Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We have our club back! 08:05 - Dec 2 with 638 viewssaffers12

What does that mean?

If we means we are soft and don't win many games...it never left us!
We've been sh!t since the 14/15 maybe 15/16 season on 08:44 - Dec 2 with 570 viewsunstableblue

And before that 08/09.

Its been very poor in between...

Mick gave us a real lift for a couple of season, and picking up a point from Phil yesterday, he was getting regular 7 or 8 out of ten performances from players such as Skuse, Berra and Murphy. Magilton had the same from the likes of Walters. Magilton was too much of a hot head, Mick's approach dated.

That is a lot of seasons in between of abject failure. Of being as you say soft in games. We haven't in my mind STOOD UP and grabbed a big Sky Game, or a ticket promotion game, or a 6 pointer in YEARS.

A combination of managers, CEOs, investment, players, but critically just a culture and mind set.

We've now had investment, we have a CEO (a guy with red flags on him), we have yet another manager, and a huge batch of new players.

But the mind set and player performance hasn't changed. Was 18 new players in one frenzied window too much change? The buck stops with the manager, and we're close to needing a change. In all these managers that have gone through the door, perhaps a Warburton or a Ross, could have been the one.

Knowing a Wigan Supporters Club leader he assured me Cook was the real deal, living and breathing football, talented, decent, a man of integrity. But in that interview last night he seemed lost, devoid of a solution to this continuous form issue. HOW DO WE REPEAT WYCOMBE, how do we make that the norm. Because that night Wycombe were strong, it was not a weak opposition result, it was a Town mind-set and energy/belief, making Cook's system work.

We need the players to turn up at the Valley, away at Wigan and in front of 27k at home to Sunderland.

We need Coulson, El Miz and Burns to come into the team to lift it. We need Bonne to re-find form.

If the manager can't instill that energy, that concentration, the right shape.. he should go. But I fear we're going to go round in circle yet again, and also het an Ashton appointment that doesn't galvanise.

We need to remain 7 points off by January 1st. Get 1 or 2 new players and go on a run. If we're further off. Then time for change.

Now where's that Sports Psychologist?

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

We have our club back! on 08:48 - Dec 2 with 559 viewsghostofescobar

It means Evans has gone, and that’s enough for me at the moment.

GhostOfEscobar

We've been sh!t since the 14/15 maybe 15/16 season on 08:51 - Dec 2 with 552 viewsGuthrum

We've been sh!t since the 14/15 maybe 15/16 season on 08:44 - Dec 2 by unstableblue

And before that 08/09.

Its been very poor in between...

Mick gave us a real lift for a couple of season, and picking up a point from Phil yesterday, he was getting regular 7 or 8 out of ten performances from players such as Skuse, Berra and Murphy. Magilton had the same from the likes of Walters. Magilton was too much of a hot head, Mick's approach dated.

That is a lot of seasons in between of abject failure. Of being as you say soft in games. We haven't in my mind STOOD UP and grabbed a big Sky Game, or a ticket promotion game, or a 6 pointer in YEARS.

A combination of managers, CEOs, investment, players, but critically just a culture and mind set.

We've now had investment, we have a CEO (a guy with red flags on him), we have yet another manager, and a huge batch of new players.

But the mind set and player performance hasn't changed. Was 18 new players in one frenzied window too much change? The buck stops with the manager, and we're close to needing a change. In all these managers that have gone through the door, perhaps a Warburton or a Ross, could have been the one.

Knowing a Wigan Supporters Club leader he assured me Cook was the real deal, living and breathing football, talented, decent, a man of integrity. But in that interview last night he seemed lost, devoid of a solution to this continuous form issue. HOW DO WE REPEAT WYCOMBE, how do we make that the norm. Because that night Wycombe were strong, it was not a weak opposition result, it was a Town mind-set and energy/belief, making Cook's system work.

We need the players to turn up at the Valley, away at Wigan and in front of 27k at home to Sunderland.

We need Coulson, El Miz and Burns to come into the team to lift it. We need Bonne to re-find form.

If the manager can't instill that energy, that concentration, the right shape.. he should go. But I fear we're going to go round in circle yet again, and also het an Ashton appointment that doesn't galvanise.

We need to remain 7 points off by January 1st. Get 1 or 2 new players and go on a run. If we're further off. Then time for change.

Now where's that Sports Psychologist?

Perhaps we need Burgess at LB as well?

Burns being out injured is definitely a problem. We miss his energy and aggression with the ball. That's not a dig at Aluko, who has also done well, just think Burns adds a little extra something (plus he scores goals).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

We have our club back! on 08:53 - Dec 2 with 541 viewsHerbivore

It's usually short hand for saying that I'm happy even though we're crap and am prepared to ignore our actual performances and results in order to insist everything is great. That's the cynical take anyway.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We have our club back! on 09:04 - Dec 2 with 514 viewsBlueySwede

I am getting so fed up with the constant moaning...
What "club back" to me means that there is finally a bit of investment, belief and commitment behind the scenes.
To think it will be all plain sailing in seven months, when our beloved club had been in decline for so long is just baffling.
Yes, I would have hoped (and expected) that we would do better than 10th in the beginning of December, but there is still a long way to go. I expect som fine tuning of the squad in January as well, so let´s see where it all takes us. We´re not even close to the "finished" article yet. Cook knows it. The owners knows it.
Maybe we can do a Blackpool?
Finally, I don´t care one bit about the pizza cup...Let´s get our league form going. COYB!
We have our club back! on 09:12 - Dec 2 with 484 viewsChurchman

We have our club back! on 08:48 - Dec 2 by ghostofescobar

It means Evans has gone, and that’s enough for me at the moment.

Agree with that. Crucial.

Maybe we will come out and batter Wigan and Charlton and away we go. But I’m not holding my breath. Scrape a point from one of the games? Possibly, but I’m not holding my breath. Oh I reckon we will get a goal or two and probably go in front in at least one of the games. But what happens next is as predictable as a Boris Johnson porky this week or next.

The players don’t have it in them. Talented for L1 they may be, but you need a bit more than that to be a real, proper team that can do it week in week out. Can anyone imagine us coming back like Portsmouth have done in the past six weeks? I hope I’m wrong but I just can’t see it. The club is still appears to be infested with a soft, unprofessional, losers mentality.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2021 9:14]
We have our club back! on 09:48 - Dec 2 with 446 viewsRegencyBlue

It means we can start to recover from Evans disastrous reign!

It does amuse me how many of our fans are demanding instant success under the new regime after just eight months but were happy to sit idly by for fourteen years whilst Evans destroyed the club!
We have our club back! on 09:55 - Dec 2 with 439 viewsHerbivore

We have our club back! on 09:48 - Dec 2 by RegencyBlue

It does amuse me how many of our fans are demanding instant success under the new regime after just eight months but were happy to sit idly by for fourteen years whilst Evans destroyed the club!

Which fans? And nobody - other than Makin who is a special case - is questioning the new owners, they are questioning the manager.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

We have our club back! on 10:03 - Dec 2 with 422 viewsChurchman

We have our club back! on 09:48 - Dec 2 by RegencyBlue

It’s going to take a lot of years to recover from wrecking ball Evans. I hope the owners are in it for the long haul. If they are, we will have a good team here eventually in at least a league higher than this pitiful one.

When? No idea, though I doubt Cook will still be here. A passionate, decent man with a good lower league record, he just feels a poor fit for the club. I hope I’m wrong.
We have our club back! on 10:08 - Dec 2 with 415 viewsMach_foreignBlue

In our case it is Evans no longer destroying us and taking us lower and lower. He'll always be the biggest stain ever in the clubs history.
We have our club back! on 10:13 - Dec 2 with 402 viewssotd78

It means we chucked out all the previous squad who were mostly not up to it; and bought in a bunch of others- mostly also not playing at much higher levels than we had already had.
Now we are building a club from foundation to summit; it manifests itself in better back office activity, on stadium updates, on better comms, on nicer friendlier interaction; on initiatives like Pack Out PR; on a playing staff that clearly all want to achieve; on a coaching set up still being knitted together, on an ownership that have clear plans and aims and already have stated this might not happen this season. That's what we now have back.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024