Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Manager 16:28 - Dec 5 with 1361 viewsgazzer1999

I think Mowbray and Venus are what we need now, a proven team that have worked together for years. He is an ex player which means he gets time with the supporters. Would he come? ask the question to find out, he could do for us like our promotion year when George had to bring him back when we faltered. There has often been rumours that he would not come back while Evans was here, well that has now gone.
I would have liked Kieron to have been involved in some way but he needs to look after himself and not put himself into harms way and ensure he stays well. I do still think Mogga would still find a role for him with the first team though.
What ever else we need to aim higher than a current out of work manager or 3rd division journeyman. If that be someone from abroad so be it, I rather like the way the Dutch play their football, but I am from an era that saw some great Dutchman.
Next Manager on 16:30 - Dec 5 with 1345 viewsCheltenham_Blue

No chance at all. Mowbray is wedded to the North East. Owners have been clear that anyone coming into the club has to move to Ipswich.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Next Manager on 16:31 - Dec 5 with 1333 viewsgazzer1999

Next Manager on 16:30 - Dec 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

No chance at all. Mowbray is wedded to the North East. Owners have been clear that anyone coming into the club has to move to Ipswich.

Remind me again where his wife hails from?
Next Manager on 16:34 - Dec 5 with 1292 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I really don't think we can get Mogga. It would be a massive coup if we did.

If we can't then we should be looking for the next Mogga and Venus combination. It is about people with the wisdom, people skills, tactical nous and willingness to take good advice. Maybe that would be Manning and his coaching staff. I don't know enough about them to know. Maybe McGreal with the right coaches around him - his record at Colchester doesn't excite but it isn't about what they have done as much as what they can do in the future.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Next Manager on 16:36 - Dec 5 with 1268 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Next Manager on 16:31 - Dec 5 by gazzer1999

You're suggesting he does what he's told?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Next Manager on 16:36 - Dec 5 with 1268 viewsFixed_It

And remind me, geographically, where Blackburn is!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Next Manager on 16:48 - Dec 5 with 1201 viewsclive_baker

They’re 4th in the Championship. Why on earth would they come to us?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Next Manager on 16:52 - Dec 5 with 1169 viewsJ2BLUE

Next Manager on 16:48 - Dec 5 by clive_baker

Some of the suggestions have been outright delusional.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Next Manager on 16:56 - Dec 5 with 1134 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This and the suggestion he is happy geographically plus the fact Blackburn stuck with him when things were not going smoothly all make me agree 100% with you. I think there is no chance we could get him in.

That said, I don't think many would have expected us to have been able to sign some of the players we have managed to get in. Mogga's love for the club and the prospect of being backed in the Championship as well as at this level just make me wonder if there could be a very remote chance. I doubt it, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Next Manager on 16:57 - Dec 5 with 1117 viewsfooters

Next Manager on 16:52 - Dec 5 by J2BLUE

Nuno could do a job here...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Next Manager on 17:07 - Dec 5 with 1053 viewsTHAILAND_BLUE

I'd like to see Poyet and Tarrico. Loads of experience and still fairly young.
Next Manager on 17:09 - Dec 5 with 1038 viewsChurchman

Spot on. He would be insane to leave high in the Championship Blackburn for lower league, hire and fire, mid table us. He’s clearly regarded highly there. How long would he get here? Cook got 4 months with his own team, so if Mowbray rocked up tomorrow, he would presumably get to the end of the season to deliver.

Other than his wife’s connection with the area, I cannot think of one reason why he’d want to come here.
Next Manager on 17:19 - Dec 5 with 976 viewsgazzer1999

Next Manager on 17:09 - Dec 5 by Churchman

Spot on. He would be insane to leave high in the Championship Blackburn for lower league, hire and fire, mid table us. He’s clearly regarded highly there. How long would he get here? Cook got 4 months with his own team, so if Mowbray rocked up tomorrow, he would presumably get to the end of the season to deliver.

Other than his wife’s connection with the area, I cannot think of one reason why he’d want to come here.

around 19.30mins in.
Next Manager on 17:38 - Dec 5 with 886 viewsChurchman

Next Manager on 17:19 - Dec 5 by gazzer1999

around 19.30mins in.

If it was the same club as 2000, you might have a point.

Since then it has been bankrupted (thanks Sheepshanks), hollowed out (thanks saviour Marcus), lost its status, reputation, staff, values, culture - just about everything of value. Only a crumbling old stadium and a badge remain. Hopefully the owners might recover it in time. The new structure is a good start, but I still can’t see why Mowbray would chuck away a really good job for a who knows hire and fire one.

The same applies to the MK Dons bloke and anyone in a job in the top three divisions.
Next Manager on 17:39 - Dec 5 with 885 viewsDavoIPB

Yeah but he moved here straight after to he loss of his first wife and it brings painful memories.
Next Manager on 17:49 - Dec 5 with 837 viewsgazzer1999

Next Manager on 17:19 - Dec 5 by gazzer1999

around 19.30mins in.

Guys watch this video and game changer if you watch things this is what ITFC is about. I challenge any true supporter not to get their hairs on their neck not to stand up, Marcus Stewart, Mogga the last minute of this is what we are about. The last period of true players playing for our great club.
George was a link from Sir Bobby, Mogga would be a link from George's time, he really is the only one who should be considered and we should offer him a great deal to come here.
Next Manager on 17:49 - Dec 5 with 837 viewsIllinoisblue

Next Manager on 17:09 - Dec 5 by Churchman

But Blackburn are surely at their ceiling. They’ll always be a club with 12k fans. If he’s ambitious he would want to work at a bigger club.

On the other hand, he’s probably settled in the area, lives in a nice northern village and is financially set for life.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Next Manager on 17:54 - Dec 5 with 803 viewsChurchman

Next Manager on 17:49 - Dec 5 by Illinoisblue

But Blackburn are surely at their ceiling. They’ll always be a club with 12k fans. If he’s ambitious he would want to work at a bigger club.

On the other hand, he’s probably settled in the area, lives in a nice northern village and is financially set for life.

You are right of course. Your second paragraph is interesting. I think as supporters we forget that these people have lives to lead outside the club, partners, family etc and sometimes just like where they are. It’s one of the reasons ex players often stay in the Suffolk area.

If we could find a way to get Mowbray in I’d be well happy with that. I just can’t see it.
Next Manager on 19:20 - Dec 5 with 614 viewsBoxerdogblue

Next Manager on 16:52 - Dec 5 by J2BLUE

It may well be a bit delusional to think that Mowbray would come back,but this is the sort of ambition we should be showing and sure as hell wouldn't hurt to ask as he's clearly the best man for the job by far..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024