Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best 07:53 - Dec 5 with 1458 viewsfergalsharkey

forget the dross he worked with last season, this manager assembled an entirely new squad 4 months ago, results have varied between immense and diabolical .

He has a system that he believes in and has worked at 3 clubs previously and given time we would have seen it work here.
Admit that the players need tweaking, bonne for one wasn’t doing it but overall Cook knew what needed doing.
I for one am disgusted at what the club has done and feel if this is how the new regime is going to operate then they can keep it.
If you are reading this cookie I hope you go elsewhere then come back and smash us.

Poll: Cook out?

as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 08:00 - Dec 5 with 1374 viewsbluejacko

Dry your eyes for Christ’s sake! Cook won’t be going anywhere with his coaching team and smashing anyone. Without an established No2 this is what you get from him.
as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 08:12 - Dec 5 with 1293 viewscressi

as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 08:00 - Dec 5 by bluejacko

Dry your eyes for Christ’s sake! Cook won’t be going anywhere with his coaching team and smashing anyone. Without an established No2 this is what you get from him.

The right decision could never see us winning 4 games a a row or go on a long unbeaten run under Cook. We are league one with a good budget and should be striving to get into the championship and be like we were in the Burley days fighting to be at least in the running for a top 6 spot.
Now we have backing a professional team behind the manager and players its about getting it right on the pitch so now is a crucial decision but to be fair Cook
was not the Americans man let's see what happens not sure I want Johnson or Appleton because of Ashton past links. Want a good manager with a good number 2 who knows how to speak to the media not in 3 different voices in one interview and is good a tactician. Upwards and onwards.
as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 08:16 - Dec 5 with 1246 viewsHerbivore

I preferred the mo-ped material, at least it was moderately amusing.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 08:23 - Dec 5 with 1187 viewsfergalsharkey

as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 08:12 - Dec 5 by cressi

The right decision could never see us winning 4 games a a row or go on a long unbeaten run under Cook. We are league one with a good budget and should be striving to get into the championship and be like we were in the Burley days fighting to be at least in the running for a top 6 spot.
Now we have backing a professional team behind the manager and players its about getting it right on the pitch so now is a crucial decision but to be fair Cook
was not the Americans man let's see what happens not sure I want Johnson or Appleton because of Ashton past links. Want a good manager with a good number 2 who knows how to speak to the media not in 3 different voices in one interview and is good a tactician. Upwards and onwards.

Jesus wept.

Poll: Cook out?

as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 08:25 - Dec 5 with 1164 viewsgainsboroughblue

This really is the forum that keeps giving isn't it.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 08:27 - Dec 5 with 1144 viewsHighgateBlue

Yes poor Cook. Forced to get worse results than Lambert out of Lambert’s players. Forced to spend millions. Forced to get rid of the whole squad including player of the year, forced to fail to beat kids’ teams and lower league 2 dross, forced to get even worse results with his own expensive players.

His results were unacceptable. After a while that must mean that they were not accepted. You are in a small minority.
as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 08:39 - Dec 5 with 1074 viewshomer_123

as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 08:25 - Dec 5 by gainsboroughblue

This really is the forum that keeps giving isn't it.

Did you see Keanishs post last night?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 08:40 - Dec 5 with 1063 viewsgainsboroughblue

as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 08:39 - Dec 5 by homer_123

I was one of the fortunate ones, yes. Disappointed it got pulled.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 08:41 - Dec 5 with 1049 viewsDanTheMan

as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 08:39 - Dec 5 by homer_123

Is this the one Bloots got a screenshot of?

Would be awfully interested in seeing this piece of TWTD history as it sounds incredible.

EDIT: Seen it now, that's quite the post. I didn't realise we had such power here!
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 9:02]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 08:44 - Dec 5 with 1013 viewsDubtractor

as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 08:41 - Dec 5 by DanTheMan

Would be awfully interested in seeing this piece of TWTD history as it sounds incredible.

EDIT: Seen it now, that's quite the post. I didn't realise we had such power here!

It was an absolutely magnificent post.

It was a 'it's the fan's fault post', but on steroids. And speed. And prob a sprinkling of psychedelics.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 08:46 - Dec 5 with 1005 viewsDanTheMan

as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 08:44 - Dec 5 by Dubtractor

It was a 'it's the fan's fault post', but on steroids. And speed. And prob a sprinkling of psychedelics.

Poor guy, he truly was emotionally invested in Cook.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 09:11 - Dec 5 with 931 viewsGuthrum

In four months - almost half a season - we've managed two or three really good results against opposition not in the bottom third of the table. We're out of two cups and staggering through the third like a blind drunk.

We got to within a couple of points of sixth place, then slid back alarmingly. Chances of making the automatics are pretty much gone, the playoffs dicey.

It was Cook's team, the men he'd asked the club to hire. It should have been designed to fit together and start working fairly quickly. People get fixated on systems, but we were soon back in a situation where either the attack or the defence were working, but not both (and sometimes neither).

I had high hopes for Cook. Loved his enthusiasm and personal energy, the way he spoke openly and with passion about the game. But there was very little sign that things were turning consistently for the better. I don't like our managers getting sacked (and this has come sooner than I expected), but it was very much the way the wind was blowing.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 09:17 - Dec 5 with 883 viewstimothyeo

Jesus christ our wet as fck fans are all over this forum arent they?

Hes just a manager. He wasn't here that long he had no affinity with the club and he'd underperformed throughout his time here and took us backwards.

And now you want him to come back with another team and smash us?

Sounds like you're a Cook fan not an Ipswich fan, which is what I've thought about a lot of you on here. So cringe.
as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 09:23 - Dec 5 with 818 viewsMullet

as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 08:44 - Dec 5 by Dubtractor

You should see my PMs.....

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 09:30 - Dec 5 with 771 viewssotd78

More worrying is not that Cook went... wrong though that decision was... but more that we have owners who will run a revolving door policy. That works mostly for those clubs trying to retain their place in a division. It's never really worked for getting out of a division. We changed everything and now we want it. Right now. Hurry up. Hurry hurry.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 09:30 - Dec 5 with 771 viewsitfcjoe

as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 08:41 - Dec 5 by DanTheMan

Where is it?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 09:32 - Dec 5 with 749 viewspointofblue

I did wonder if some fans supported Paul Cook more than Ipswich Town. Guess I’ve got my answer.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 09:34 - Dec 5 with 711 viewsHerbivore

as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 09:30 - Dec 5 by itfcjoe

Where is it?

PM Bloots, he'll send you a screenshot. It was truly magnificent, the admins were begged not to remove it but I can see why they did.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 10:02 - Dec 5 with 602 viewstimothyeo

as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 09:34 - Dec 5 by Herbivore

PM Bloots, he'll send you a screenshot. It was truly magnificent, the admins were begged not to remove it but I can see why they did.

I'm still getting PMs about how its my fault PC is gone.

Should we get promoted this season now, am I entitled to a cut of the promotion money?
as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 11:40 - Dec 5 with 447 viewsstonojnr

as.bad decisions go this is up there with the best on 09:32 - Dec 5 by pointofblue

I did wonder if some fans supported Paul Cook more than Ipswich Town. Guess I’ve got my answer.

I dont think its Cook necessarily, whoever was in the job would have been treated the same way by them, its really just about some of those fans wanting to believe their own kind of footballing nous on manager picks, and so will defend that pick regardless of the counter evidence that starts stacking up, because to admit or accept it wasnt working, is to admit/accept they got it wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024