Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Karl Robinson 07:58 - Dec 6 with 1763 viewsCrockerITFC

Is the man I'd go for, always gets players to play good stuff regardless of how cr@p the players are. Would be perfect
Karl Robinson on 07:59 - Dec 6 with 1737 viewsOsborneOneNil

Would prefer him to the apparent favourite, Appleton.
Karl Robinson on 08:00 - Dec 6 with 1729 viewsSomethingBlue

I'd be very happy with that, his teams are defensively well set up too and I think he's really come on as a coach — and still only 41. Be a big surprise if it happened though.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Karl Robinson on 08:22 - Dec 6 with 1591 viewsdavblue

Karl Robinson on 08:00 - Dec 6 by SomethingBlue

I'd be very happy with that, his teams are defensively well set up too and I think he's really come on as a coach — and still only 41. Be a big surprise if it happened though.

He's my preferred choice as a league 1 manager, he has a good track record and get's the structure of his teams right. Big question marks over his ability to get teams over the line though and his ability to manage a so called 'bigger team' but Charlton wasn't the best environment to go into. As a playing style, forget the game playing a few weeks ago, they are a good watch.
Karl Robinson on 08:27 - Dec 6 with 1551 viewsSomethingBlue

Karl Robinson on 08:22 - Dec 6 by davblue

He's my preferred choice as a league 1 manager, he has a good track record and get's the structure of his teams right. Big question marks over his ability to get teams over the line though and his ability to manage a so called 'bigger team' but Charlton wasn't the best environment to go into. As a playing style, forget the game playing a few weeks ago, they are a good watch.

Thinking about it, as I hadn't considered him greatly over the weekend, he is the ideal combination of "knows how to create a promotion-chasing L1 team" manager and "philosophy" manager with age and outlook on his side — which are basically the poles we are stuck between otherwise. You could well argue it makes him the best candidate by a long way — but I'm just not sure we could get him out of OUFC.

Karl Robinson on 08:29 - Dec 6 with 1525 viewsportmanking

Robinson would certainly be my choice too.

Clear philosophy, still in the young/hungry category, knows what it takes to get results at this level (even though Oxford have been very 'streaky' under him at times).

Strikes me as someone who would see ITFC as a big step up from OUFC in infrastructure/potential terms.
Karl Robinson on 08:30 - Dec 6 with 1514 viewsportmanking

Karl Robinson on 08:27 - Dec 6 by SomethingBlue

Thinking about it, as I hadn't considered him greatly over the weekend, he is the ideal combination of "knows how to create a promotion-chasing L1 team" manager and "philosophy" manager with age and outlook on his side — which are basically the poles we are stuck between otherwise. You could well argue it makes him the best candidate by a long way — but I'm just not sure we could get him out of OUFC.

My first choice by some distance, really. Re. getting him out of OUFC... tripling his salary and transfer budget would probably soften the blow?
Karl Robinson on 08:32 - Dec 6 with 1499 viewsdavblue

Karl Robinson on 08:27 - Dec 6 by SomethingBlue

although on the face of it an inferior manager to Paul Cook.

I'd be happy with him, but pretty unlikely i would have thought. As you say his teams are always in and around chasing promotion, he's not a gun for hire so would hopefully invest time in us, would we invest time with him though is the big question to all of this.
Karl Robinson on 08:35 - Dec 6 with 1453 viewsrickw

He was my pick when we got Cook (I didn't think we could get Cook!) however my 1 worry about getting him now is - is he different enough from Cook to get a reaction from the players???

I don't know who we should go for, I'm hoping for a left field appointment - a foreign coach who none of us have heard of who will turn out to be incredible!!!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Login to get fewer ads

Karl Robinson on 08:43 - Dec 6 with 1392 viewsSomethingBlue

Karl Robinson on 08:32 - Dec 6 by davblue

although on the face of it an inferior manager to Paul Cook.

I'd be happy with him, but pretty unlikely i would have thought. As you say his teams are always in and around chasing promotion, he's not a gun for hire so would hopefully invest time in us, would we invest time with him though is the big question to all of this.

Your last point is the thing — if we are looking for someone longer-term then whoever gets the job needs to have a sense that, barring an absolutely colossal fcuk-up, they have time to build beyond this season if we don't go up.

Karl Robinson on 08:45 - Dec 6 with 1377 viewsSomethingBlue

Karl Robinson on 08:35 - Dec 6 by rickw

He was my pick when we got Cook (I didn't think we could get Cook!) however my 1 worry about getting him now is - is he different enough from Cook to get a reaction from the players???

I don't know who we should go for, I'm hoping for a left field appointment - a foreign coach who none of us have heard of who will turn out to be incredible!!!

Foreign coach unlikely in L1 unless someone like Jokanovic feels desperate enough to get straight back in.

Karl Robinson on 08:59 - Dec 6 with 1288 viewsFtnfwest

Agree with that and certainly a massive preference over Appleton who i think it will be. Systems seem to be what's successful in L1 and even the championship to a degree - although Cook had one it did seem more of a case of assembling a good looking team in a fixed formation and asking them to trot off and win games without clear roles for each of them etc.
Karl Robinson on 09:14 - Dec 6 with 1212 viewsbracknell_blue

His teams know how to defend and manage a game. 'Nuff said.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Karl Robinson on 09:25 - Dec 6 with 1137 viewsPJH

I think he would be a good choice and is also a possibility. More likely than the other one that I would like, Neil Warnock.
[Redacted] on 09:42 - Dec 6 with 1039 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Karl Robinson on 09:53 - Dec 6 with 968 viewsDavoIPB

No, osrry. Not with his attitude, not at Ipswich. Was the one manager who really, really annoyed me when he was on the touch line. Took an instant dislike to him. Didn't seem to mind that his team cheated us out of a result.
Karl Robinson on 09:54 - Dec 6 with 954 viewsportmanking

Karl Robinson on 09:53 - Dec 6 by DavoIPB

No, osrry. Not with his attitude, not at Ipswich. Was the one manager who really, really annoyed me when he was on the touch line. Took an instant dislike to him. Didn't seem to mind that his team cheated us out of a result.

All the more reason to go for him if he rubbed a few people up the wrong way too.

Good blend of tactical flexibility/innovation, eye for a player, young enough to want to progress and a bit of a nasty streak.
[Redacted] on 10:00 - Dec 6 with 906 viewsvictorywilhappen

Karl Robinson on 09:53 - Dec 6 by DavoIPB

[Redacted]
Karl Robinson on 10:00 - Dec 6 with 896 viewsDavoIPB

Karl Robinson on 09:54 - Dec 6 by portmanking

All the more reason to go for him if he rubbed a few people up the wrong way too.

Good blend of tactical flexibility/innovation, eye for a player, young enough to want to progress and a bit of a nasty streak.

Not a massive fan of his attitude, found it unnecessary. Even Paul Cook tried to calm him down. You don't need that to be a successful football manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024