Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What did fans expect ? 11:08 - Dec 5 with 1209 viewsHARRY10

We sold out to a dodgy bunch, backed by US money. That money has to be repaid, with interest.

It was clear, after struggling to beat bottom of the table Crewe, losing to Arsenal kids and failing miserably against L2 Barrow that it was not working for Cook. Could it have worked? Could he have turned it around ? Very doubtful, but with the type of owners we now have, there was never going to be the chance to find out.

I am still at a loss to know how the £50m plus will be returned by promotion to the Championship, as the £6m plus TV money will easily be eaten up by higher wages and strengthening the squad.

Whatever noises may have come out previously about being in for the long term, this sacking has shown they are not. That should be where the concern should lie. Cook and his bunch of merry 'scallies' will not be on the breadline.

And we should now be aware that it is a return on that money put up that is the imperative, not success for the club per se.

If you sup with the devil, use a long spoon.

What did fans expect ? on 11:10 - Dec 5 with 1158 viewschrismakin

Didn't Westham sell 27% of the club for 170 Mill?

That's where the pension guys will want to get to.

Poss not to that level. But Brett etc talked about investors alot.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

What did fans expect ? on 11:25 - Dec 5 with 1098 viewsHARRY10

What did fans expect ? on 11:10 - Dec 5 by chrismakin

Didn't Westham sell 27% of the club for 170 Mill?

That's where the pension guys will want to get to.

Poss not to that level. But Brett etc talked about investors alot.

We are way below that level, and what happens in between ? Will the new owners happily keep putting up money, with no return ?

I am sure the visit v Sunderland was supposed to be one of triumphal acclaim, not an acknowledgement that they have failed.

Our season could be as good as over by the time they take the applause from the crowd.
What did fans expect ? on 11:34 - Dec 5 with 1053 viewsFightingEssex

As opposed to having a ownership happy to lose £10mil a year so long as it wasn’t any more than that … at least this lot actually want to see a return on their investment, if that puts us 7th in the Championship before selling, I am absolutely fine with that. The message is clear to players and managers, deliver, or you are out.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

What did fans expect ? on 11:37 - Dec 5 with 1031 viewsRegencyBlue

As opposed to what, continuation of the long slow lingering death being inflicted on us by Evans?

We are in the 21st Century and nobody is going to buy a Club to lose money. Our new owners mean business and the decisive action taken yesterday proves that.

I thought Cook would get the season and wanted him to succeed but recent performances have generally been poor. He was backed by the owners and was unfortunately coming up short.
What did fans expect ? on 12:19 - Dec 5 with 949 viewsIllinoisblue

What did fans expect ? on 11:25 - Dec 5 by HARRY10

We are way below that level, and what happens in between ? Will the new owners happily keep putting up money, with no return ?

I am sure the visit v Sunderland was supposed to be one of triumphal acclaim, not an acknowledgement that they have failed.

Our season could be as good as over by the time they take the applause from the crowd.

If you owe a bank 10 grand it’s your problem. If you owe a bank 10 million it’s their problem.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What did fans expect ? on 13:15 - Dec 5 with 840 viewsSwansea_Blue

Their investment will be returned as and when they sell the club I imagine. That's why we were an attractive proposition being down in L1.

They've even talked about their exit strategy, so nobody shouldn't be under an illusions that they're in it for the long haul. They want to turn us into a better outfit on the pitch, get us promoted and overhaul things off the pitch too to make us an more sellable asset.

There's nothing particularly unusual about what's happening to us.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What did fans expect ? on 13:58 - Dec 5 with 640 viewsStewart27

Just counting how many times you’ve contradicted yourself there.
What did fans expect ? on 14:10 - Dec 5 with 599 viewsghostofescobar

Incredible how much twaddle can be shoehorned into one posting. Well done.

GhostOfEscobar

Login to get fewer ads

What did fans expect ? on 14:19 - Dec 5 with 546 viewsChurchman

I’m pleased you felt comfortable watching the club slowly die under Evans. I mean, all that conscientiousness, care and attention he put into the club. Shiny turnstiles, box of smart price grass seed every year - god we were lucky. A slow graceful slide to the Conference. Marvellous. Thank you Marcus. You deserve a statue.

Yes, the takeover carries a risk. It also potentially carries a reward. I was and am happy to see that risk taken. If it succeeds they’ll sell the club in a far better place than it is now. If it fails and they pull out, the club will be bought by somebody else or fold. Since under Evans it was going anyway, it’s a no lose gamble for me.

If the sacking of Cook is about not meeting the standards Gamechanger, Ashton and O’Leary have been on about, fine. Given how poor we’ve been, Cook can hardly feel hard done by.

If you have a programme of projects, which ITFC is, and a key part isn’t happening, you do something about it and that’s what they appear to have done. They need to get the next appointment right.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 14:20]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024