Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
we rightly think that the American owners are not idiots... 17:52 - Dec 4 with 791 viewsblueboyd

they are business people and make difficult decisions throughout their business life but I bet they never thought that would be put to the test so early on at ITFC.

Lord have mercy on League One because.... hmmmm
we rightly think that the American owners are not idiots... on 17:54 - Dec 4 with 750 viewsSwansea_Blue

I imagine on footballing matters they will be leaning very heavily on Ashton. But yep, it's definitely a test. Of nerve or of ambition, I'm not sure which. It's times like this the management earn their money by making the right call (something we were utterly used to under Evans).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

we rightly think that the American owners are not idiots... on 17:55 - Dec 4 with 747 viewsWD19

It’s got very little to do with the American owners. They have hired a CEO to run their business for them.
we rightly think that the American owners are not idiots... on 17:55 - Dec 4 with 733 viewsKeno

" the American owners are not idiots"

well they did buy Ipswich Town FC
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 17:57]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

we rightly think that the American owners are not idiots... on 17:57 - Dec 4 with 720 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

None of them are even close to being as successful as Marcus Evans in the business world.

So I wouldn't put too much weight on that.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

we rightly think that the American owners are not idiots... on 18:01 - Dec 4 with 657 viewsFixed_It

we rightly think that the American owners are not idiots... on 17:54 - Dec 4 by Swansea_Blue

I imagine on footballing matters they will be leaning very heavily on Ashton. But yep, it's definitely a test. Of nerve or of ambition, I'm not sure which. It's times like this the management earn their money by making the right call (something we were utterly used to under Evans).

I doubt the American owners have ever heard of Barrow, let alone know just how poor it is not to beat them.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

we rightly think that the American owners are not idiots... on 18:04 - Dec 4 with 610 viewsKeno

we rightly think that the American owners are not idiots... on 18:01 - Dec 4 by Fixed_It

I doubt the American owners have ever heard of Barrow, let alone know just how poor it is not to beat them.

Tell them its would be like the US losing a war to a country like little backward country like Vietnam, although obviously that would never happ ..... oh

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

we rightly think that the American owners are not idiots... on 18:24 - Dec 4 with 528 viewsChurchman

we rightly think that the American owners are not idiots... on 17:57 - Dec 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

None of them are even close to being as successful as Marcus Evans in the business world.

So I wouldn't put too much weight on that.

That may or may not be the case, but they showed more interest in Ipswich Town than Evans managed in 14 years. Evans following Sheepshanks’ incompetence all but destroyed this club and I couldn’t care a less if how owns a matchbox or the solar system. It’ll take a very long time to scrub away the mess saviour Marcus left.
we rightly think that the American owners are not idiots... on 18:26 - Dec 4 with 513 viewslowhouseblue

they're running into adversity with some fireman's pension.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

we rightly think that the American owners are not idiots... on 18:34 - Dec 4 with 474 viewsXYZ

we rightly think that the American owners are not idiots... on 17:55 - Dec 4 by WD19

It’s got very little to do with the American owners. They have hired a CEO to run their business for them.

Ashton won't have the sole authority to sack the manager.
we rightly think that the American owners are not idiots... on 18:40 - Dec 4 with 432 viewsBeckets

we rightly think that the American owners are not idiots... on 18:34 - Dec 4 by XYZ

Ashton won't have the sole authority to sack the manager.

Exactly. It’s the ownership that have that authority. However if Ashton and O’Leary said they think Cook should go I’m pretty sure that would be the most likely outcome. Financially do they trust his decision making and the financial consequences in the January window. Increasingly I suspect not.
we rightly think that the American owners are not idiots... on 18:53 - Dec 4 with 379 viewsXYZ

we rightly think that the American owners are not idiots... on 18:40 - Dec 4 by Beckets

Exactly. It’s the ownership that have that authority. However if Ashton and O’Leary said they think Cook should go I’m pretty sure that would be the most likely outcome. Financially do they trust his decision making and the financial consequences in the January window. Increasingly I suspect not.

I suspect that's correct. If Ashton wants rid, then he first has to get O'Leary to agree with him (and vice versa probably). They'd then have to go to the three amigos.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024