Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooks bed was made 08:17 - Dec 5 with 1225 viewsColchesterBlue1985

The minute he assembled a coaching team not fit for purpose.

Lack of No.2 of any sorts
Lack of any experienced first team coach
The GK Coach has a managed to turn supposedly the best gk outside the championship into one that resembles a non league Sunday morning goalie with a hangover.
Failure to nurture and improve the raw ability of Edwards and Harper who I believe will be the two main players that we see a drastic improvement from following Cooks sacking.

These are all things that Cook had control over and failed to identify instead keeping his “pals” in a job even though it was clear from day one what we lacked off the field.

Even when asked in that fans forum if he had a defensive coach and he laughed and said “obviously not” I know he was joking but it was a serious question by a fan and clearly one of concern and all he could muster was Jeffers does the defensive set pieces…

This was the right decision for the club if we want to move forwards!!
Cooks bed was made on 08:23 - Dec 5 with 1166 viewsHighgateBlue

But how can that be so? Because apparently structure structure structure!

No, you’re quite right. The first time a recognised defensive coach turned up was this last week, surely to perform the role of one of the men in white coats to take away a certain someone!
Cooks bed was made on 08:24 - Dec 5 with 1151 viewsphillev231069

Nailed it!
Cooks bed was made on 08:29 - Dec 5 with 1099 viewsbackinbeige

I don’t disagree with you that the setup is/was poor, but I don’t think he was giving jobs to his mates just to throw them some work, I just think he was falling back on what and who he knew. His approach had worked for him before, his crime wasn’t cronyism it was failing to adapt and fit the different circumstances here.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 8:37]

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

Cooks bed was made on 08:34 - Dec 5 with 1043 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Cooks bed was made on 08:29 - Dec 5 by backinbeige

I don’t disagree with you that the setup is/was poor, but I don’t think he was giving jobs to his mates just to throw them some work, I just think he was falling back on what and who he knew. His approach had worked for him before, his crime wasn’t cronyism it was failing to adapt and fit the different circumstances here.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 8:37]

I appreciate he was going on tried and tested formulas however the formula had a missing element LR!! Gary Roberts first coaching role in his career shouldn’t have been with the ITFC first team!! Francis Jeffers in isolation I wouldn’t have had an issue with however the combination always looked odd!!

At the end of the day in every walk of life, Good managers are only as good as the people they surround themselves with. If my team that work for me weren’t up to it they would be replaced or if I persisted with them in the end I would be it’s as simple as that.
Cooks bed was made on 08:38 - Dec 5 with 984 viewshomer_123

Cooks bed was made on 08:34 - Dec 5 by ColchesterBlue1985

I appreciate he was going on tried and tested formulas however the formula had a missing element LR!! Gary Roberts first coaching role in his career shouldn’t have been with the ITFC first team!! Francis Jeffers in isolation I wouldn’t have had an issue with however the combination always looked odd!!

At the end of the day in every walk of life, Good managers are only as good as the people they surround themselves with. If my team that work for me weren’t up to it they would be replaced or if I persisted with them in the end I would be it’s as simple as that.

You do know that Cook has been successful with LM don't you?

It's not worked here for him...it happens.

Past success is no guarantee of future performance and all that.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Cooks bed was made on 08:47 - Dec 5 with 937 viewsChurchman

Disagree. He selected the coaches he wanted and these people have all been in football and know the game. These people are not magicians or splitting the atom. They do the manager’s bidding whether it’s training routines or plonking the cones out. How many people know who Klopp’s coaches are or care? None, I’ll bet, because it’s irrelevant.

As for employing his mates, who in any walk of life employs an enemy or somebody they don’t like the look of?

Cook did things his way - if he wasn’t allowed to do that he should have walked months ago. He made a mess of it and paid the price. It’s as simple as that.

For me, when Cook took part in the fans forums, he looked distinctly uncomfortable alongside Ashton and co. Everything from how he dressed to body language to his answers. I put it down to discomfort with that sort of thing (not everyone is good at it).

I do wonder what the relationship was between Cook, Ashton and the owners. If the truth of it was that they didn’t see him as the man for it long term, they really should have let him go in April.

All baseless musings on my part. I would have given Cook a little longer to get it right, but in hindsight it’s probably for the best that he’s gone. I hope they get the replacement right. I know people love the new manager excitement, but this ongoing omnishambles at the club has to stop.
Cooks bed was made on 09:33 - Dec 5 with 760 viewsketton_itfc

Cooks bed was made on 08:47 - Dec 5 by Churchman

Disagree. He selected the coaches he wanted and these people have all been in football and know the game. These people are not magicians or splitting the atom. They do the manager’s bidding whether it’s training routines or plonking the cones out. How many people know who Klopp’s coaches are or care? None, I’ll bet, because it’s irrelevant.

As for employing his mates, who in any walk of life employs an enemy or somebody they don’t like the look of?

Cook did things his way - if he wasn’t allowed to do that he should have walked months ago. He made a mess of it and paid the price. It’s as simple as that.

For me, when Cook took part in the fans forums, he looked distinctly uncomfortable alongside Ashton and co. Everything from how he dressed to body language to his answers. I put it down to discomfort with that sort of thing (not everyone is good at it).

I do wonder what the relationship was between Cook, Ashton and the owners. If the truth of it was that they didn’t see him as the man for it long term, they really should have let him go in April.

All baseless musings on my part. I would have given Cook a little longer to get it right, but in hindsight it’s probably for the best that he’s gone. I hope they get the replacement right. I know people love the new manager excitement, but this ongoing omnishambles at the club has to stop.

I’d have given him longer but probably for the best. I’m not convinced that all the signings were Cook’s. At one of the forum’s, Ashton quoted O’Leary on badgering him to sign Edwards. Something just not quite right with it all and I hope to god they get the next boss right as we can’t keep chopping and changing.
All in all another false dawn and it’s gone beyond a joke.
Cooks bed was made on 09:35 - Dec 5 with 727 viewspointofblue

Cooks bed was made on 08:34 - Dec 5 by ColchesterBlue1985

There’s no harm Roberts being a coach here in isolation; having so much inexperience in one place was the issue.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Cooks bed was made on 10:08 - Dec 5 with 639 viewshadleighboyblue

Cooks bed was made on 09:35 - Dec 5 by pointofblue

There’s no harm Roberts being a coach here in isolation; having so much inexperience in one place was the issue.

PC's downfall was not managing to get Richardson to join him , those 2 together could have worked .

What we need now is a young manager who is good at coaching and tactically aware , Liam Manning seems to fit the bill nicely .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024