Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Although he still has a 5% stake in us, Cook’s sacking finally draws a line 21:55 - Dec 4 with 469 viewspatrickswell

under Marcus Evans’s decision making. It says everything that out of 7 managers which he worked alongside, the second best performer in terms of league placing was the one he inherited. Keane, Jewell, Hurst, Lambert and Cook all sit comfortably as our worst 5 performing managers relative to level of football they led us at. I look at those names and all I can think of is that the common thread of their tenures was that it just kept getting worse. The occasional good day, but on the whole the mood mainly went from grey to black.
Even the one manager he did pick that did a decent job of work was left to blunder on unsupported after reaching the peak of the Evans years and that was all frittered away in a poisonous atmosphere which should never have been allowed to develop, but which did due to a lack of leadership from the top of the club.

Well, thank goodness that’s all done. It’s Ashton’s show now and my God, we need to pick someone that can start with competence and hopefully build from there. Nearly all of Evans picks seemed to start with crises which eventually overwhelmed them and left a fanbase of apathetic cynics. So often it wasn’t a case of Town fans demanding instant success, they just wanted to stop being subjected to instant and then prolonged failure.
Although he still has a 5% stake in us, Cook’s sacking finally draws a line on 22:11 - Dec 4 with 400 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yeah, that's a straw I'm clutching at too. If we believe what we've been told about him being Evans' sole decision, then maybe we can start looking up from now on.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024