Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
14 peaks on Netflix 22:16 - Dec 1 with 1243 viewsTractorWood

Absolutely awesome. Nims is beyond incredible. Kanchenjunga in one push with a hangover is unimaginable.

I don't think you have to be into climbing to enjoy it.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

14 peaks on Netflix on 22:22 - Dec 1 with 1212 viewsBarcaBlue

Saw it last night, unbelievable guy and his wife must have been in pieces for 14 months. Could have been an hour or more longer as it was a bit of a highlights show.
14 peaks on Netflix on 22:28 - Dec 1 with 1191 viewsTractorWood

14 peaks on Netflix on 22:22 - Dec 1 by BarcaBlue

Saw it last night, unbelievable guy and his wife must have been in pieces for 14 months. Could have been an hour or more longer as it was a bit of a highlights show.

Everest, Lhotse and Makalu in 48 hours is ridiculous. He basically dragged that k2 season from total failure too.

I also didn't realise he took that amazing picture of the queue on Everest where the Hilary step use to be.

14 peaks on Netflix on 22:33 - Dec 1 with 1174 viewsBarcaBlue

14 peaks on Netflix on 22:28 - Dec 1 by TractorWood

Everest, Lhotse and Makalu in 48 hours is ridiculous. He basically dragged that k2 season from total failure too.

I also didn't realise he took that amazing picture of the queue on Everest where the Hilary step use to be.

I didn't realize that either or that only only 3 out of 4 climbers that go up k2 manage to make it out alive.
14 peaks on Netflix on 22:47 - Dec 1 with 1150 viewsTractorWood

14 peaks on Netflix on 22:33 - Dec 1 by BarcaBlue

I didn't realize that either or that only only 3 out of 4 climbers that go up k2 manage to make it out alive.

The world's best climbers take years and years to climb k2 due to the fierce weather in the karakoram, unbelievable technical terrain, objective danger of the bottleneck, shoulder/serac and avalanche risk.

Ed Viesturs K2: Life and Death on the World's Most Dangerous Mountain is one of my favorite books. The detail of the Duke of Abruzzi's trips in the 1900's to the personal accounts of the 2008 disaster are so fascinating. The cover alone is ridiculous.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2021 22:48]

14 peaks on Netflix on 23:42 - Dec 1 with 1057 viewsjaykay

Kanchenjunga was the view from my hotel window when i was in india 2020

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

14 peaks on Netflix on 09:49 - Dec 2 with 935 viewsnshearman1

14 peaks on Netflix on 22:47 - Dec 1 by TractorWood

The world's best climbers take years and years to climb k2 due to the fierce weather in the karakoram, unbelievable technical terrain, objective danger of the bottleneck, shoulder/serac and avalanche risk.

Ed Viesturs K2: Life and Death on the World's Most Dangerous Mountain is one of my favorite books. The detail of the Duke of Abruzzi's trips in the 1900's to the personal accounts of the 2008 disaster are so fascinating. The cover alone is ridiculous.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2021 22:48]

K2 is always The Beast, the toughest mountain, I think. Could have done with route descriptions/GFX for a bit of context, it was inevitably a list narratively, but Nims is indeed extraordinary and someone needs to do a history of Nepalese mountaineering. I would also recommend Torn, just won the Grand Prize at Kendal, and my ex-colleague Chris Terrill's film about Alison Hargreaves' family, The Last Mountain, still on Iplayer.
14 peaks on Netflix on 10:26 - Dec 2 with 915 viewsSwansea_Blue

14 peaks on Netflix on 23:42 - Dec 1 by jaykay

Kanchenjunga was the view from my hotel window when i was in india 2020

Darjeeling?

I used to get goose bumps each time in saw the Himalayas again on each visit. They're just stunning, all the way along the range.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

14 peaks on Netflix on 10:41 - Dec 2 with 907 viewseastangliaisblue

Halfway through this, Nim and his team are absolute machines. How he climbed Kanchenjunga with a hangover is beyond me. I can barely get off the sofa when I'm hungover.

I've also just finished watching 100ft Wave on Sky Documentaries, which is also a great watch of the Human body and spirit being pushed to its limits.
Login to get fewer ads

14 peaks on Netflix on 10:46 - Dec 2 with 898 viewseastangliaisblue

14 peaks on Netflix on 10:26 - Dec 2 by Swansea_Blue

Darjeeling?

I used to get goose bumps each time in saw the Himalayas again on each visit. They're just stunning, all the way along the range.

I've been lucky enough to visit the Himalayas on both the Tibetan and Nepali sides. I've trekked the Annapurna circuit and been to Everest base camp. I long to go back there. The scenery is breathtaking and the people are beautiful.
14 peaks on Netflix on 12:18 - Dec 2 with 850 viewsjaykay

14 peaks on Netflix on 10:26 - Dec 2 by Swansea_Blue

Darjeeling?

correct. went there to see where my mother was born. also to kalimpong to visit the orphanage where she went to.
to keep in the spirit of twtd tried this himalaya cheese

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

14 peaks on Netflix on 20:28 - Dec 2 with 766 viewsTractorWood

14 peaks on Netflix on 10:41 - Dec 2 by eastangliaisblue

Halfway through this, Nim and his team are absolute machines. How he climbed Kanchenjunga with a hangover is beyond me. I can barely get off the sofa when I'm hungover.

I've also just finished watching 100ft Wave on Sky Documentaries, which is also a great watch of the Human body and spirit being pushed to its limits.

I loved 100ft wave. Niche but awesome.

14 peaks on Netflix on 21:30 - Dec 2 with 725 viewseastangliaisblue

14 peaks on Netflix on 20:28 - Dec 2 by TractorWood

I loved 100ft wave. Niche but awesome.

It's on my bucket list to see a world championship there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024