Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this trolling from Watson? 19:02 - Dec 3 with 5066 viewsSteve_M

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/paul-cook-itfc-quotes-revisited-853621

Have a good weekend all and here’s to a straightforward win tomorrow.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Is this trolling from Watson? on 19:15 - Dec 3 with 3692 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s good to know that 9 months later he can use the exact same quote:

From March:

Mentally we are not as strong as we should be. You always feel at the minute that there might be something in us that can go wrong the wrong way.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is this trolling from Watson? on 20:24 - Dec 3 with 3383 viewsEwan_Oozami

Oof! That's a serious marker from Watson there....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Is this trolling from Watson? on 21:50 - Dec 3 with 3059 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Is this trolling from Watson? on 20:24 - Dec 3 by Ewan_Oozami

Oof! That's a serious marker from Watson there....

Can't really criticise him for simply using Cook's own words. They are hardly taken out of context and not overly selective.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Is this trolling from Watson? on 22:28 - Dec 3 with 2902 viewsDubtractor

Is this trolling from Watson? on 19:15 - Dec 3 by Illinoisblue

From March:

Mentally we are not as strong as we should be. You always feel at the minute that there might be something in us that can go wrong the wrong way.

I like this one, a few weeks before he announced he was going to dump the whole squad and bring in a new one.

“Over two years we've probably seen a real big turnaround in players, probably too many coming in and out the club in too quick a time."

I am also reminded just how bad the end of last season was.

0-3 vs Northampton
0-3 vs Wimbledon
1-3 vs Gillingham

FFS

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Is this trolling from Watson? on 22:32 - Dec 3 with 2871 viewsIllinoisblue

Is this trolling from Watson? on 22:28 - Dec 3 by Dubtractor

I like this one, a few weeks before he announced he was going to dump the whole squad and bring in a new one.

“Over two years we've probably seen a real big turnaround in players, probably too many coming in and out the club in too quick a time."

0-3 vs Northampton
0-3 vs Wimbledon
1-3 vs Gillingham

FFS

Proper bad, wasn’t it? Like really really bad. I think I tuned it all out around the time of the 0-0 at Rochdale. Ipswich-based therapists will have a field day in years to come as we all come to terms with the trauma we’ve seen.

62 - 78 - 81

Is this trolling from Watson? on 22:42 - Dec 3 with 2832 viewsKeaneish

Is this trolling from Watson? on 22:28 - Dec 3 by Dubtractor

0-3 vs Northampton
0-3 vs Wimbledon
1-3 vs Gillingham

FFS

Don’t see an issue with that quote or sentiment given the state of things at the time. As long as the squad he has in place doesn’t have a load more changes made to in Jan then no issue.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Is this trolling from Watson? on 22:50 - Dec 3 with 2752 viewschrismakin

Is this trolling from Watson? on 22:42 - Dec 3 by Keaneish

Don’t see an issue with that quote or sentiment given the state of things at the time. As long as the squad he has in place doesn’t have a load more changes made to in Jan then no issue.

You do know that's exactly what will happen if PC is here in Jan. He's already said they will need to make use of the Jan window.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Is this trolling from Watson? on 22:51 - Dec 3 with 2750 viewsHerbivore

Amazing.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Is this trolling from Watson? on 22:53 - Dec 3 with 2733 views_sanctimoanious_

Is this trolling from Watson? on 22:50 - Dec 3 by chrismakin

You do know that's exactly what will happen if PC is here in Jan. He's already said they will need to make use of the Jan window.

so?
Is this trolling from Watson? on 22:55 - Dec 3 with 2713 viewschrismakin

Is this trolling from Watson? on 22:53 - Dec 3 by _sanctimoanious_

so?

So what?

Keanish said its OK as long as there wasn't lots of changes to the squad in Jan.

There will be.

So..... is it not OK?

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Is this trolling from Watson? on 22:57 - Dec 3 with 2708 viewsKeaneish

Is this trolling from Watson? on 22:55 - Dec 3 by chrismakin

So what?

Keanish said its OK as long as there wasn't lots of changes to the squad in Jan.

There will be.

So..... is it not OK?

“Lots” being the operative word. No issues with a couple coming in and a few going out. No point Nolan or Barrie being here and we may as well swap Coulson out. Other than the obvious who are in the window, I’m hoping we keep it lean.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Is this trolling from Watson? on 22:59 - Dec 3 with 2692 views_sanctimoanious_

Is this trolling from Watson? on 22:55 - Dec 3 by chrismakin

So what?

There will be.

So..... is it not OK?

it won't have a load more but there are clearly areas that need addressing. We had a squad overhaul in the summer but that doesn't mean things won't need shuffling moving forward. I genuinely don't have an issue with it. I think the club is progressing in the right direction, just not as fast as we all would like.

Fans flouncing and sniping at every little thing is just daft after 9 month imo. Certain board legends forcing an agenda is a bit irksome too but what can you do.
Is this trolling from Watson? on 23:04 - Dec 3 with 2657 viewschrismakin

Is this trolling from Watson? on 22:57 - Dec 3 by Keaneish

“Lots” being the operative word. No issues with a couple coming in and a few going out. No point Nolan or Barrie being here and we may as well swap Coulson out. Other than the obvious who are in the window, I’m hoping we keep it lean.

Think you'll be surprised by the number tbh it won't be a couple.

He shopped a fair bit at pompy and Wigan.

Is this trolling from Watson? on 23:08 - Dec 3 with 2637 viewschrismakin

Is this trolling from Watson? on 22:59 - Dec 3 by _sanctimoanious_

it won't have a load more but there are clearly areas that need addressing. We had a squad overhaul in the summer but that doesn't mean things won't need shuffling moving forward. I genuinely don't have an issue with it. I think the club is progressing in the right direction, just not as fast as we all would like.

Fans flouncing and sniping at every little thing is just daft after 9 month imo. Certain board legends forcing an agenda is a bit irksome too but what can you do.

Tbh. With 19 singings plus those who stayed plus our u23s. It shouldn't need a Jan window to get the squad working.
What if those players don't work either.. just buy more in the summer again?

There's no reason we should be struggling with the squad we have. But PCs lack of movement on team set up doesn't make use of it wisely.

Is this trolling from Watson? on 23:12 - Dec 3 with 2620 views_sanctimoanious_

Is this trolling from Watson? on 23:08 - Dec 3 by chrismakin

Tbh. With 19 singings plus those who stayed plus our u23s. It shouldn't need a Jan window to get the squad working.
What if those players don't work either.. just buy more in the summer again?

There's no reason we should be struggling with the squad we have. But PCs lack of movement on team set up doesn't make use of it wisely.

football doesn't always work that way. Never would all 19 signings work out for whatever reason. If he 'shopped a fair bit' at previous clubs, what's the issue? It worked.
Is this trolling from Watson? on 23:27 - Dec 3 with 2556 viewsDubtractor

For the avoidance of doubt I think the quote is funny/awkward rather than see it as a stick to beat him with.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Is this trolling from Watson? on 23:29 - Dec 3 with 2535 viewschrismakin

Is this trolling from Watson? on 23:12 - Dec 3 by _sanctimoanious_

football doesn't always work that way. Never would all 19 signings work out for whatever reason. If he 'shopped a fair bit' at previous clubs, what's the issue? It worked.

What's the issue. I dunno ask PC. He said the club had to many players coming in and going out.

Is this trolling from Watson? on 23:38 - Dec 3 with 2506 views_sanctimoanious_

Is this trolling from Watson? on 23:29 - Dec 3 by chrismakin

What's the issue. I dunno ask PC. He said the club had to many players coming in and going out.

it did - last window1? that was unprecedented. Now you shuffle the pack a little.
Is this trolling from Watson? on 23:47 - Dec 3 with 2462 viewschrismakin

Is this trolling from Watson? on 23:38 - Dec 3 by _sanctimoanious_

it did - last window1? that was unprecedented. Now you shuffle the pack a little.

He was talking about the previous 2 years. And then went on to do what he felt was wrong for the club originally.. so any more signings in Jan just continues the contradiction.

Is this trolling from Watson? on 23:47 - Dec 3 with 2465 viewsBlueBadger

Is this trolling from Watson? on 22:51 - Dec 3 by Herbivore

Amazing.

I mean, he's basically gone overground as a budgie sleeper agent this season. I thought he was just a bit daft and easily fooled by good PR ala Dollars, but no.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is this trolling from Watson? on 00:25 - Dec 4 with 2383 viewsBlueBadger

Is this trolling from Watson? on 19:15 - Dec 3 by Illinoisblue

From March:

The poor fella. Inherits a mentally weak squad of wasters and then buys another 19 of them.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is this trolling from Watson? on 03:48 - Dec 4 with 2256 viewsIllinoisblue

Is this trolling from Watson? on 00:25 - Dec 4 by BlueBadger

The poor fella. Inherits a mentally weak squad of wasters and then buys another 19 of them.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, stay in League One forever. I think that’s how the saying goes

62 - 78 - 81

Is this trolling from Watson? on 08:00 - Dec 4 with 2018 viewschicoazul

Hiw do these little provincial news outlets make any money when their websites are borderline unusable? Every time I try to read it the text moves up or down!
Anyway having persevered it’s quite funny reading those quotes. I think Cook is a good bloke despite being a bin dipper who genuinely wants us to go well unlike the previous incumbent. Let’s hope somehow he can find a way to get some form going consistently.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Is this trolling from Watson? on 08:07 - Dec 4 with 1939 viewsHerbivore

Is this trolling from Watson? on 08:00 - Dec 4 by chicoazul

Hiw do these little provincial news outlets make any money when their websites are borderline unusable? Every time I try to read it the text moves up or down!
Anyway having persevered it’s quite funny reading those quotes. I think Cook is a good bloke despite being a bin dipper who genuinely wants us to go well unlike the previous incumbent. Let’s hope somehow he can find a way to get some form going consistently.

We're fairly consistent. We manage a good win every 3-4 weeks (first 6 games excepted) and then follow it with 4 or 5 performances that range from 'meh' to 'oh ffs'. We're probably due one of the good wins again soon, hopefully.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is this trolling from Watson? on 09:08 - Dec 4 with 1873 viewspennblue

Is this trolling from Watson? on 03:48 - Dec 4 by Illinoisblue

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, stay in League One forever. I think that’s how the saying goes

There is huge expectation here, and if we are not doing well there are plenty of people waiting to stick the boot in. The reality is a lot of football players don’t have that mental strength but a winning team is generally a team of players that do.

The defensive recruitment did not go well last summer.

It’s shame we can transfer some of our so called fans, because we need an overhaul in that department too.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024