Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am surprised... 15:31 - Dec 5 with 502 viewsOriginalMarkyP

by the people who think those of us who were vocal on here about our discontent actually got Cook sacked or majorly contributed to it.

Really? Gamechanger run by crowd sourcing opinion!

Er, no.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

I am surprised... on 15:35 - Dec 5 with 467 viewsMullet

This definitely needed a thread where acting like the tiny handful of the clueless gobsh1tes was the order of the day.

Cook got himself sacked. They get what they deserve for buying into him over the club, but there’s no winners here. We are still in this sh1t league, we are miles off and need to make good on the money spent, effort put in and actually having an ounce of the ambition that was moaned about for years.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I am surprised... on 15:43 - Dec 5 with 401 viewsHerbivore

A small group of fans were so sold on Cook as some kind of messiah that they totally lost all perspective. They kept deriding anyone who expressed concerns and. Claiming that we were out of step with the ownership, who fully backed Cook as part of a long term project. Now that this fiction they'd created for themselves has been shown up for what it is, they are struggling to deal with it. Rather than admit that perhaps they'd read things wrong, both in how highly they rated Cook and in interpreting the intentions of the board, it's easier for them to instead blame the fans who expressed concerns. Much easier to still think you're right and make similarly fictitious, outlandish claims about fan influence on board decisions than it is to hold your hands up and acknowledge that you called it wrong.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I am surprised... on 16:13 - Dec 5 with 315 viewsWickets

I am surprised... on 15:43 - Dec 5 by Herbivore

A small group of fans were so sold on Cook as some kind of messiah that they totally lost all perspective. They kept deriding anyone who expressed concerns and. Claiming that we were out of step with the ownership, who fully backed Cook as part of a long term project. Now that this fiction they'd created for themselves has been shown up for what it is, they are struggling to deal with it. Rather than admit that perhaps they'd read things wrong, both in how highly they rated Cook and in interpreting the intentions of the board, it's easier for them to instead blame the fans who expressed concerns. Much easier to still think you're right and make similarly fictitious, outlandish claims about fan influence on board decisions than it is to hold your hands up and acknowledge that you called it wrong.

And TBH most people who have a bit of insight into Cook's management will have been a little concered regards what was going on . The alarm bells started to ring for me with the substitutions at home game with MK Dons was it , i said so at the time .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024