday might help boost that points tally - but I thought the same after Wycombe.

It wouldn't be making up any significant ground on the teams above us.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

December on 18:46 - Dec 1 with 1612 viewspositivity

December on 18:37 - Dec 1 by reusersfreekicks

have you reflected much on your user name?

a pessimist is never disappointed!

December on 18:46 - Dec 1 with 1612 viewsFunge

Think we'll beat Gillingham, lose to Wigan and draw the other 3.

6 points would obviously be nowhere near enough; however, many of my fellow supporters seem perfectly happy to view this season as (yet another) transition season, so I suppose anything that maintains a safe distance from the relegation zone, will be viewed as a success.

Remarkable, really.

Expect more from your football team; I do.
December on 18:52 - Dec 1 with 1592 viewspositivity

at the start of the season, i look at where teams are likely to finish, and then have a par score for promotion/playoffs/relegation.

for these 5 games, a par score for promotion would be 6points, it's a tough run (just a shame we're so far down on the start of the season!)

December on 19:16 - Dec 1 with 1549 viewsLeoMuff

8 points
Draw, loss, win, win, draw.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

December on 19:26 - Dec 1 with 1520 viewsDavoIPB

Should be 4 wins out of 5 for that with only Wigan posing a serious threat to to us. However I expect it will be as follows:

DLDWL

So 5 points and slipping down the table.
December on 20:05 - Dec 1 with 1474 viewsOsborneOneNil

December on 18:35 - Dec 1 by positivity

That is a very good point.
December on 20:10 - Dec 1 with 1461 viewsHerbivore

We need 10 points really. I can see us possibly picking up 7 or 8 although it's hard to say, we are so inconsistent.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

December on 11:45 - Dec 30 with 1295 viewsjayessess

Well, I got the number of points (and matches) wrong, we got 5 rather than 7. Right that Cook would be gone by January, but certainly didn't think he'd already be out by the time Charlton swung around!

December on 12:02 - Dec 30 with 1215 viewsITFC_Forever

December on 11:45 - Dec 30 by jayessess

Well, I got the number of points (and matches) wrong, we got 5 rather than 7. Right that Cook would be gone by January, but certainly didn't think he'd already be out by the time Charlton swung around!

You would like to think we'd have beaten the Gills as well, but as they cried off, we'll never know, so it could easily have been 8 points.

We need to average 2 points a game from now to the end of the season to stand a realistic chance of getting in the POs....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

December on 13:11 - Dec 30 with 1131 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

December on 12:02 - Dec 30 by ITFC_Forever

You would like to think we'd have beaten the Gills as well, but as they cried off, we'll never know, so it could easily have been 8 points.

We need to average 2 points a game from now to the end of the season to stand a realistic chance of getting in the POs....

I agree with you and only a run of 8 or 9 straight wins will put us in the mix especially as there is so many teams with aspirations!
December on 13:25 - Dec 30 with 1090 viewsChurchman

December on 11:45 - Dec 30 by jayessess

I suspect that had we have played Gillingham we’d have got at least a point so your prediction was pretty accurate. Certainly better than mine.

When I look at the four games we did play, the points total looks very mid table, but given the situation and the fixtures, it was a bit better than that. Credit to McGreal, McK and the players for responding to the Charlton debacle and digging out a good win last night.

It’s a shame we are not playing Saturday, but on the upside it gives the manager a bit more time with the players.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2021 13:26]
December on 15:59 - Dec 30 with 979 viewsrgp1

December on 13:25 - Dec 30 by Churchman

I suspect that had we have played Gillingham we’d have got at least a point so your prediction was pretty accurate. Certainly better than mine.

When I look at the four games we did play, the points total looks very mid table, but given the situation and the fixtures, it was a bit better than that. Credit to McGreal, McK and the players for responding to the Charlton debacle and digging out a good win last night.

It’s a shame we are not playing Saturday, but on the upside it gives the manager a bit more time with the players.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2021 13:26]

The fact that we have played a couple more than some other clubs might work in our favour. Obviously as we all know we can field 2 separate elevens. Clubs with fixtures stacking up may face problems with smaller squads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024