Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New fullbacks needed 23:07 - Dec 1 with 1596 viewskizaitfc

I dont think any of them are good enough.

They all looked weak against bunch of kids.

KVY and Penney are good going forwards but often no end product and defensively they are a shambles.

JD much better defensively but struggles getting forwards.

If Coulson isn't going to stay fit I'd be looking at signing two new fullbacks in Jan

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

New fullbacks needed on 11:12 - Dec 2 with 183 viewsStokieBlue

New fullbacks needed on 10:47 - Dec 2 by chrismakin

So Sb, what's your answer?

You clearly show you love of Celina, but you appear to want him to own the left and the 10 role as you state he's better than anyone..

When hes on the left, the drifting is needed for him to play at his best, which then left clements on his own as seen last week.. second half funnily enough we saw him stay wide and we all saw how this effected things negatively.

So really we want celina in the 10 role.

So that leaves the LW spot. who;s best for it?
Edwards for what exactly? the off the ball stuff, or the dribbles as we just aren't getting any product

fraser? lack of mobility...

so you say there are plenty of options, what are they that are actually positive options for that left side..

It's all well and good saying im talking sht. that;s fine. But in comparison, Penney has more goals and assists than Edwards. As you say, stats dont lie

This isn't FM2022.

Penney is a LB and if he's going to play (which he shouldn't) then he should play LB. Putting him LW with Burgess (a clear CB with no distribution) behind him is very odd to me.

Edwards, Celina, Aluko or Fraser should all be selected as LW ahead of Penney in just the same way that I would select Penney as a LB ahead of Edwards, Celina, Aluko or Fraser.

Do you ever think you spend too long thinking about this stuff?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

New fullbacks needed on 11:19 - Dec 2 with 171 viewschrismakin

New fullbacks needed on 11:12 - Dec 2 by StokieBlue

This isn't FM2022.

Penney is a LB and if he's going to play (which he shouldn't) then he should play LB. Putting him LW with Burgess (a clear CB with no distribution) behind him is very odd to me.

Edwards, Celina, Aluko or Fraser should all be selected as LW ahead of Penney in just the same way that I would select Penney as a LB ahead of Edwards, Celina, Aluko or Fraser.

Do you ever think you spend too long thinking about this stuff?

SB

Not at all. I think what possibly could work up until Jan to give us an edge that we are missing in that area of the pitch.

Imo playing fraser a CM on the left is worse than trying a LB in that position. But it's something we've seen not work over and over again.

BTW. I'd put coulson lb but he's fked and Clements isn't quite there yet.

Aluko as you known I love. But it wouldn't work on the left, he loves to come inside and he wouldn't be as balanced on that side.

So our options are Fraser.. hmm. Celina as discussed. Edwards...

So I think it's more than fair to think about an alternative.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024