Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drama queens 12:00 - Dec 3 with 4234 viewsSitfcB

The new numbskulls?

Go on Cookie!!

“I think no different from all supporters, you’ll always get good supporters, in my opinion, who have genuine conversations about the club, you’ll always get people in the modern world now through social media who are just drama queens, if you like. They’re just drama queens in my world.”

Cook: Our Club's Fortunes Are Not Going to Be Changed With a Magic Wand 3rd Dec 2021 11:54
Boss Paul Cook says the Blues’ fortunes are not going to be changed with a magic wand, but on “habits, culture, work ethic and recruitment” which will eventually result in a strong Ipswich Town. 21

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Drama queens on 12:01 - Dec 3 with 2406 viewsParky

He’s absolutely spot on in that interview.
Drama queens on 12:02 - Dec 3 with 2389 viewschrismakin

Ah we are that point now.

The final weeks. .

This is how the mick fk you situation started.

He has done himself no favours at all now. Those drama queens pay his wages.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2021 12:07]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Drama queens on 12:02 - Dec 3 with 2390 viewsMattinLondon

You’re a numbskull because you don’t agree with me. No, you’re a happy clapper for not agreeing with me..no I’m not..yes you are….blah blah blah.

Pathetic.
Drama queens on 12:05 - Dec 3 with 2360 viewsDubtractor

Having a dig at your own supporters, justified or not, will never ever end well.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Drama queens on 12:06 - Dec 3 with 2352 viewsIllinoisblue

Drama queens on 12:01 - Dec 3 by Parky

He’s absolutely spot on in that interview.

He is, up to a point. But he keeps talking about “culture and work ethic” as if that’s the answer to our woes. Surely it’s more about tactics and game management.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Drama queens on 12:07 - Dec 3 with 2316 viewsBseaBlue

Drama queens on 12:06 - Dec 3 by Illinoisblue

He is, up to a point. But he keeps talking about “culture and work ethic” as if that’s the answer to our woes. Surely it’s more about tactics and game management.

It is purely a deflection tactic because he is under pressure. Lambert was like this when he was reaching the end as well.
Drama queens on 12:09 - Dec 3 with 2284 viewsitfcsuth

I don't think he is wrong to be fair.
Drama queens on 12:11 - Dec 3 with 2271 viewsDarth_Koont

Drama queens on 12:02 - Dec 3 by chrismakin

The final weeks. .

Well done for absolutely proving his point.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Drama queens on 12:12 - Dec 3 with 2265 viewschrismakin

Drama queens on 12:09 - Dec 3 by itfcsuth

Right or wrong. It's a dangerous game to play when we saw what happened with MM when he said it

He's left himself nowhere to go now. He has to turn the tide and quickly. Otherwise that relationship with the drama queen's will only get worse.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Drama queens on 12:14 - Dec 3 with 2246 viewsParky

Drama queens on 12:07 - Dec 3 by BseaBlue

It is purely a deflection tactic because he is under pressure. Lambert was like this when he was reaching the end as well.

Not sure I agree. If you listen to the fans forums and other interviews with Mark Ashton, he constantly beats that drum too.

At times, I don’t think some people understand the amount of change that has happened at our club in such a short space of time. (Not aimed specifically at you).
Drama queens on 12:15 - Dec 3 with 2239 viewsDarth_Koont

Drama queens on 12:12 - Dec 3 by chrismakin

Right or wrong. It's a dangerous game to play when we saw what happened with MM when he said it

He's left himself nowhere to go now. He has to turn the tide and quickly. Otherwise that relationship with the drama queen's will only get worse.

One thing I’ve learnt after witnessing Ipswich in the era of the Internet and social media is that those drama queens never go away. Almost no matter what happens on the pitch.

They’re just part and parcel of the game now. And all you can do is ignore them/take the p/ss.

Drama queens on 12:16 - Dec 3 with 2224 viewschrismakin

Drama queens on 12:11 - Dec 3 by Darth_Koont

Well done for absolutely proving his point.

He's just committed managerial suicide Darth. Not my fault.

Drama queens on 12:19 - Dec 3 with 2201 viewsSitfcB

Drama queens on 12:09 - Dec 3 by itfcsuth

Indeed.

COYB

Drama queens on 12:20 - Dec 3 with 2196 viewsSitfcB

Drama queens on 12:12 - Dec 3 by chrismakin

Trouble is, same with Mick, it’s only a small minority but they’re always the loudest.

COYB

Drama queens on 12:21 - Dec 3 with 2186 viewsJon_456

Drama queens on 12:02 - Dec 3 by chrismakin

The final weeks. .

Exhibit A.
Drama queens on 12:22 - Dec 3 with 2174 viewsDarth_Koont

Drama queens on 12:16 - Dec 3 by chrismakin

Haha!

You silly billy.

Drama queens on 12:25 - Dec 3 with 2150 viewsSouperJim

Drama queens on 12:16 - Dec 3 by chrismakin

I think his interview is massively indicative of where we're at. Stating the obvious, but if all was well, he wouldn't be making those comments. He's right of course, but whether or not it's a good idea to come out and say it is another matter.

They way I look at it, Cook has started the war for our support. We're not where we want to be, so he needs time to try and improve us. In order to do that, he needs to get the hardcore support behind him and drown out his detractors. It's divisive of course, but the war is coming whether he wants it or not, so better to fire the first salvo.

December is huge. If we pick up enough points to climb the table, he'll buy himself the time he wants from the fans. If we don't, he's quickly going to lose the war.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Drama queens on 12:27 - Dec 3 with 2132 viewschrismakin

Drama queens on 12:22 - Dec 3 by Darth_Koont

Haha!

You silly billy.

Genuine question Darth. Do you think it's sensible to name tag those who aren't supportive of what he's achieving?

We know he's right. But it's not something that needs to be said by a manager imo.

Drama queens on 12:28 - Dec 3 with 2123 viewsclive_baker

It's always easier to make such remarks from a base of success, there's more credability.

When you're coming out with calling supporters drama queens because they're understandably showing some concerns that we're 11th in the league and miles off the top sides, then it looks a bit...desperate and misplaced IMO.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Drama queens on 12:29 - Dec 3 with 2086 viewschrismakin

Drama queens on 12:25 - Dec 3 by SouperJim

I think his interview is massively indicative of where we're at. Stating the obvious, but if all was well, he wouldn't be making those comments. He's right of course, but whether or not it's a good idea to come out and say it is another matter.

They way I look at it, Cook has started the war for our support. We're not where we want to be, so he needs time to try and improve us. In order to do that, he needs to get the hardcore support behind him and drown out his detractors. It's divisive of course, but the war is coming whether he wants it or not, so better to fire the first salvo.

December is huge. If we pick up enough points to climb the table, he'll buy himself the time he wants from the fans. If we don't, he's quickly going to lose the war.

Quite an interesting time to do it coming upto packPR where the new attendees you'd imagine are the ones who have stayed away due to the pain of recent failures.... not sure they'll sit quietly if those games don't pan out how we want them too.

Drama queens on 12:30 - Dec 3 with 2073 viewsDanTheMan

Drama queens on 12:28 - Dec 3 by clive_baker

It's always easier to make such remarks from a base of success, there's more credability.

When you're coming out with calling supporters drama queens because they're understandably showing some concerns that we're 11th in the league and miles off the top sides, then it looks a bit...desperate and misplaced IMO.

Agreed, the criticism is obviously getting to him.

Also disagree when he says we've had one bad performance.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Drama queens on 12:37 - Dec 3 with 2003 viewsDarth_Koont

Drama queens on 12:27 - Dec 3 by chrismakin

Genuine question Darth. Do you think it's sensible to name tag those who aren't supportive of what he's achieving?

We know he's right. But it's not something that needs to be said by a manager imo.

I think it’s sensible and right to call out drama queens wherever they are. They’re social and footballing vampires.

Drama queens on 12:45 - Dec 3 with 1956 viewssflurrie

In my most humble of opinions, I think that we should just remain supportive of Cook and the team regardless of results.

My reason for thinking this, is that whatever our opinions - the team at the helm are actually quite astute and also quite ruthless. I believe they will dispose of Cookie at exactly the point where they see their investment failing; and might even be set - and known by all parties including Cook?

Cook obviously not where he wants to be. Nor am I, nor are my friends and family!
But evidence of capability is best judged by looking at past performance - and that of Cook and his players is impressive.

I'll be disappointed if they release him this season, but think they be attempting to make the right decision for the club.
Drama queens on 12:50 - Dec 3 with 1910 viewsjeera

I've seen a post or three accusing posters of hating the manager for questioning whether he's the right man for Town.

Hating ffs.

I'd say that's dramatic.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Drama queens on 12:54 - Dec 3 with 1846 viewsfarkenhell

Drama queens on 12:05 - Dec 3 by Dubtractor

Having a dig at your own supporters, justified or not, will never ever end well.

I know what you're saying. But for balance, Robson had a dig at the supporters more than once (famously called us a bunch of zombies on one occasion). It didn't end too badly for him.

Football is largely a game of opinions and if you want to be billy bollox by dishing it out, then you shouldn't object if you get some back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024