Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
the Mark Ashton show 08:28 - Dec 5 with 1134 viewsfergalsharkey

Opens tonight Portman Rd Ipswich.

Tickets available to all mugs from £25.

It’s called ego in a beard and features some short term financial gains before moving on to a new venue.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 8:59]

Poll: Cook out?

the Mark Ashton show on 09:53 - Dec 5 with 932 viewsTokey

Really? It really makes my heart sink when I see stuff like this about the fundamentals of the club.

Keep it together people. He’s employed as our CEO and his career is inexorably tied to our successes or failures. He will want it to work here as much as anyone. If he’s got a big ego (I have never met him so have no judgement) who cares?
Ashton has been a breath of fresh air, he and our backers have done everything right so far. It’s not worked on the pitch and they’ve acted. Maybe too early for some but you can’t deny they are hungry for success, what’s not to like?
BTW, I know this won’t be read by him but all the best to Paul Cook. So sad it didn’t work out here but all the best for the future!
the Mark Ashton show on 09:56 - Dec 5 with 914 viewstimothyeo

Waaah waaah the big mean club sacked my favourite ever manager!! I know he achieved nothing and actually took us backwards but he's just so nice and likes a pint. Reminds me of that lovely fella Lambert actually.
the Mark Ashton show on 09:58 - Dec 5 with 890 viewschrismakin

Can I thank you.

The last 12 hours has shown I'm not the worst poster on the forum.

Carry on.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

The guy is a nutter and a massive ego-tist on 10:00 - Dec 5 with 869 viewsunstableblue

It is as clear as day

He needed a strong manager with a good team around him to keep Ashton away from direct football control

I think there are positives in Ashtons passion and drive, but now huge risk in this next stage

People talking about a coach?! Where is the technical/footballing director entity to facilitate that?!

We are mikes away from a Brentford model, Ashton is not the man for that model anyway

Ashton will actually put off certain candidates - period

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

the Mark Ashton show on 10:01 - Dec 5 with 859 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

It’s interesting. I’m not completely against the decision as I think Cook was doing a very poor job.

However I’m really not convinced on Mark Ashton, I have lots of Bristol city supporting mates, he is absolutely detested there, by almost every fan, that’s very rare, somebody is disliked by everyone. He’s already echoed some of those lives here, bringing in his mates for the back room staff, running on the pitch after a win. This next appointment is massive, Bristol City fans tell me he will just appoint his mates, I really hope that’s not the case.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

the Mark Ashton show on 10:01 - Dec 5 with 852 viewsbazza

the Mark Ashton show on 09:58 - Dec 5 by chrismakin

Can I thank you.

The last 12 hours has shown I'm not the worst poster on the forum.

Carry on.

LOLZ
the Mark Ashton show on 10:12 - Dec 5 with 784 viewsWickets

the Mark Ashton show on 09:53 - Dec 5 by Tokey

Really? It really makes my heart sink when I see stuff like this about the fundamentals of the club.

Keep it together people. He’s employed as our CEO and his career is inexorably tied to our successes or failures. He will want it to work here as much as anyone. If he’s got a big ego (I have never met him so have no judgement) who cares?
Ashton has been a breath of fresh air, he and our backers have done everything right so far. It’s not worked on the pitch and they’ve acted. Maybe too early for some but you can’t deny they are hungry for success, what’s not to like?
BTW, I know this won’t be read by him but all the best to Paul Cook. So sad it didn’t work out here but all the best for the future!

No argument from me .
Yes perhaps Cook needed to go but if you think Mark Ashton is not a huge risk… on 10:17 - Dec 5 with 724 viewsunstableblue

the Mark Ashton show on 09:56 - Dec 5 by timothyeo

Waaah waaah the big mean club sacked my favourite ever manager!! I know he achieved nothing and actually took us backwards but he's just so nice and likes a pint. Reminds me of that lovely fella Lambert actually.

… you are deluded

As much as Norwood has issues - it should be Cooks decision where he trains and plays

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

Yes perhaps Cook needed to go but if you think Mark Ashton is not a huge risk… on 10:21 - Dec 5 with 690 viewschrismakin

Yes perhaps Cook needed to go but if you think Mark Ashton is not a huge risk… on 10:17 - Dec 5 by unstableblue

… you are deluded

As much as Norwood has issues - it should be Cooks decision where he trains and plays

Not at all. If he did what the rumour is, then it's fair for the ceo to remove him as a first team player.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

the Mark Ashton show on 10:30 - Dec 5 with 642 viewsDavoIPB

the Mark Ashton show on 10:01 - Dec 5 by TRUE_BLUE123

It’s interesting. I’m not completely against the decision as I think Cook was doing a very poor job.

However I’m really not convinced on Mark Ashton, I have lots of Bristol city supporting mates, he is absolutely detested there, by almost every fan, that’s very rare, somebody is disliked by everyone. He’s already echoed some of those lives here, bringing in his mates for the back room staff, running on the pitch after a win. This next appointment is massive, Bristol City fans tell me he will just appoint his mates, I really hope that’s not the case.

Yeah he sacked somebody who had been in 8 days when he arrived at a club. Then went on an extensive search for a new manager ending up appointing one of his mates who was a youth coach. We may get a similar situation here. I hope not.
Yes perhaps Cook needed to go but if you think Mark Ashton is not a huge risk… on 10:30 - Dec 5 with 635 viewsTokey

Yes perhaps Cook needed to go but if you think Mark Ashton is not a huge risk… on 10:17 - Dec 5 by unstableblue

… you are deluded

Suggestion is that Norwood had bought and had the potential to bring unwanted and uncomfortable attention to the club, totally at odds with our American owners values and vision and for this reason, wasn’t allowed to be selected.
If this is correct, you may agree or disagree but it’s a principle that they were prepared to stand up for.
the Mark Ashton show on 10:37 - Dec 5 with 598 viewsFightingEssex

the Mark Ashton show on 09:53 - Dec 5 by Tokey

Let’s see how it pans out. If he and Gamechanger are making decisions such as playing styles, formations, who’s starting and who is being sold then we should be concerned. The proof will be if a new man comes in and nothing changes, I personally hope they stay out of any on field stuff and that includes whether or not the new manager wants to play Norwood.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024