Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A lot of talk about the Wycombe game on Radio Suffolk 18:43 - Dec 4 with 556 viewsPlums

No one has mentioned that they were all over us until the injury that led to Burgess coming on and shoring us up. The change was by accident but we benefitted from it. I don’t think we can use that as a marker for the ‘good times’ this season.
The game from that point was excellent but let’s not pretend it was our game plan that won it.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

A lot of talk about the Wycombe game on Radio Suffolk on 18:48 - Dec 4 with 499 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

We battered them for an hour and were thoroughly deserving of the win.

The sub being enforced makes no difference to the fact that we were excellent. It’s been sh*t since then but let’s not rewrite history and pretend we weren’t absolutely brilliant. Because we were.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

A lot of talk about the Wycombe game on Radio Suffolk on 18:51 - Dec 4 with 477 viewsPlums

A lot of talk about the Wycombe game on Radio Suffolk on 18:48 - Dec 4 by The_Romford_Blue

We battered them for an hour and were thoroughly deserving of the win.

The sub being enforced makes no difference to the fact that we were excellent. It’s been sh*t since then but let’s not rewrite history and pretend we weren’t absolutely brilliant. Because we were.

We were brilliant for 70 minutes. I just think people are using that as a benchmark for how good we can be and that’s fine but it was by accident.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

A lot of talk about the Wycombe game on Radio Suffolk on 18:54 - Dec 4 with 458 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

A lot of talk about the Wycombe game on Radio Suffolk on 18:51 - Dec 4 by Plums

We were brilliant for 70 minutes. I just think people are using that as a benchmark for how good we can be and that’s fine but it was by accident.

Sorry but I don’t understand that logic at all?

We showed we were capable of playing one of the best teams in the league off the park and scoring 4 away from home. We’ve shown we are capable of that. It happened. There’s the proof. The ‘by accident’ bit is irrelevant as it still happened. We still did that.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

A lot of talk about the Wycombe game on Radio Suffolk on 18:58 - Dec 4 with 422 viewsBlueBadger

Christ alive.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A lot of talk about the Wycombe game on Radio Suffolk on 19:16 - Dec 4 with 360 viewsN2_Blue

A lot of talk about the Wycombe game on Radio Suffolk on 18:54 - Dec 4 by The_Romford_Blue

Sorry but I don’t understand that logic at all?

We showed we were capable of playing one of the best teams in the league off the park and scoring 4 away from home. We’ve shown we are capable of that. It happened. There’s the proof. The ‘by accident’ bit is irrelevant as it still happened. We still did that.

I see the point the poster is making and tactically it doesn't reflect well on Cook.

But Cook set us up and we were completely done by Wycombe. Only by having Burgess as full back, a change forced, not a tactical choice by Cook, were we able to handle Wycombe down that left flank and the game changed.

I was there and we were very good at times, but i think brilliant is slightly overdoing it. I have two friends who are Wycombe fans, i live in West London, and they said they had a real off night and possibly tired legs as don't have the choice of changing things up as we do...celina and Burns were fresh legs if i recall having not played the weekend before.

So whilst very good, i didn't think we could go overboard about it, but i didn't expect our form to drop off a cliff!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

A lot of talk about the Wycombe game on Radio Suffolk on 19:19 - Dec 4 with 344 viewsSharkey

A lot of talk about the Wycombe game on Radio Suffolk on 19:16 - Dec 4 by N2_Blue

I see the point the poster is making and tactically it doesn't reflect well on Cook.

But Cook set us up and we were completely done by Wycombe. Only by having Burgess as full back, a change forced, not a tactical choice by Cook, were we able to handle Wycombe down that left flank and the game changed.

I was there and we were very good at times, but i think brilliant is slightly overdoing it. I have two friends who are Wycombe fans, i live in West London, and they said they had a real off night and possibly tired legs as don't have the choice of changing things up as we do...celina and Burns were fresh legs if i recall having not played the weekend before.

So whilst very good, i didn't think we could go overboard about it, but i didn't expect our form to drop off a cliff!

Stockdale certainly had a bad night, judging by the highlights.
A lot of talk about the Wycombe game on Radio Suffolk on 19:22 - Dec 4 with 323 viewsN2_Blue

A lot of talk about the Wycombe game on Radio Suffolk on 19:19 - Dec 4 by Sharkey

Stockdale certainly had a bad night, judging by the highlights.

he did, probably at fault for 3 or the 4 goals

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024