Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... 20:26 - Dec 5 with 2456 viewsOriginalMarkyP

...will be about as extensive as the search you have for your three-year-old when playing hide and seek?

Oh, well he isn't here...
And, he isn't over there...
Nope, not under the table...
Now where he could he be???

Oh look, BEHIND THE CURTAIN! There you are!!

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 20:28 - Dec 5 with 1958 viewstractordownsouth

I'm fully expecting it to be McGreal permanently.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 20:30 - Dec 5 with 1920 viewsitfcsuth

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 20:28 - Dec 5 by tractordownsouth

I sincerely hope not. Has achieved nothing as manager to believe he would be successful.

League 2 play-off semi final defeat I believe is his biggest managerial achievement.

I love JM, and loved him as player, but this isn’t the job for him.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 20:30]
Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 20:31 - Dec 5 with 1893 viewsfactual_blue

I suspect many parents would, at least on occasions, decide not to look for their child who is playing hide and seek.

#ashortperiodofpeaceandquiet
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 20:32]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 20:32 - Dec 5 with 1874 viewshomer_123

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 20:31 - Dec 5 by factual_blue

I suspect many parents would, at least on occasions, decide not to look for their child who is playing hide and seek.

Nope...never done that

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 20:33 - Dec 5 with 1866 viewsOsborneOneNil

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 20:28 - Dec 5 by tractordownsouth

Not a chance.

Well, tbf, who knows! But I’d imagine it’ll be somehow slightly higher profile. Of a stop gap (like McGreal or Colin).
Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 20:33 - Dec 5 with 1859 viewspositivity

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 20:32 - Dec 5 by homer_123

Nope...never done that

nope never, my kids were just *really* good at hiding!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 20:34 - Dec 5 with 1857 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

It will be Appleton

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 20:38 - Dec 5 with 1791 viewschrismakin

I think we might see mcgreal until summer, seasons dead isn't it?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 20:40 - Dec 5 with 1771 viewsBondiBlue

I'm not fully expecting it but the timing of his appointment and ashton's comment about no-one being lined up suggests a plan to give him a bit of time to prove himself. I hope it works out.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 20:40 - Dec 5 with 1757 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 20:32 - Dec 5 by homer_123

Nope...never done that

I'll take that as a 'yes, it's a fair cop Facters'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 20:42 - Dec 5 with 1731 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 20:38 - Dec 5 by chrismakin

I think McGreal interim.

New man announced to coincide with the owners coming over for #PackoutPR

He then gets the January transfer window.

Never going to give a window to an interim manager.

Think it might be Yallop. Not sure I want Yallop.

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 20:42 - Dec 5 with 1728 viewshomer_123

Play offs are not completely out of the question. That's why they acted now...gives an incoming an opportunity of rescuing the season.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 20:42 - Dec 5 with 1726 viewsclive_baker

I certainly don’t think he’s joined to assist the u23’s long term, that’s for sure.

My hope is that it was a ‘look, come in and cover on an interim basis when we move PC on, and we’ll take it from there’ type agreement, which I imagine it was. I would anticipate he’ll take charge in the short term which will effectively act like a trial period, with a search ongoing concurrently. I don’t really want him, his style is a touch basic, but i guess if he’s made permanent then by definition he must’ve done well as interim, which of course would be good.

Feels a bit of a mess to me. Might as well have given Cook Charlton and Wigan, lined someone up and got them in a week tomorrow in time for the POPR games if that’s the route we’re going down. That would suggest they might see McGreal as having the potential to go perm.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 20:44 - Dec 5 with 1698 viewspositivity

how can the season be dead?

we're seven points off the top 6 with more than half the season to go

apparently we have the league's strongest squad, which any old fool can instantly galvanise into a winning machine

and we're in the hat for the fa cup 3rd round for the first time in 4 years!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 20:52 - Dec 5 with 1596 viewsVic

I doubt it, and certainly hope not. If the owners and Ashton are true to form they’ll be aiming high, and probably for someone with a Bristol City connection!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 20:52 - Dec 5 with 1593 viewsFPL_Tractor

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 20:31 - Dec 5 by factual_blue

I think my kid began to suspect me at around two hours.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 20:58 - Dec 5 with 1519 viewsdavblue

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 20:34 - Dec 5 by TRUE_BLUE123

It will be Appleton

I wonder if he will be deemed a little risky due to him having a tumour removed earlier on this year.

I might be way off but it must be a slight concern even though he's had the all clear.

Im not totally enamoured with that appointment if it does come to pass.
Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 21:02 - Dec 5 with 1470 viewsGuthrum

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 20:42 - Dec 5 by OriginalMarkyP

I think McGreal interim.

New man announced to coincide with the owners coming over for #PackoutPR

He then gets the January transfer window.

Never going to give a window to an interim manager.

Think it might be Yallop. Not sure I want Yallop.

Not sure about Yallop, but the rest is likely to be spot on. Tho we might be surprised by someone else as caretaker (Dyer? Klug?).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 21:07 - Dec 5 with 1423 viewsjas0999

Serious trouble if it is. Achieved nothing.
Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 21:15 - Dec 5 with 1336 viewsChurchman

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 20:52 - Dec 5 by Vic

I doubt it, and certainly hope not. If the owners and Ashton are true to form they’ll be aiming high, and probably for someone with a Bristol City connection!

How about Nigel Pearson? He recruited him at Bristol City. Perhaps it was lined up a few months ago? I love a completely baseless conspiracy theory!
Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 21:54 - Dec 5 with 1133 viewsChocorange

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 20:52 - Dec 5 by Vic

High as on the map of England?

Sunderland is near the top of the map! 😂
[Redacted] on 22:26 - Dec 5 with 1017 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 22:30 - Dec 5 with 987 viewsOriginalMarkyP

[Redacted] on 22:26 - Dec 5 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

That wasn't my point.

My point was Ashton knows exactly who he's replacing Cook with before he even got rid of him.

The 'extensive search' is just media speak bollox. The search isn't being started, it's already been done.

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 22:34 - Dec 5 with 963 viewsBondiBlue

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 22:30 - Dec 5 by OriginalMarkyP

That wasn't my point.

My point was Ashton knows exactly who he's replacing Cook with before he even got rid of him.

The 'extensive search' is just media speak bollox. The search isn't being started, it's already been done.

In that case, no need for mcgreal as a caretaker. New manager announced monday.

I think ashton might actually be semi-genuine. The mcgreal appointment is surely as a caretaker manager.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Anyone think Ashton's 'extensive search'... on 22:36 - Dec 5 with 955 viewseireblue

“ I can see, by Christmas, us having four or five people in that recruitment department who are both data driven and scouting driven.”

Whoever it is will need to work within Ashton’s vision for the club structure.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024