Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
it’s Warnock 09:40 - Dec 5 with 5669 viewsboncho1977

Got a message from a mate who has heard that it was agreed before the Crewe game.

I don’t know how reliable the source is
it’s Warnock on 09:41 - Dec 5 with 4261 viewsStokieBlue

The message was probably stuck in the ether since 2005.

Would be an utterly awful move in my opinion.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

it’s Warnock on 09:42 - Dec 5 with 4238 viewspointofblue

It was agreed before the Crewe but we allowed Cook to manage us against Crewe, Arsenal U21s and Barrow… for what reason?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

it’s Warnock on 09:45 - Dec 5 with 4145 viewsBluebell

Yes of course your mate would have been told.

Next!
it’s Warnock on 09:45 - Dec 5 with 4134 viewsGuthrum

it’s Warnock on 09:41 - Dec 5 by StokieBlue

SB

I don't know it would be. He could whip the team into shape and get us out of L1. It's the kind of thing he's good at.

Longer term than that, however, probably no.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

it’s Warnock on 09:46 - Dec 5 with 4092 viewsEwan_Oozami

Stephen Warnock?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

it’s Warnock on 09:47 - Dec 5 with 4022 viewsStokieBlue

it’s Warnock on 09:45 - Dec 5 by Guthrum

I don't know it would be. He could whip the team into shape and get us out of L1. It's the kind of thing he's good at.

Totally pointless though if you then need to find a new manager in the Championship, instil a style of play, get the tactics the manager wants conveyed.

Seems like a route to a massive struggle in the Championship if Warnock even made it there. If he didn't make it then it's utterly wasted time.

His football is also rather rubbish.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

it’s Warnock on 09:48 - Dec 5 with 3977 viewsbefxblue

Makes sense.

Sack the manager for the clubs longer term interests.

Employ someone in their 70s.
it’s Warnock on 09:50 - Dec 5 with 3913 viewsthebooks

it’s Warnock on 09:45 - Dec 5 by Guthrum

Yeah, I think that’s right. It’s not really a “project” appointment at the moment — it needs someone with the experience and charisma to gee what is a talented squad up, organise us and simply get us out of the league this season.

Having said that, I’m not sure he still has it, and whether there is a manager around who can fulfill that role. I would dread to mention the name that should never be mentioned here…
Login to get fewer ads

it’s Warnock on 09:50 - Dec 5 with 3893 viewsHerbivore

Can't see it, wouldn't want to see it either.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

it’s Warnock on 09:51 - Dec 5 with 3864 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

It can’t, and it won’t be… if we do bring in a Pulis, Warnock, Alardyce ty on 09:54 - Dec 5 with 3782 viewsunstableblue

…. Even as a ‘stop gap’ to ‘steady the ship’ you know that we are being very badly run and that the owners/leadership do not understand the club or the fans

We need a progressive manager, who puts entertainment high on their priorities who can build a long term improvement of this club

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

it’s Warnock on 09:59 - Dec 5 with 3662 viewsGuthrum

it’s Warnock on 09:47 - Dec 5 by StokieBlue

Totally pointless though if you then need to find a new manager in the Championship, instil a style of play, get the tactics the manager wants conveyed.

Seems like a route to a massive struggle in the Championship if Warnock even made it there. If he didn't make it then it's utterly wasted time.

His football is also rather rubbish.

SB

Unless you look at it that getting out of L1 requires a different style to winning promotion from the Champ. Treat it as a fixed-term appointment, not an open-ended "until he fails" one. Think that's also the kind of thing Warnock might accept (particularly at his age).

it’s Warnock on 10:00 - Dec 5 with 3609 viewsTexaco73

I could see that as a viable short-term option.
Assuming he was able to bully us out of League one, it would then make us a more attractive proposition for a more long term coaching/management solution in the championship.

I think people need to leave the long term dreams behind for now, what we need is impact and to get out of this division.
Creating the Ipswich we remember/want to see is a job for the championship IMO.
It can’t, and it won’t be… if we do bring in a Pulis, Warnock, Alardyce ty on 10:01 - Dec 5 with 3611 viewsPhilTWTD

It can’t, and it won’t be… if we do bring in a Pulis, Warnock, Alardyce ty on 09:54 - Dec 5 by unstableblue

…. Even as a ‘stop gap’ to ‘steady the ship’ you know that we are being very badly run and that the owners/leadership do not understand the club or the fans

We need a progressive manager, who puts entertainment high on their priorities who can build a long term improvement of this club

It won't be an old-school manager. Will be more of a head coach in the modern style to go with the overall structure.
It can’t, and it won’t be… if we do bring in a Pulis, Warnock, Alardyce ty on 10:08 - Dec 5 with 3488 viewsGuthrum

It can’t, and it won’t be… if we do bring in a Pulis, Warnock, Alardyce ty on 10:01 - Dec 5 by PhilTWTD

It won't be an old-school manager. Will be more of a head coach in the modern style to go with the overall structure.

That is, for me, a good thing. We've seen several times that modern managers are not equipped to be the all-powerful controllers of the club that Robson, Ramsey and their contemporaries were.

As mentioned on another thread, I do wonder if Reid is effectively in the Director of Football role.

It can’t, and it won’t be… if we do bring in a Pulis, Warnock, Alardyce ty on 10:09 - Dec 5 with 3453 viewsHerbivore

It can’t, and it won’t be… if we do bring in a Pulis, Warnock, Alardyce ty on 10:01 - Dec 5 by PhilTWTD

Who's your money on, Phil?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It can’t, and it won’t be… if we do bring in a Pulis, Warnock, Alardyce ty on 10:09 - Dec 5 with 3449 viewsWickets

Phil did PC 's sacking come as a surprise to you or when did you first think something was going on ?
It can’t, and it won’t be… if we do bring in a Pulis, Warnock, Alardyce ty on 10:30 - Dec 5 with 3178 viewsRyorry

It can’t, and it won’t be… if we do bring in a Pulis, Warnock, Alardyce ty on 09:54 - Dec 5 by unstableblue

"…. Even as a ‘stop gap’ to ‘steady the ship’ you know that we are being very badly run and that the owners/leadership do not understand the club or the fans"

Eh? Did you mean "you *would* know (if Warnock were appointed) - because whilst your first para in original OP applied to ME, it certainly doesn't to Gamechanger.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

It can’t, and it won’t be… if we do bring in a Pulis, Warnock, Alardyce ty on 10:34 - Dec 5 with 3107 viewsRyorry

Thank heavens for that and new owners who are capable of objectively assessing situations, then making intelligent plans. 'Old school' hasn't worked for us in 15 years.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Alert Alert Alert on 10:37 - Dec 5 with 3057 viewsunstableblue

“To go with overall structure”

We don’t have a structure currently in place to bring in a head coach Phil?!

You have a large fitness and player performance team brought in from Bristol City (a failing team at Bristol) and you have Mark Ashton, a man whi should not influence player and football side dealings given track record

There is no technical or footballing director a la Norwich or Brentford for a head coach to report into

Phil - this sounds very very worrying to me - what structure are you referring to

Alert Alert Alert on 10:42 - Dec 5 with 2968 viewsSwansea_Blue

Alert Alert Alert on 10:37 - Dec 5 by unstableblue

“To go with overall structure”

We don’t have a structure currently in place to bring in a head coach Phil?!

You have a large fitness and player performance team brought in from Bristol City (a failing team at Bristol) and you have Mark Ashton, a man whi should not influence player and football side dealings given track record

There is no technical or footballing director a la Norwich or Brentford for a head coach to report into

Phil - this sounds very very worrying to me - what structure are you referring to

Peter Reid presumably? I'm broadly with you on this as I wasn't aware of us having got the football direction quite sorted behind the scenes, but maybe we have and Reid is a big part of that setup. Ashton clearly sees himself as being involved in the footballing decisions so, again maybe, they think they've got the Football Director boxes ticked between them? Just guessing of course.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

it’s Warnock on 10:45 - Dec 5 with 2914 viewsnodge_blue

it’s Warnock on 09:41 - Dec 5 by StokieBlue

SB

If it was till the end of the season we could do alot worse.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Alert Alert Alert on 10:48 - Dec 5 with 2857 viewsunstableblue

Alert Alert Alert on 10:42 - Dec 5 by Swansea_Blue

Peter Reid presumably? I'm broadly with you on this as I wasn't aware of us having got the football direction quite sorted behind the scenes, but maybe we have and Reid is a big part of that setup. Ashton clearly sees himself as being involved in the footballing decisions so, again maybe, they think they've got the Football Director boxes ticked between them? Just guessing of course.

It’s very concerning Swansea

Firstly I think Peter Reid was Cooks consultant and not Ashtons and I suspect he will leave.

Also he’s not a fit for purpose modern Technical/Footballing director

Secondly, you don’t just create a new management system at a club, it needs real vision, directions and execution. The critical appointment is the Technical / Footballing director who in turn works to bring in an appropriate coach… that director is the interim defining an entire footballing strategy

We have Andy Rolls and a few men in black and Ashton

If Ashton is heavily involved in footballing matters I would be very very concerned given his track record, which has been disastrous

We are not currently in a position to pick only one element of a new structure

I would interested to see who Manning is working for at MK

I genuinely feel Town fans have sleep walked into a moment of very significant risk
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 10:50]

It can’t, and it won’t be… if we do bring in a Pulis, Warnock, Alardyce ty on 10:50 - Dec 5 with 2827 viewsArnieM

…. That’s Daniel Farke then and he’s available and living up the road . He’s a good record in the Championship, just no good in PL

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

it’s Warnock on 10:52 - Dec 5 with 2798 viewsFixed_It

I know how reliable your source is.

Next.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024