Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
wow what a gp 21:12 - Dec 5 with 779 viewsTrequartista

F1 just gets better and better whilst modern football gets more and more tedious.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

wow what a gp on 21:13 - Dec 5 with 769 viewswkj

Hold that thought until next week. Stage is set for a deliberate Vestappen crash into hamilton from the off.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

wow what a gp on 21:15 - Dec 5 with 739 viewsPlums

If you’re into it, I agree. If you’re a casual observer, I imagine all the stop-start stuff in this one was a real turn off. It was a race for the technocrats and F1 nerds.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

wow what a gp on 21:19 - Dec 5 with 711 viewsTrequartista

wow what a gp on 21:13 - Dec 5 by wkj

Hold that thought until next week. Stage is set for a deliberate Vestappen crash into hamilton from the off.

Think they put a stop to the Senna/Prost days when Schumacher tried it and got all his season points taken away.

Verstappen has already been putting his car in a position where Hamilton has to back off to avoid collision for several weeks now, so there is still an advantage.

wow what a gp on 21:21 - Dec 5 with 696 viewsTrequartista

wow what a gp on 21:15 - Dec 5 by Plums

If you’re into it, I agree. If you’re a casual observer, I imagine all the stop-start stuff in this one was a real turn off. It was a race for the technocrats and F1 nerds.

Agree to a point - too much riding on decisions made by race director and stewards, but still plenty happening on track.

wow what a gp on 21:25 - Dec 5 with 678 viewsStokieBlue

wow what a gp on 21:13 - Dec 5 by wkj

Great entertainment today, although not such a good race.

The whole household enjoyed it.

Max is pushing it too far now, he's getting into the area where he could hurt someone, intentionally risking collisions every time you're overtaken even when the other driver has earnt the corner (ahead into the corner) it going to result in something nasty.

He's clearly going to try and take Lewis out next week if they are still level on points after the investigation.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

wow what a gp on 21:51 - Dec 5 with 613 viewsTrequartista

wow what a gp on 21:25 - Dec 5 by StokieBlue

Great entertainment today, although not such a good race.

The whole household enjoyed it.

Max is pushing it too far now, he's getting into the area where he could hurt someone, intentionally risking collisions every time you're overtaken even when the other driver has earnt the corner (ahead into the corner) it going to result in something nasty.

He's clearly going to try and take Lewis out next week if they are still level on points after the investigation.

SB

I'm still puzzled as to why Verstappen had to give a place back (twice?) *and* received a 5 second penalty. Were they for different incidents?

wow what a gp on 21:56 - Dec 5 with 576 viewsStokieBlue

wow what a gp on 21:51 - Dec 5 by Trequartista

I'm still puzzled as to why Verstappen had to give a place back (twice?) *and* received a 5 second penalty. Were they for different incidents?

Well the first time he didn't give the place back, he half gave it back and then made sure he could overtake immediately. Palmer on the radio and Brundle on Sky both thought it was totally out of order.

The second time he took ages to give it back and then did his bizarre slowdown in front of the DRS so he could take it back again immediately, also out of order. I think he took too long that time to give it back so they just gave him a penalty?

Might have been a third time as well but can't remember.

Either way, his driving has been getting more and more erratic as the season progresses. He's obviously very good and very quick but he's also very petulant and probably unacceptably aggressive given the rules in place.

SB

wow what a gp on 22:00 - Dec 5 with 555 viewsTractorFrog

It’s the first time since 1974 the top two have gone into the final race of the season level on points. Perhaps the greatest season ever.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Login to get fewer ads

wow what a gp on 22:01 - Dec 5 with 553 viewsTrequartista

wow what a gp on 21:56 - Dec 5 by StokieBlue

Well the first time he didn't give the place back, he half gave it back and then made sure he could overtake immediately. Palmer on the radio and Brundle on Sky both thought it was totally out of order.

The second time he took ages to give it back and then did his bizarre slowdown in front of the DRS so he could take it back again immediately, also out of order. I think he took too long that time to give it back so they just gave him a penalty?

Might have been a third time as well but can't remember.

Either way, his driving has been getting more and more erratic as the season progresses. He's obviously very good and very quick but he's also very petulant and probably unacceptably aggressive given the rules in place.

SB

Think you've got the second time and the first time out of order. I think the first time was when they collided, second time he gave it up and took it back immediately, but i thought there was a third time when he did give it up. I can understand it being a penalty if it is taking too long, but in that case they shouldn't have kept telling him to give the place up. I can see you're not a fan of him, but i was trying to understand what actually happened.

wow what a gp on 22:03 - Dec 5 with 539 viewsStokieBlue

wow what a gp on 22:01 - Dec 5 by Trequartista

Think you've got the second time and the first time out of order. I think the first time was when they collided, second time he gave it up and took it back immediately, but i thought there was a third time when he did give it up. I can understand it being a penalty if it is taking too long, but in that case they shouldn't have kept telling him to give the place up. I can see you're not a fan of him, but i was trying to understand what actually happened.

Quite possibly I have them in the wrong order.

Red Bull came on the radio after he gave it up one time saying he didn't need to (guess because of the penalty).

I can appreciate he's very quick and talented. I simply don't like his attitude with regards to the rules or the safety of other drivers. When you have numerous former F1 drivers on various commentaries saying that he's out of order then something is clearly amiss.

He clearly tried to force a collision in Brazil when Hamilton had to go so far off the track because Max was 10m off the trace and nowhere near the apex. Lots of current drivers thought that was ridiculous and said they will adjust how they race accordingly. He's just willing to crash because he's in the lead and that's never something that's going to end well.

SB
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 22:04]

wow what a gp on 22:05 - Dec 5 with 517 viewsTrequartista

wow what a gp on 22:00 - Dec 5 by TractorFrog

It’s the first time since 1974 the top two have gone into the final race of the season level on points. Perhaps the greatest season ever.

I think SKY's coverage is excellent as well which helps. Brundle is magnificent, whilst Toto Wolf and Christian Horner have become stars in their own right.

wow what a gp on 22:40 - Dec 5 with 436 viewsStokieBlue

wow what a gp on 22:05 - Dec 5 by Trequartista

I think SKY's coverage is excellent as well which helps. Brundle is magnificent, whilst Toto Wolf and Christian Horner have become stars in their own right.

10 second time penalty for Max for his slow-down stunt. They confirmed he braked - should be a far worse punishment than that.

Utterly pointless and just means he will do something daft next week.

SB
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 22:45]

wow what a gp on 23:12 - Dec 5 with 394 viewsJDB23

Not sure about it getting better and better, feels like a football game that's descended into chaos because the ref has lost control. The FIA have been horrendous this year and F1 is now just an advertisement for the Netflix series.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024