Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brett Johnson announcement on LinkedIn 11:51 - Dec 3 with 878 viewsbackinbeige

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/brett-m-johnson-70b148_tim-riester-appointed-as-n

It's been my greatest professional honor to be a Founder, Co-Chairman and Alternate Governor of Phoenix Rising Football Club. I could not be more excited to pass the baton to Tim Riester, as I now shift my attention to the launch of professional soccer in Rhode Island through Fortuitous Partners at Tidewater Landing. It's never been a more compelling time to be involved with professional soccer and I'm thrilled for whatever I'm able to contribute to United Soccer League (USL), as it transforms communities throughout the United States.

It looks like Brett is stepping back from the more established Phoenix Rising and taking a bigger role at the smaller Rhode Island club, but I'm not sure if that means he's switching companies (i.e. leaving the fund he works for who now own ITFC). I suspect not.

Either way, it looks like Brett now has to grow two football clubs! Rhode Island and...
[Post edited 3 Dec 2021 12:01]

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

Brett Johnson announcement on LinkedIn on 13:00 - Dec 3 with 705 viewsGuthrum

My reading of it is that Phoenix are now established, while the Pawtucket FC project needs his leadership to push on (get the ground built, team set up, etc.). It's something which has been ongoing - and Johnson has been fronting - for several years, way before the ITFC deal was done.

It may even be down to rules on being a director of more than one club (within a country) at the same time.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024