Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Outers - Well done 07:08 - Dec 5 with 3806 viewspennblue

You got your way, time to stick your neck out and say who you want instead.

Come on TimothyYeo, BlueBoyd, ITFCJoe, BlueBadger et al.... who do you want now?

who would you go for? We need to get out of this negative spiral.

Negative comments DO make a difference, there is a reason media is tightly controlled in some countries and the reason is, people are influenced by what they read in the media (mainstream, local or social).

On that note, can I just say well done to Phil for keeping his Journalism clean and not resorting to low level tactics employed by other Journo's working in the ITFC space.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Outers - Well done on 07:11 - Dec 5 with 2908 viewsgalacticoblue

Mediocre performances with the best squad of players in the division also make a difference.
Outers - Well done on 07:12 - Dec 5 with 2908 viewsBlueBadger

This Keanish tribute act you've got here is rubbish.

Honestly, if I'd known I had THIS much sway in getting crap managers sacked I'd have written to Marcus Evans in September 2009, June 2011 and June 2018 AND 19 and we maybe could have avoided some of this trouble.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 17:58]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Outers - Well done on 07:14 - Dec 5 with 2875 viewsgordon

Outers - Well done on 07:12 - Dec 5 by BlueBadger

Honestly, if I'd known I had THIS much sway in getting crap managers sacked I'd have written to Marcus Evans in September 2009, June 2011 and June 2018 AND 19 and we maybe could have avoided some of this trouble.

I used to to Simon Clegg regularly, I'm pretty sure he awaited me emails with anticipation, and I can confirm that on two occasions my advice was followed in full, although he never wrote back to say thanks for the advice.
Outers - Well done on 07:19 - Dec 5 with 2824 viewspennblue

So who is your next manager?

Outers - Well done on 07:19 - Dec 5 with 2818 viewsgroovyASH

Cook's poor record got him sacked, especially after all the money which he spent and the calibre of players who came in.

He was sacked because thankfully our owners hold us to a higher standard than being a mid table league 1 side.

He wasn't dacked because fans on message boards and social media point these issues out.

Negative comments reflect the negative results on the pitch.

I am sorry for Cook the man, as he was as likeable and passionate man we have had in the top job.

I am not sorry for Cook the manager, who should have achieved so much more.

As for who we get in next, if we are going for the Head Coach model of which the structure has been built around the first team coaching set up, then we need a H.C. who has a good coaching reputation, who can bring his usual staff with him. Good and competent coaching can get you out of league 1 more than a reputation can.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Outers - Well done on 07:21 - Dec 5 with 2797 viewspennblue

Outers - Well done on 07:19 - Dec 5 by groovyASH

Cook's poor record got him sacked, especially after all the money which he spent and the calibre of players who came in.

He was sacked because thankfully our owners hold us to a higher standard than being a mid table league 1 side.

He wasn't dacked because fans on message boards and social media point these issues out.

I am sorry for Cook the man, as he was as likeable and passionate man we have had in the top job.

As for who we get in next, if we are going for the Head Coach model of which the structure has been built around the first team coaching set up, then we need a H.C. who has a good coaching reputation, who can bring his usual staff with him. Good and competent coaching can get you out of league 1 more than a reputation can.

So who? Liam Manning? Have you read the MK Forums about him?

Outers - Well done on 07:21 - Dec 5 with 2795 viewstractordownsouth

You’d have written to Evans asking him to sack Hurst after a week? Fair play, we’d have never signed Gwion and Blubbers would have been saved a lot of trouble.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Outers - Well done on 07:27 - Dec 5 with 2746 viewsSawtrich

Sorry but I don't understand the logic that if you wanted Cook out that you should be able to name a replacement. I certainly couldn't name all the managers in the Premiership and Championship but I'm pretty sure the vast majority could've done a lot better with the budget Cook was given. It's entirely possible that someone I've never heard of comes in and does a better job because Cook was failing badly. I wish him the best for the future, it wasn't working here.
Login to get fewer ads

Outers - Well done on 07:33 - Dec 5 with 2714 viewspennblue

Outers - Well done on 07:19 - Dec 5 by groovyASH

A lot of what you say, I do agree with.

But the reality is, no manager is likely to walk in the door and turn us into a team that performs at a Man City / Liverpool level of consistency. It has taken years of investment and coaching to get these clubs to perform at that level.

Paul Cook has not been given that time, and there are people (me included) that feel that is not the right way to treat an individual.

But if you are happy with us being a Watford style club, then you have got what you want. I thought we were better than that.

Outers - Well done on 07:38 - Dec 5 with 2666 viewsgroovyASH

Outers - Well done on 07:33 - Dec 5 by pennblue

But the reality is, no manager is likely to walk in the door and turn us into a team that performs at a Man City / Liverpool level of consistency. It has taken years of investment and coaching to get these clubs to perform at that level.

Paul Cook has not been given that time, and there are people (me included) that feel that is not the right way to treat an individual.

But if you are happy with us being a Watford style club, then you have got what you want. I thought we were better than that.

Well, Watford are in the Premier League so must be doing something right.

And nobody expects us to perform like Man City or Liverpool, don't be daft. We just need to perform better than, God forbid it, the likes of Rotherham, Oxford, MK Dons and Plymouth.

As I say, thankfully our owners hold us to a higher standard and recognise we should be better performing better than these clubs, with respect to them- and we just haven't been.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Outers - Well done on 07:41 - Dec 5 with 2641 viewswkj

It's not anyone's fault from this message board that Cook got fired - none more than Cook's fault alone.

As for who we should get in - someone better.

My personal opinion is that this whole coaching setup, including Cook, was wrong. Cook was a likeable guy, and he will have success elsewhere. Unlike Lambert and Keane, I don't dislike him and I appreciate he had a vision and tried to make it work.

Gamechange20 need to start afresh with a manager/head coach - who they can say is their own.

I personally belive we should move heaven and earth to get Jack Ross. He didn't get SUFC promoted, but he did take them to a play off final in one season, and was fired for being 6th in October. Relatively speaking to ourselves, that's a massive success.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Outers - Well done on 07:51 - Dec 5 with 2591 viewshype313

Mate, if you think this was on the fans then you're living in cloud cuckoo land, apart from yesterday and maybe the second half of Crewe there wasn't any hostility towards Cook bar a few tuts.

We're not known as sleepy suffolk for no reason, whenyou look at the football landscape we are oneof the most patient sets of fans in the country.

The owners aren't messing about, they want results, and whilst they are probably acutely aware of the fanbase, their decision was based on results.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Outers - Well done on 07:52 - Dec 5 with 2589 viewsWeWereZombies

Outers - Well done on 07:41 - Dec 5 by wkj

It's not anyone's fault from this message board that Cook got fired - none more than Cook's fault alone.

As for who we should get in - someone better.

My personal opinion is that this whole coaching setup, including Cook, was wrong. Cook was a likeable guy, and he will have success elsewhere. Unlike Lambert and Keane, I don't dislike him and I appreciate he had a vision and tried to make it work.

Gamechange20 need to start afresh with a manager/head coach - who they can say is their own.

I personally belive we should move heaven and earth to get Jack Ross. He didn't get SUFC promoted, but he did take them to a play off final in one season, and was fired for being 6th in October. Relatively speaking to ourselves, that's a massive success.

We won't get Jack Ross, although Hibs are faltering a bit at present he is doing a reasonable job there and you can see that a lot of progress for that club is possible with him in charge. They have a decent chance of playing in Europe next season, we can't compete with that at the moment.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Outers - Well done on 08:20 - Dec 5 with 2462 viewsHerbivore

Outers - Well done on 07:33 - Dec 5 by pennblue

You thought we were better than Premier League Watford? No wonder you're confused.

Nobody is expecting us to immediately turn into City or Liverpool either, that is a particularly tedious straw man. What we do expect is to be better than a middling third division club when we've spent big, have incredible resources at our disposal, and 20k turning out to watch us every week. Our recent performances and results have been poor, there's been scant evidence of progress being made. That's why Cook has been sacked, not because of a few posters criticising him on TWTD.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Outers - Well done on 08:23 - Dec 5 with 2431 viewsCokeIsKey

What's with all the negativity? Drama Queen.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Outers - Well done on 08:30 - Dec 5 with 2347 viewshomer_123

You do understand that had we been sitting 5th or 6th. Looking like we had been progressing and not letting games slip by, there wouldn't have been negativity?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Outers - Well done on 08:39 - Dec 5 with 2264 viewsHighgateBlue

It’s Cook’s fault for not being good enough. It’s not our fault for correctly pointing that out.

Some of us have already been asked the question of who should replace Cook time and time again on here, but I’ll answer it as follows, again:

1) it’s hard to know from the outside how much we have to spend on a manager or who could be attracted;
2) if we’re limited to current league one or two bosses: Manning, Lowe or Edwards;
3) if there is any way that lampard or carrick could be attracted (the bookies think so), then they should be strongly considered. The former in particular did well enough at Chelsea with a transfer embargo and his strong use of academy players is now reaping incredible rewards at that club. And we know they’ll send an army out on loan to bosses with the right contacts. Carrick did an incredible job at United, albeit for really not very long.
Outers - Well done on 08:47 - Dec 5 with 2228 viewsclive_baker

The suggestion that anyone on here has any influence over the direction of the club and this decision is laughable.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Outers - Well done on 08:51 - Dec 5 with 2185 viewsMullet

Outers - Well done on 08:47 - Dec 5 by clive_baker

The suggestion that anyone on here has any influence over the direction of the club and this decision is laughable.

How dare you take away my newfound Sultan of Sway title.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Outers - Well done on 08:55 - Dec 5 with 2143 viewsfergalsharkey

Outers - Well done on 07:11 - Dec 5 by galacticoblue

Mediocre performances with the best squad of players in the division also make a difference.

Best squad? Who says that?

Oh I see you believe everything you read.

We clearly are not the best squad, I would change a multitude of our players for other current league 1 players.

Poll: Cook out?

Outers - Well done on 09:07 - Dec 5 with 2057 viewsChurchman

Outers - Well done on 08:39 - Dec 5 by HighgateBlue

It’s Cook’s fault for not being good enough. It’s not our fault for correctly pointing that out.

Some of us have already been asked the question of who should replace Cook time and time again on here, but I’ll answer it as follows, again:

1) it’s hard to know from the outside how much we have to spend on a manager or who could be attracted;
2) if we’re limited to current league one or two bosses: Manning, Lowe or Edwards;
3) if there is any way that lampard or carrick could be attracted (the bookies think so), then they should be strongly considered. The former in particular did well enough at Chelsea with a transfer embargo and his strong use of academy players is now reaping incredible rewards at that club. And we know they’ll send an army out on loan to bosses with the right contacts. Carrick did an incredible job at United, albeit for really not very long.

Carrick did an incredible job at United?? He was caretaker for three games. What did he do in three games? Wave a magic wand? Nope, he just picked a team, most of whom put a shift in because their careers at MU are on the line. He has coaching g badges and that’s about all. Whoopee.

Lampard did a bang average job at Derby with the resources at his disposal. He under achieved. He was fired by Chelsea for good reason. He wasn’t very good. As for an army of loanees from the likes of Chelsea, it’s hardly building for the future is it.

No thanks to both, even if they were interested, which I doubt.
Outers - Well done on 09:08 - Dec 5 with 2042 viewssotd78

Outers - Well done on 08:55 - Dec 5 by fergalsharkey

We clearly are not the best squad, I would change a multitude of our players for other current league 1 players.

Agree. We collected a bunch of available players. Cook was given 20 games or so to shuffle then into a team. Not long enough. Sadly the impatient bedsheet brigade and their noisy squawking have done for him.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Outers - Well done on 09:10 - Dec 5 with 2025 viewsHerbivore

Outers - Well done on 08:55 - Dec 5 by fergalsharkey

Yeah but you also pretended to have a mo-ped and that you were sailing around the world, so you're a bit of an oddball whose views shouldn't be taken seriously.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Outers - Well done on 09:11 - Dec 5 with 2006 viewsMullet

Outers - Well done on 09:08 - Dec 5 by sotd78

Agree. We collected a bunch of available players. Cook was given 20 games or so to shuffle then into a team. Not long enough. Sadly the impatient bedsheet brigade and their noisy squawking have done for him.

When was there any sort of protest? Do you honestly believe the fact we would be 2nd if we didn't give away leads so often this season, that we can't name a consistent XI or put together 3 wins despite people insisting we'd just go on a run and smash our way into the playoffs, didn't have a bigger effect?

Why are you more concerned for the fortunes of Cook than the club? We're 11th in Div 3 after a huge spend. You're talking like an Arsenal fan here.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Outers - Well done on 09:13 - Dec 5 with 1979 viewstimothyeo

Let's ignore his awful record last season, as some tend to anyway.

Let's also ignore the quality of player at his disposal because that alone should be enough to get him sacked right now, but of course half our fanbase get starry eyed whenever a manager says roughly the right things, or anyone from the club for that matter. I remember when things got tough against Evans a couple years ago so he spouted a load of clichés and the likes of Dollers lapped them up.

Lets also ignore the clear inability to motivate players and man manage the squad, ensuring the likes of Pigott feel involved and are sharp when called on for an inevitable dry spell for Bonne.

Lets look at the core fundamental basics that we arent seeing tactically or at least not consistently.

I'm not going to bemoan the long ball approach that creeps in every game as that's a result rather than a cause.

What I fail to understand is what on earth our triggers for pressing are beyond Bonne working hard up front and occasionally a couple behind deciding to join in - there's no organisation or consistency to this basic and its outstanding.

When we lose the ball - half the time it looks like we want to play with a low block instead of high press here which is fine if not a little negative for the league we are in. Other times our midfield will chase singularly and leave a gaping hole between our midfield and centre backs. We've been lucky that the quality in the number 10 position in this league is generally dreadful as the gap is consistently far too big.

When we decide we are going to defend with a low block then the basic fundamental is to revert into defensive shape ASAP - we don't even do this!

We are basically playing a "We have a better squad of players so tactics are irrelevant" model and its enough against the bottom sides (generally speaking) but not the above average sides (generally speaking).

Cook is adding absolutely nothing to us on the pitch. You could send this group of players out without a manager and essentially achieve the same.

There's far more wrong if you want to go more in depth but we are talking about very basic shape during transitions of losing winning and having the ball.

On the basis of the above, and the fact our squad is better than most in the league, I'd like a manager who plays with high press triggers and doesn't feel thr need to go straight into a low block when we lose the ball.

Alex Neil despite his Norwich connections would be a good option.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024