Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I suspect the booster rollout may not be entirely succesful 09:56 - Dec 2 with 800 viewsZXBlue

Got a message saying I can now book.

Checked for appointments local to where I work. Only 4 options came up. Each of them 20 miles away in another city.

I checked near home. Only one option. A pharmacy 6 miles away. I booked that. Earliest appointment is 30 December. Having booked, a screen came up saying that if I did not have a vulnerable person's referral letter, or proof of being a healthcare worker then, if I had booked a booster, I would not be allowed to have it.

I assume that is a remnant from the previous regime, and that it will be fine but still... It will put many off.
I suspect the booster rollout may not be entirely succesful on 10:01 - Dec 2 with 748 viewsGeoffSentence

Now they have reduced the interval to 3 months there will be a surge in demand which it will be difficult for the current vaccination centres to cope with.

I was lucky, became eligible to book for a booster just before they changed the interval, so have it booked for next week

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I suspect the booster rollout may not be entirely succesful on 10:03 - Dec 2 with 734 viewsGuthrum

Patchy, perhaps. Where I am (Gloucestershire), got a text with appointments about a week ahead, in town. From what was said at the vcc centre, think they were doing the whole surgery as a batch. Had it a couple of weeks ago.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I suspect the booster rollout may not be entirely succesful on 10:31 - Dec 2 with 684 viewsBasuco

A GP on the radio said that deliveries were a bit hit and miss, they did not know how many doses of their order they would get until it turns up, same with the flu jab, if you do not get in early the slots go quickly.
I suspect the booster rollout may not be entirely succesful on 10:51 - Dec 2 with 659 viewsZXBlue

I suspect the booster rollout may not be entirely succesful on 10:31 - Dec 2 by Basuco

A GP on the radio said that deliveries were a bit hit and miss, they did not know how many doses of their order they would get until it turns up, same with the flu jab, if you do not get in early the slots go quickly.

My son still hasnt had his first. The vaccination day at school ran out 1/3 way through and nothing further has been set up.
I suspect the booster rollout may not be entirely succesful on 11:07 - Dec 2 with 632 viewsCaptainAhab

Look out for drop in centres near you. I was booked for end of December then found out my local health centre was doing first come first served yesterday and got it done there and then.
I suspect the booster rollout may not be entirely succesful on 11:23 - Dec 2 with 603 viewsghostofescobar

Earliest appointment I could get was 3 weeks away. Yesterday, decided to go to a walk in centre and was in and out in 30 mins.

GhostOfEscobar

I suspect the booster rollout may not be entirely succesful on 11:24 - Dec 2 with 600 viewsCaptainAhab

I suspect the booster rollout may not be entirely succesful on 11:07 - Dec 2 by CaptainAhab

Look out for drop in centres near you. I was booked for end of December then found out my local health centre was doing first come first served yesterday and got it done there and then.

www.nhs.uk/vaccine-walk-in
I suspect the booster rollout may not be entirely succesful on 11:38 - Dec 2 with 580 viewsLord_Lucan

I had a booster on Sunday and it was a piece of piss - and there were loads of walk ins at the same time

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

I suspect the booster rollout may not be entirely succesful on 11:50 - Dec 2 with 542 viewsRyorry

Keep checking - I got a cancellation for the next day at end of October in North Yorkshire, when the next one available at any centre within 20 miles was 10-24 days.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I suspect the booster rollout may not be entirely succesful on 11:58 - Dec 2 with 516 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Are you sure you read it right? I saw a screen mentioning a vulnerable person's referral letter or proof of being a healthcare worker, but ignored them as they weren't me. Think it was on the "this is what you need to bring" page.

Anyway, no problems here. Booked on Monday, jab Tuesday 11.15 (20 mins walk away), very efficient in/rest/out, achy arm and a bit lethargic yesterday, much better today.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024