Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nietzsche said we should never leave an act in the lurch 20:01 - Dec 4 with 215 viewsthebooks

He was right.

I was going to post something about how PC should have been given another few games, how I liked him and really thought it would work out. But that’s wrong. Just sentimental.

It’s absolutely right as his record was awful. Worse than Lambert, whose reign was ludicrously extended and ended up descending into bitterness and hostility. Cook had already started to complain about the fans, media etc. It’s best this was cut short for everyone, including him.

This is the right decision for two reasons.

Firstly, it says that we have high expectations. If you don’t perform, you’re out. We’ve settled for mediocrity for way too long, coming up with excuses for utter rubbish.

Secondly, it gets rid of our over-reliance on the manager. Probably the worst thing about the Evans era was his dependence on selecting the right man, rather than running the club properly or investing in the squad.

I’m assuming Ashton is telling a porky when he says no-one is lined up. Let’s see if we can get someone who can get us moving in the right direction quickly — no more excuses.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024