Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why on earth is there any controversy about the Arsenal goal last night? 09:14 - Dec 3 with 944 viewsZXBlue

Don't get it.

De gea needs dropping as well. Not as if he was seriously hurt.
Why on earth is there any controversy about the Arsenal goal last night? on 09:16 - Dec 3 with 919 viewsStokieBlue

Nothing wrong with that goal at all.

Would be more controversy for me if it didn't stand and Arsenal certainly shouldn't have allowed them to score given they did nothing wrong.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Why on earth is there any controversy about the Arsenal goal last night? on 09:17 - Dec 3 with 918 viewshatch

I don’t get why the media aren’t talking about it in this light either. De Gea felt a nick so went down assuming it was an oppo player thinking he could win the foul.

Even if he was slightly hurt if you’re playing in that level of competition you make sure to keep facing play and give it your best attempt.

De Gea thought he could win a free kick and got stung for it. Rightly so. Should always be a goal unless he’d been absolutely clattered.
Why on earth is there any controversy about the Arsenal goal last night? on 09:19 - Dec 3 with 909 viewsStokieBlue

Why on earth is there any controversy about the Arsenal goal last night? on 09:17 - Dec 3 by hatch

I don’t get why the media aren’t talking about it in this light either. De Gea felt a nick so went down assuming it was an oppo player thinking he could win the foul.

Even if he was slightly hurt if you’re playing in that level of competition you make sure to keep facing play and give it your best attempt.

De Gea thought he could win a free kick and got stung for it. Rightly so. Should always be a goal unless he’d been absolutely clattered.

"De Gea thought he could win a free kick and got stung for it. Rightly so. Should always be a goal unless he’d been absolutely clattered."

He could never have won a freekick as it was his own player who caused the "injury".

SB

Why on earth is there any controversy about the Arsenal goal last night? on 09:20 - Dec 3 with 901 viewsZx1988

Why on earth is there any controversy about the Arsenal goal last night? on 09:17 - Dec 3 by hatch

He's felt contact, so he's had every right to go to ground.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Why on earth is there any controversy about the Arsenal goal last night? on 09:30 - Dec 3 with 864 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To be fair, I don't think there was any controversy.

Nearly every pundit etc that I have seen has agreed it a goal.

The pundits on the match were unanimous.

I think it's just a talking point because it's unusual.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Why on earth is there any controversy about the Arsenal goal last night? on 09:33 - Dec 3 with 842 viewsITFC_Forever

Why on earth is there any controversy about the Arsenal goal last night? on 09:19 - Dec 3 by StokieBlue

"De Gea thought he could win a free kick and got stung for it. Rightly so. Should always be a goal unless he’d been absolutely clattered."

He could never have won a freekick as it was his own player who caused the "injury".

SB

We all know that, but I don't think De Gea did at the time - it looks he made the assumption it was an opponent that stood on his achilles (which is painful to be fair) so made the most of it.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Why on earth is there any controversy about the Arsenal goal last night? on 09:37 - Dec 3 with 805 viewsBlueStreak

Why on earth is there any controversy about the Arsenal goal last night? on 09:19 - Dec 3 by StokieBlue

SB

Yeah there has never been a decision that has gone in favour of a keeper when no opposition player has ever touched him, right?!
Why on earth is there any controversy about the Arsenal goal last night? on 09:47 - Dec 3 with 762 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

It’s controversial because if De Gea was really injured then it’s sh*thouse for Arsenal to have taken the opportunity to score into the empty net. If however you think De Gea was milking it to either try and win a free kick (not realising it was Fred who trod on him) or to force a break in play and stop the danger then Arsenal were quite right to ignore it

Personally I lean towards the latter and that he got what he deserved, but not difficult to see why there’s controversy on it
[Post edited 3 Dec 2021 9:52]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Why on earth is there any controversy about the Arsenal goal last night? on 09:51 - Dec 3 with 750 viewshatch

Why on earth is there any controversy about the Arsenal goal last night? on 09:30 - Dec 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

To be fair, I don't think there was any controversy.

Nearly every pundit etc that I have seen has agreed it a goal.

The pundits on the match were unanimous.

I think it's just a talking point because it's unusual.

I think pundits are saying it should be a goal, yes, but no one has mentioned the fact that De Gea was clearly milking it on the assumption it was an Arsenal player that stamped on him.

De Gea should be more heavily criticised than the media are giving out at the moment in my opinion. It’s giving me as much joy as a player getting carded for diving and only helps to drive dramatics out of the game.
Why on earth is there any controversy about the Arsenal goal last night? on 09:52 - Dec 3 with 735 viewsStokieBlue

Why on earth is there any controversy about the Arsenal goal last night? on 09:37 - Dec 3 by BlueStreak

Yeah there has never been a decision that has gone in favour of a keeper when no opposition player has ever touched him, right?!

I think it happens less than it used to don't you?

Still overprotected of course but the ref was never giving a foul there.

SB

Why on earth is there any controversy about the Arsenal goal last night? on 10:00 - Dec 3 with 685 viewsWickets

Yup simple no foul so its a goal !
Why on earth is there any controversy about the Arsenal goal last night? on 10:31 - Dec 3 with 590 viewsGarv

Why on earth is there any controversy about the Arsenal goal last night? on 09:51 - Dec 3 by hatch

I think pundits are saying it should be a goal, yes, but no one has mentioned the fact that De Gea was clearly milking it on the assumption it was an Arsenal player that stamped on him.

De Gea should be more heavily criticised than the media are giving out at the moment in my opinion. It’s giving me as much joy as a player getting carded for diving and only helps to drive dramatics out of the game.

Shearer was quite good in saying how he should have and arguably could have (considering he was fine a couple of minutes later) stayed up and stopped the goal going in.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Why on earth is there any controversy about the Arsenal goal last night? on 10:45 - Dec 3 with 544 viewshatch

Why on earth is there any controversy about the Arsenal goal last night? on 10:31 - Dec 3 by Garv

Shearer was quite good in saying how he should have and arguably could have (considering he was fine a couple of minutes later) stayed up and stopped the goal going in.

Ahh I didn’t catch MOTD, was watching Prime reaction but that’s good to hear.
Why on earth is there any controversy about the Arsenal goal last night? on 12:27 - Dec 3 with 440 viewsGarv

Why on earth is there any controversy about the Arsenal goal last night? on 10:45 - Dec 3 by hatch

Ahh I didn’t catch MOTD, was watching Prime reaction but that’s good to hear.

He was actually in the studio for the game. Prime's coverage is quite good, Evra, Shearer and Henry was the line up for United Arsenal.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024