Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit 17:29 - Dec 3 with 3278 viewsMullet

There couldn’t have been more goodwill, more hope or more expectation that the bad actors in the club had been cleansed and this shiny new American juggernaut of a club was off to run over Div 3. I actually think apathy not toxicity is the main problem.

Quite rightly, Cook has not suffered the degradation or abuse much greater managers have, there’s a worrying acceptance about everything now isn’t there?

Is losing to a kids team (which we’ve done twice this season) something to worry about? Are they even lower than non league? For me, it’s no big deal but I understand those who wanted a Wembley trip.

It’s the idea of patience as some virtue belonging to those most blind to how bad we’ve performed with two squads and no sense the gamble has paid off that baffles me. As if constantly lowering expectations and building up excuses insulates them and Cook from the fact this is another week where we are left wondering if not when.

I just hope tomorrow we allow Barrow to be a punching bag for all the frustrations, but after we did that to Doncaster…. Something has to change surely?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 17:33 - Dec 3 with 2208 viewsFixed_It

I'm at the bar, Mullers. What can I get you young man?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 17:43 - Dec 3 with 2167 viewsMullet

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 17:33 - Dec 3 by Fixed_It

I've just dealt with a massive baby poo which was stepped in, so just pure alcohol and a rest please!

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 17:47 - Dec 3 with 2148 viewsjeera

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 17:33 - Dec 3 by Fixed_It

He'll have a bottle of Pepsi with a straw and like it.

What's more he'll wait in the car since the games room has long been turned into a dining area.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 17:49 - Dec 3 with 2136 viewsMullet

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 17:47 - Dec 3 by jeera

What's more he'll wait in the car since the games room has long been turned into a dining area.

I'm in my 30's old boy. I'd even get the sherries in for you two if you behave.

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 18:00 - Dec 3 with 2094 viewsjeera

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 17:49 - Dec 3 by Mullet

I'm in my 30's old boy. I'd even get the sherries in for you two if you behave.

Not touched that stuff since I used to dig it out from the back of the drinks cabinet when I was a kid when no one was around.

Always had a funny smell those cabinets, to a kid anyway.

Alien but inviting, mainly because it was out-of-bounds I suppose.

That and the eggnog. Loved that stuff but it was hard to disguise so you had to be careful how much you nicked at any one time.

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 18:02 - Dec 3 with 2076 viewscbower

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 17:43 - Dec 3 by Mullet

I've just dealt with a massive baby poo which was stepped in, so just pure alcohol and a rest please!

Ah the joys of fatherhood. Cottage cheese style vomit in my chest wig and pubes is a memory I have yet to erase more than 18 years after the event. Enjoy Mullers. Puts the 'importance" of its related stuff where it should be. A frustrating and addictive past time and nothing more.

bluescouser

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 18:04 - Dec 3 with 2053 viewsMullet

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 18:00 - Dec 3 by jeera

Not touched that stuff since I used to dig it out from the back of the drinks cabinet when I was a kid when no one was around.

That and the eggnog. Loved that stuff but it was hard to disguise so you had to be careful how much you nicked at any one time.

I always assumed it was an age thing not a generational one.....I need to invite alcoholic Horlicks for you lot and I'd make a killing I reckon.

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 18:05 - Dec 3 with 2037 viewsMullet

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 18:02 - Dec 3 by cbower

Ah the joys of fatherhood. Cottage cheese style vomit in my chest wig and pubes is a memory I have yet to erase more than 18 years after the event. Enjoy Mullers. Puts the 'importance" of its related stuff where it should be. A frustrating and addictive past time and nothing more.

I have since blocked the bog with the paper and clean up operation. I might just lie on the sofa until Saturday arrives and not move!

Login to get fewer ads

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 18:05 - Dec 3 with 2031 viewsjeera

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 18:04 - Dec 3 by Mullet

I always assumed it was an age thing not a generational one.....I need to invite alcoholic Horlicks for you lot and I'd make a killing I reckon.

Another thing I've not touched since I was a kid.

Horrible stuff.

I still don't even know what it is!

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 18:09 - Dec 3 with 2011 viewsMullet

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 18:05 - Dec 3 by jeera

Another thing I've not touched since I was a kid.

Horrible stuff.

I still don't even know what it is!

I assumed it was one of those war time things where they put sawdust into hot chocolate to pack it out and make something new.

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 18:17 - Dec 3 with 1978 viewsDarth_Koont

I’ll be honest I never understood the expectation of promotion immediately. Hope and target, yes.

I also don’t understand what people are meant to be “accepting”. I’m hugely critical of the OTT criticism but I’m also quite clear that results and performances aren’t there yet and we need to improve.

Actually, I don’t see anyone accepting the current situation. It’s just that not everyone is throwing their toys out of the pram.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2021 18:18]

Pronouns: He/Him

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 18:29 - Dec 3 with 1899 viewsKeaneish

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 17:47 - Dec 3 by jeera

…and you wonder why there are confrontations and heated discussions coming from me when your mate Mullet writes this? It’s jibes and the superiority complex like this which created divisions in the fan base back when the “greater” manager was in charge.

Interesting he’s using the Papa Johns defeats as a stick to beat Cook with, tenuously labelling them as “non-league” equivalents. If I remember rightly, our last defeat to a side actually of that level came In the FA cup we habitually baked out of under the ‘great’ man himself.

No need for facts when you need to carefully craft some rambling prose!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 18:33 - Dec 3 with 1873 viewsMullet

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 18:17 - Dec 3 by Darth_Koont

I’ll be honest I never understood the expectation of promotion immediately. Hope and target, yes.

I also don’t understand what people are meant to be “accepting”. I’m hugely critical of the OTT criticism but I’m also quite clear that results and performances aren’t there yet and we need to improve.

Actually, I don’t see anyone accepting the current situation. It’s just that not everyone is throwing their toys out of the pram.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2021 18:18]

You'll have to ask the owners. You'll have to examine the "done it elsewhere" line that is getting a good airing of late.

You don't retain someone with Cook's record, give him so much backing and money, and free rein in the market to not expect promotion. Where is this "OTT criticism" exactly? It seems that there's very little toy throwing until people suggest this hasn't been good enough, and continues not to be.

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 18:37 - Dec 3 with 1842 viewsjeera

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 18:29 - Dec 3 by Keaneish

…and you wonder why there are confrontations and heated discussions coming from me when your mate Mullet writes this? It’s jibes and the superiority complex like this which created divisions in the fan base back when the “greater” manager was in charge.

Interesting he’s using the Papa Johns defeats as a stick to beat Cook with, tenuously labelling them as “non-league” equivalents. If I remember rightly, our last defeat to a side actually of that level came In the FA cup we habitually baked out of under the ‘great’ man himself.

No need for facts when you need to carefully craft some rambling prose!

You've been dishing out plenty, quite relentless at times.

Bizarrely you've even managed to leap onto this as I'm making a light-hearted post with a friendly dig at him.

What are you trying to gain by bullying everyone you've decided to disagree with?

Just accept people have different views and cut the drama. It's crazy how you're blaming others for their behaviour when you're so intent on doing the same yourself.

You never join in with the daft stuff. Maybe you should from time to time, if only to remind yourself that fundamentally we're all on the same side.

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 18:42 - Dec 3 with 1815 viewsEwan_Oozami

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 18:48 - Dec 3 with 1793 viewsjeera

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 18:33 - Dec 3 by Mullet

You'll have to ask the owners. You'll have to examine the "done it elsewhere" line that is getting a good airing of late.

You don't retain someone with Cook's record, give him so much backing and money, and free rein in the market to not expect promotion. Where is this "OTT criticism" exactly? It seems that there's very little toy throwing until people suggest this hasn't been good enough, and continues not to be.

I have no choice but to agree with this post.

As much as I don't like doing it, it's pretty much how I see it too.

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 22:12 - Dec 3 with 1572 viewsMillsyVOR

Spot on
Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 22:31 - Dec 3 with 1527 viewsghostofescobar

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 18:33 - Dec 3 by Mullet

A lot of the noise on here has been, at least close, to being OTT. The owners made it crystal clear from the very beginning that they would very much like promotion this season, but if it doesn’t happen, they are in it for the long run. I think the owners (but unfortunately not enough fans) could see the almost terminal damage that Evans caused to this club. The club was rotten to the core, with parts being run at a semi professional standard. Personally, I wasn’t hugely hopeful that one transfer window would sort out all the ills crippling the club, many of which seep through to the matches. To be clear, I am not happy with where we are, but I am hopeful for the future. Under Evans there was no future.

GhostOfEscobar

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 22:59 - Dec 3 with 1481 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 18:37 - Dec 3 by jeera

You've been dishing out plenty, quite relentless at times.

Bizarrely you've even managed to leap onto this as I'm making a light-hearted post with a friendly dig at him.

What are you trying to gain by bullying everyone you've decided to disagree with?

Just accept people have different views and cut the drama. It's crazy how you're blaming others for their behaviour when you're so intent on doing the same yourself.

You never join in with the daft stuff. Maybe you should from time to time, if only to remind yourself that fundamentally we're all on the same side.

Amazing that you describe Keanish as bullying and yet don't see the divisiveness in an OP written to deliberately have a pop at people with a differing view.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 07:47 - Dec 4 with 1323 viewsHerbivore

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 22:31 - Dec 3 by ghostofescobar

A lot of the noise on here has been, at least close, to being OTT. The owners made it crystal clear from the very beginning that they would very much like promotion this season, but if it doesn’t happen, they are in it for the long run. I think the owners (but unfortunately not enough fans) could see the almost terminal damage that Evans caused to this club. The club was rotten to the core, with parts being run at a semi professional standard. Personally, I wasn’t hugely hopeful that one transfer window would sort out all the ills crippling the club, many of which seep through to the matches. To be clear, I am not happy with where we are, but I am hopeful for the future. Under Evans there was no future.

Nobody has ever questioned whether the owners are in it for the long term, however if Cook doesn't get us even seriously competing for promotion he won't last long here. The long term project is about getting us into the Prem, not getting us out of the third division.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 08:19 - Dec 4 with 1276 viewsMullet

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 18:48 - Dec 3 by jeera

I have no choice but to agree with this post.

As much as I don't like doing it, it's pretty much how I see it too.

There’s a vast difference between recognition of the truth and liking it innit.

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 08:26 - Dec 4 with 1235 viewsChurchman

The drinks cabinet always had a dusty bottle of Harvey’s Bristol Cream, Dry Martini, Stones Ginger Wine, Advocaat (for my grandma) and one of those measly half bottles of Bells. It was a meagre drinks cupboard, the contents so grisly that after the first try I didn't bother with it again.

It smelt of musty 1960s furniture, dust and crusty alcohol from the tops of the bottles.
Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 08:26 - Dec 4 with 1235 viewsMullet

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 22:31 - Dec 3 by ghostofescobar

The problem is twofold there.

Evans was a terrible owner and our real collapse happened because people blamed Mick over Evans. Since then those most ardent critics have supported every dud managerial appointment to the death. Cook is also a remnant if Evans don’t forget.

Undoubtedly the new owners gave tidied up many messes and areas of neglect, but they’ve also given Cook not only the chance, but the trust and backing way beyond most would get, even if they had appointed him at other clubs.

Yet here we sit, way adrift and again the players are being thrown under the bus and now the fans too. No one would begrudge a failed promotion challenge, but we’ve been nowhere near that. That’s not on the owners. Pretending that there’s some sort of overhang from Evans that’s hampered Cook is just baffling, when the weight of evidence is all contrary to that.

He must start performing and people need to stop pretending scraping 6th was some sort of target all along. It’s delusional and dishonest. Recognising it’s our last chance already isn’t the same as accepting or embracing it as good enough.

No owner would undermine that publicly when it’s our only route left.

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 08:40 - Dec 4 with 1181 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I am by no means Cook out but definitely have concerns about his inflexibility which would likely continue into next season if not addressed.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 08:51 - Dec 4 with 1159 viewsjeera

Bit rum on here and across the fan base innit on 08:40 - Dec 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

I am by no means Cook out but definitely have concerns about his inflexibility which would likely continue into next season if not addressed.

Not hard is it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024