Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook's purchases and a new manager 13:28 - Dec 5 with 2937 viewsmonty_radio

Stuart Watson mentions that some of Cook's signings may well feel apprehensive. Presumably the timing of the sacking was influenced, among other things by the approach of the transfer window.

Obviously it's going to depend on who the new man is, but what are our thoughts on who might be moved on and who definitely retained. Very few have staked an indisputable claim (and two who have are loans) so who might have cause for concern?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 13:33 - Dec 5 with 2862 viewsjayessess

I think when you've been collectively bad enough to get the manager the sack, you've all got to wondering about the next guy.

I think Lee Evans, Toto Nsiala and Bailey Clements are probably the 3 regulars who'd be looking over their shoulder.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 13:33 - Dec 5 with 2852 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It's a very good squad, the turnover will be minimal.

Arguably the players are suited to a different formation.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 13:38 - Dec 5 with 2757 viewsIllinoisblue

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 13:33 - Dec 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

Good squad, average team. If the new guy can fix that we’ll be in good shape.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 13:50 - Dec 5 with 2667 viewsmonty_radio

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 13:33 - Dec 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

Though it's possible to think that if a new man identifies, say, what many have already observed that we need a proper midfield enforcer which nether Evans nor Morsey have so far proved to be, then some player/s may have to be sold to pay for it.

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 13:52 - Dec 5 with 2627 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I'd have thought Morsy and Chaplin will want to move on if we don't get up at the end of the season. Been very clear they were here for Cook.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 13:54 - Dec 5 with 2598 viewsjayessess

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 13:52 - Dec 5 by JammyDodgerrr

I'd have thought Morsy and Chaplin will want to move on if we don't get up at the end of the season. Been very clear they were here for Cook.

They might want to, but think it'll be tough for them to get the move they want on the back of their current form.

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 13:55 - Dec 5 with 2588 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

They'll soon forget cook.

Also Cook didn't really use Chaplin to his best.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 13:55 - Dec 5 with 2568 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 13:50 - Dec 5 by monty_radio

Though it's possible to think that if a new man identifies, say, what many have already observed that we need a proper midfield enforcer which nether Evans nor Morsey have so far proved to be, then some player/s may have to be sold to pay for it.

Yes, but that's very minimal turnover.

Login to get fewer ads

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 14:36 - Dec 5 with 2359 viewsIllinoisblue

Cook wasn’t signing their pay cheques. They’ll soon get over it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 14:43 - Dec 5 with 2299 viewsChrisd

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 13:55 - Dec 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

Yes, but that's very minimal turnover.

Still feels there’s a few positions that need looking at: CM, CB, LB, LW. The players that have had their opportunity haven’t really grasped it. Whether that might change under a new manager, playing a new formation who knows? But for me, those positions are weak areas of the pitch for us currently.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 14:50 - Dec 5 with 2240 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A lot will depend on the system preferred by the new manager but most would give the players a chance and effectively a clean slate.

Those who might get more of a chance would include Pigott, Jackson and El Mizouni. I think Walton, Morsy, Edmondson and Bonne (assuming he doesn't get recalled) will be fairly secure.

I think Norwood is on his way out and Kenlock, Holy and Hladky would be quite likely to go too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 14:56 - Dec 5 with 2192 viewsmonty_radio

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 14:50 - Dec 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

A lot will depend on the system preferred by the new manager but most would give the players a chance and effectively a clean slate.

Those who might get more of a chance would include Pigott, Jackson and El Mizouni. I think Walton, Morsy, Edmondson and Bonne (assuming he doesn't get recalled) will be fairly secure.

I think Norwood is on his way out and Kenlock, Holy and Hladky would be quite likely to go too.

that would mean a keeper - presumably one that could provide a realistic challenge for the permanent spot if our remaining goalie was a loanee.

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 16:40 - Dec 5 with 1881 viewsistanblue

Despite having a large squad, we definitely need reinforcements. Bailey Clements at LB isn't gonna be part of a promotion-winning team (sorry to say), likewise Nsiala at CB. Could do with another CM as well. Will be interesting to see what happens with Bonne. Started like a train and is now struggling for goals. If I was Ashton, no way would I be paying over £1m for him.
Cook's purchases and a new manager on 16:51 - Dec 5 with 1794 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 14:56 - Dec 5 by monty_radio

that would mean a keeper - presumably one that could provide a realistic challenge for the permanent spot if our remaining goalie was a loanee.

If we were relying on Hladky or Holy to play regularly we would need a huge improvement from what they have shown this season. We either need a different back up or a coach that can get them doing far better.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 17:01 - Dec 5 with 1727 viewsbrushhand

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 13:50 - Dec 5 by monty_radio

we have nobody who bosses the midfield, many teams have simply gone straight through us .
our midfield is the area that most needs sorting out.
Cook's purchases and a new manager on 17:08 - Dec 5 with 1646 viewsKropotkin123

We didn't get a marquee CD. That much is obvious by the names mentioned at the start of the summer window and the timing of our CB signings.

I doubt Wilson would have been let go, had our current roster been what we were expecting at the start of that window.

The only proper disaster has been Hladky. The rest may perform better under a new manager. Some may lose their place to new recruits.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 17:23 - Dec 5 with 1586 viewsDavoIPB

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 13:55 - Dec 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

They'll soon forget cook.

Also Cook didn't really use Chaplin to his best.

Yeah Morsy was a bit like. We let cook down but we move on. Cook isn't the only manager he has played for.
Cook's purchases and a new manager on 17:39 - Dec 5 with 1502 viewsbluejacko

Pity they didn’t show it then! Moray pops up and says they could have done more speaks volumes doesn’t it?
Cook's purchases and a new manager on 18:55 - Dec 5 with 1288 viewsrfretwell

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 17:39 - Dec 5 by bluejacko

Pity they didn’t show it then! Moray pops up and says they could have done more speaks volumes doesn’t it?

Rakheem Harper has disappointed when i've seen him play. Erratic with his passing and is well down the pecking order now.
Cook's purchases and a new manager on 18:59 - Dec 5 with 1257 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Aren't we supposed to be looking for a head coach rather than a manager? He'll get what he's given

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 19:07 - Dec 5 with 1219 viewsrfretwell

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 17:39 - Dec 5 by bluejacko

Rakheem Harper has disappointed when i've seen him play. Erratic with his passing and is well down the pecking order now.
Cook's purchases and a new manager on 19:10 - Dec 5 with 1202 viewsblueislander

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 18:59 - Dec 5 by BlueandTruesince82

Aren't we supposed to be looking for a head coach rather than a manager? He'll get what he's given

Did I imagine it ,is McGreal the caretaker manager?

I hope that whoever is in charge is a bit more forthcoming on injured players. I would like to know how long Burns and Coulsen are going to be unavailable.
Cook's purchases and a new manager on 19:14 - Dec 5 with 1175 viewsMullet

Hladky may find himself back at Salford if they need him or somewhere else a la Donacien

I'd assume Kenlock, Nolan, Norwood will go.

I can't imagine a viable deal for someone who's been massively undercooked like Evans, but all three areas of the pitch might see a shake up as the new man will presumably have a clear idea on a system/style and who fits that better than others.

Perhaps the loanees might go back in some cases to free up money but it's hard to know who would do well by moving out without fighting for a place in the team, until we know whose team it will be.

If I was Woolfenden though, I'd be chuffed McGreal was getting temporary charge.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 19:15 - Dec 5 with 1169 viewsjayessess

Cook's purchases and a new manager on 19:07 - Dec 5 by rfretwell

All bets off with a new coach though. Harper's clearly got technical and physical attributes, plus youth on his side, who knows what his ceiling might be with the right mentor. There will be a few like that - Woolfenden another maybe.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024