Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Money 09:06 - Dec 5 with 765 viewsblueislander

I wonder how are new owners are viewing their investment now. They firstly had to pay out the contracts of Lambert and his staff. Then to sign Cook , and allow him to build a huge new back room set up. Then paying out numerous players’ contracts before getting in all the new players, many of them on very high wages. Then after 6 months an awful lot of that wil be wasted. I assume that virtually all the back room staff will be dismissed, to allow a new manager to be signed and bring in all his own coaching staff etc.
Money on 09:11 - Dec 5 with 710 viewsStokieBlue

It's not a lot of money though in the grand scheme of things. The players Cook bought are still good, they could easily flourish under new management.

Over the longer-term, they have barely spent anything yet.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Money on 09:14 - Dec 5 with 695 viewsblueislander

Money on 09:11 - Dec 5 by StokieBlue

It's not a lot of money though in the grand scheme of things. The players Cook bought are still good, they could easily flourish under new management.

Over the longer-term, they have barely spent anything yet.

SB

It may not be a lot of money in the grand scheme, but a lot of it has been wasted which won’t go down well. Ashton must be under a bit of pressure.
Money on 09:15 - Dec 5 with 672 viewshomer_123

Money on 09:14 - Dec 5 by blueislander

It may not be a lot of money in the grand scheme, but a lot of it has been wasted which won’t go down well. Ashton must be under a bit of pressure.

Wasted on who? Cook and the coaches...maybe...the players...no.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Money on 09:23 - Dec 5 with 617 viewsStokieBlue

As per my previous post, very little has been wasted.

SB

Money on 09:28 - Dec 5 with 598 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Cook didn't appoint a huge back room set up.

He appointed 3 inexperienced coaches.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Money on 09:32 - Dec 5 with 560 viewsblueislander

Money on 09:23 - Dec 5 by StokieBlue

As per my previous post, very little has been wasted.

SB

Wha t was the wage bill for Cook and the coaching staff and ot her back room people he brought in ?Cook was on a three year contract as I recall ,and the others probably the same. So that is over two years to compensate. I would hazard a guess that it would haven been north of two million quid. Although if Cook gets another job quickly some of that would probably be clawed back.
Money on 09:34 - Dec 5 with 543 viewsStokieBlue

Money on 09:32 - Dec 5 by blueislander

Wha t was the wage bill for Cook and the coaching staff and ot her back room people he brought in ?Cook was on a three year contract as I recall ,and the others probably the same. So that is over two years to compensate. I would hazard a guess that it would haven been north of two million quid. Although if Cook gets another job quickly some of that would probably be clawed back.

It's all about scale and ambition.

This really isn't what we need to worry about at the moment.

SB

Money on 09:35 - Dec 5 with 547 viewsblueislander

Money on 09:28 - Dec 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

Cook didn't appoint a huge back room set up.

He appointed 3 inexperienced coaches.

Is that all of them? Were there not sports scientists and of course. Peter Reid.
Login to get fewer ads

Money on 09:35 - Dec 5 with 544 viewssotd78

The only cost will be in paying up the first team coaches unless anyone new retains them.
Everyone else just buys into the style. 4231 across the club might revert to something else. Who knows.
I think Cook was not given time and clearly this club has attracted managers on that reputation. Anyone new may realise he has twenty games. It's a revolving door until we get lucky.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Money on 09:36 - Dec 5 with 533 viewsPendejo

It's a medium to long term investment, and many investments have heavy costs during the set up period.

As long as decision making is decisive and leads to gains that exceed any costs then it's acceptable collateral damage.

We should have made the play offs last season, and had Evans kept Gill in charge a bit longer what would have happened? The Cookie Monster didn't get it right at any stage, but showed glimpses of his near we are; Portsmouth, Wycombe and Doncaster.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Money on 09:36 - Dec 5 with 530 viewsblueislander

Money on 09:34 - Dec 5 by StokieBlue

It's all about scale and ambition.

This really isn't what we need to worry about at the moment.

SB

I’m not worried by it, but the owners will be asking questions.
Money on 09:37 - Dec 5 with 521 viewsGuthrum

Money on 09:35 - Dec 5 by blueislander

Is that all of them? Were there not sports scientists and of course. Peter Reid.

Would have thought they were the club's men (perhaps including Reid, as a sort of consultant DoF), rather than Cook's directly. Thus will be staying on.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Money on 09:38 - Dec 5 with 507 viewsEwan_Oozami

Money on 09:35 - Dec 5 by blueislander

The sports scientists and analysts will probably stay - they were brought in by Ashton, not Cook - I think Ashton realised that the extensive backroom team he brought in would be wasted on Cook, given performances so far this season......

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Money on 09:40 - Dec 5 with 496 viewsStewart27

Ashton was Bristol City CEO when Cook joined Ipswich.
Money on 09:43 - Dec 5 with 471 viewsBluebell

Wouldn’t Evans have paid off Lambert’s contract as Cook was signed before the takeover?
Money on 09:50 - Dec 5 with 424 viewsTexaco73

What is the point of this musing about payoffs? Are you worried we will have to sell players and continue to be in the Marcus Evans spiral of decline, or is it a snipe because you are unhappy about them letting an underperforming manager and coaching staff go?

They will lose more money in the long term if progress isn't made and results and performances to date have indicated that that was going to be the case.

There is no room to 'wait and see'. No misty eyed, jumpers for goalposts, soft and cuddly nursery to give managers time to flourish.
This is a business. The measure of this business is success.
What we at least have now is a decent administrative setup and a good set of players.
Just need a manager/coach who can get results and get us out of this division.
Money on 09:50 - Dec 5 with 424 viewsbobbyramsey

This is peanuts compared to what they will need to spend if they want to realise their investment and it will all have been budgeted for. They knew what the were getting into so no surprises here, football is an expensive business, especially if the PL is your ambition.

There will always be a contingency fund.........
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024