Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The fact that he's gone shouldn't be celebrated..... 19:30 - Dec 4 with 743 viewsBloots

....because ultimately it means that the team is failing, plus he plainly wanted to succeed.

But we should celebrate the fact that the club is now run by people that aren't afraid of making the right decision at the right time.

Now they have to make the first real decision of their tenure, they have to prove that there's more to them than management speak cliches and putting up a few new posters and flags around the ground.

They have no excuses from now on.....

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

The fact that he's gone shouldn't be celebrated..... on 19:35 - Dec 4 with 685 viewsDarth_Koont

Is it the right decision at the right time?

I hope so. But I’d like to know more about the reasoning – and know that the next manager isn’t going to be looking over his shoulder.

Pronouns: He/Him

The fact that he's gone shouldn't be celebrated..... on 19:35 - Dec 4 with 682 viewsN2_Blue

Completely agree.

No one would celebrate this...but it is the right decision and I'm happy it's been made.

I wish Paul Cook well and hope he wins football matches elsewhere so long as its not against us.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

The fact that he's gone shouldn't be celebrated..... on 19:40 - Dec 4 with 625 viewsrgp1

The fact that he's gone shouldn't be celebrated..... on 19:35 - Dec 4 by N2_Blue

Completely agree.

No one would celebrate this...but it is the right decision and I'm happy it's been made.

I wish Paul Cook well and hope he wins football matches elsewhere so long as its not against us.

It's always bad when someone loses their job but anyone who didn't think this was on it's way needs to give their head a wobble. Theres no way on earth the owners were going to chuck a load of money at it to fail, only to pat the manager on the back and give him another season.
The fact that he's gone shouldn't be celebrated..... on 19:41 - Dec 4 with 605 viewsWD19

The fact that he's gone shouldn't be celebrated..... on 19:35 - Dec 4 by Darth_Koont

I hope so. But I’d like to know more about the reasoning – and know that the next manager isn’t going to be looking over his shoulder.

The final sentence is the key bit for me. I feel like Cook has being ‘looking over his shoulder’ almost from day one. It was fundamental to his slightly atypical ‘go big or go home’ approach to demolishing the squad and has been corrosive throughout his tenure. Hopefully the new man will not be made to feel like he is sitting in an ejector seat - it does nobody any good.
The fact that he's gone shouldn't be celebrated..... on 19:42 - Dec 4 with 595 viewsRyorry

The fact that he's gone shouldn't be celebrated..... on 19:35 - Dec 4 by Darth_Koont

I think his inflexibility during games made it so - he clearly lacked the capacity to shore up a lead or change games around when things were going against us - and considering the name of our new owners is Gamechanger, maybe they had their own image in mind as well as ITFC's results when making their decision!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The fact that he's gone shouldn't be celebrated..... on 19:42 - Dec 4 with 593 viewsTangledupin_Blue

No. It is not the right time.

He should have been sacked weeks ago.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

The fact that he's gone shouldn't be celebrated..... on 19:43 - Dec 4 with 575 viewshomer_123

11th in L1...performances going backwards and two poor cup performances. I don't see how anyone can be surprised by this.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Coming to this club has been...... on 19:47 - Dec 4 with 538 viewsBloots

....and easy job for years, whether that's as a manager or a player.

The fact that a new manager has to look over his shoulder is a good thing.

That first half performance today was a disgrace, no effort and no desire.

We can't be a soft touch anymore.

Login to get fewer ads

The fact that he's gone shouldn't be celebrated..... on 19:49 - Dec 4 with 512 viewsMullet

I’m a little baffled a few are making themselves look even sillier. Grief does funny things I guess.

But at least we didn’t have a really nasty crescendo this way. We might actually make the playoffs now. Only required a little improvement apparently…

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Coming to this club has been...... on 19:50 - Dec 4 with 493 viewsDarth_Koont

Coming to this club has been...... on 19:47 - Dec 4 by Bloots

....and easy job for years, whether that's as a manager or a player.

The fact that a new manager has to look over his shoulder is a good thing.

That first half performance today was a disgrace, no effort and no desire.

We can't be a soft touch anymore.

When has that led to success?

Pronouns: He/Him

The fact that he's gone shouldn't be celebrated..... on 19:50 - Dec 4 with 491 viewsIllinoisblue

The big question is, will the Internet be able to cope with the volume of emergency podcasts soon to be cluttering the super highway?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I expect a number of posters on here..... on 19:53 - Dec 4 with 441 viewsBloots

The fact that he's gone shouldn't be celebrated..... on 19:49 - Dec 4 by Mullet

I’m a little baffled a few are making themselves look even sillier. Grief does funny things I guess.

But at least we didn’t have a really nasty crescendo this way. We might actually make the playoffs now. Only required a little improvement apparently…

....will have to come back under assumed identities.

Again.

Coming to this club has been...... on 19:54 - Dec 4 with 429 viewschicoazul

Coming to this club has been...... on 19:50 - Dec 4 by Darth_Koont

Watford churn their manager all the time. They are a comparable club to us. West Brom have gone through quite a few recently.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Watford are in the Premier League. (n/t) on 19:54 - Dec 4 with 428 viewsBloots

Coming to this club has been...... on 19:50 - Dec 4 by Darth_Koont

I expect a number of posters on here..... on 19:55 - Dec 4 with 405 viewsMullet

I expect a number of posters on here..... on 19:53 - Dec 4 by Bloots

....will have to come back under assumed identities.

Again.

Arf! You bitch!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024