Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting interview with Graham Potter 09:05 - Dec 4 with 1601 viewsGuthrum

Who was, after all, at one time being mooted (by fans, at least) as a potential Town manager.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/dec/04/graham-potter-brighton-manager-

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Interesting interview with Graham Potter on 09:14 - Dec 4 with 1537 viewsPhilTWTD

Was interviewed and was on the shortlist.
Interesting interview with Graham Potter on 09:18 - Dec 4 with 1515 viewsGuthrum

Interesting interview with Graham Potter on 09:14 - Dec 4 by PhilTWTD

So really was "one that got away" (in hindsight, at least).
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 9:19]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Interesting interview with Graham Potter on 09:26 - Dec 4 with 1467 viewsRegencyBlue

When was that Phil?
Interesting interview with Graham Potter on 09:27 - Dec 4 with 1461 viewsPhilTWTD

Interesting interview with Graham Potter on 09:26 - Dec 4 by RegencyBlue

When was that Phil?

When Hurst was appointed.
Interesting interview with Graham Potter on 09:28 - Dec 4 with 1453 viewsDubtractor

Interesting interview with Graham Potter on 09:27 - Dec 4 by PhilTWTD

Ha.

I think that may have just redefined the peak of banter era town.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Interesting interview with Graham Potter on 09:37 - Dec 4 with 1414 viewsSwansea_Blue

Interesting interview with Graham Potter on 09:18 - Dec 4 by Guthrum

So really was "one that got away" (in hindsight, at least).
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 9:19]

Absolutely. Such an emotionally intelligent guy, which has been in rare supply in most of our managers lately except probably for Mick (when he wasn't telling fans to eff off!). He knows a little bit about football too.

It's interesting that we plumped for Hurst over him. Says a lot about Evans' thinking, as Potter had top level experience with Östersund well above Hurst's level. He had indirect Swansea links before he ended up joining them, as he was recommended to the Östersund chairman by Graham Jones/Roberto Martinez during a pre-season match at Swansea apparently. I don't know whether that ended up having any bearing on why he ended up at the Swans.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 11:48]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Interesting interview with Graham Potter on 09:56 - Dec 4 with 1364 viewsHerbivore

Do you know if it was a case of us taking it no further or was it a Lampard situation where he heard the kind of budgets on offer and walked away?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Interesting interview with Graham Potter on 10:02 - Dec 4 with 1316 viewsKeno

Interesting interview with Graham Potter on 09:56 - Dec 4 by Herbivore

Do you know if it was a case of us taking it no further or was it a Lampard situation where he heard the kind of budgets on offer and walked away?

Herby don't go there

its will only make the hurt harder too bear

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting interview with Graham Potter on 10:03 - Dec 4 with 1314 viewsSuperblue95

He doesn’t strike me as someone who would demand large sums of money to spend. Probably would have backed himself to take us to the next level from what he would have inherited.

Has a distinct whiff of Evans picking the wrong man.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Interesting interview with Graham Potter on 11:17 - Dec 4 with 1162 viewsSarge

Assuming he wasn’t offered the job rather than he didn’t want it, what goes through someone’s head to make them think I won’t give the job to this guy that has taken an obscure Swedish team from the second division to competing in Europe, and instead I’ll give it to the guy whose achievement has been to not get Shrewsbury promoted.
Interesting interview with Graham Potter on 11:25 - Dec 4 with 1130 viewsjaykay

so was the short list, hurst , ross , and potter or was there more

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Interesting interview with Graham Potter on 11:49 - Dec 4 with 1068 viewsLeoMuff

On paper it takes your breath away we could of had him over Hurst, but balanced by the fact we could have had Klopp under Evans and he would have failed such was the state of things.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Interesting interview with Graham Potter on 11:53 - Dec 4 with 1053 viewsSomethingBlue

A total and utter fcuk-up that he did not end up here, my word.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Interesting interview with Graham Potter on 12:16 - Dec 4 with 984 viewsPhilTWTD

No, not sure.
Interesting interview with Graham Potter on 12:17 - Dec 4 with 972 viewsPhilTWTD

Interesting interview with Graham Potter on 11:25 - Dec 4 by jaykay

so was the short list, hurst , ross , and potter or was there more

Lampard as well.
Interesting interview with Graham Potter on 13:14 - Dec 4 with 807 viewschicoazul

Can one of you come over here and punch me in the face please?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Interesting interview with Graham Potter on 13:15 - Dec 4 with 798 viewschicoazul

Interesting interview with Graham Potter on 12:17 - Dec 4 by PhilTWTD

Lampard as well.

Sherwood?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024