Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gosh 20:43 - Dec 4 with 176 viewsThe_Major

I'm surprised, I must admit. I'm surprised it wasn't a Monday morning sacking after a board meeting sort of scenario, but two hours after the match, boom.

The fact that Ashton has said they havent got anyone lined up or in mind makes me wonder if there's been a big bust up afterwards. Certainly the way Cook was talking in the post match interview seemed to indicate that he fully expected to be going to Charlton.

I liked Cook as a person a lot, wasn't overly convinced so far by his management skills, but favoured giving him the season at least (or until such point that it was mathematically impossible for us to go up and we were going to be miles off), but what's done is done, and so we move on.

Who's next then? Lampard doesn't feel right, and the media circus surrounding his appointment would give us Keane flashbacks. Personally, and I know it sounds mad, but I do think we should at least consider Farke. Presumably he still lives in the area, but I'm not sure if he'd see it as a betrayal of the Budgies. Besides which, we've been down the Ex-Nodge manager route before, and we all know how that turned out.

Stay tuned.

Of course, knowing our luck, Johnson will get the push at Sunderland, they'll appoint Cook, and his first game will be beating us 0-5 in a couple of weeks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024