Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who actually sacked Cook then? 09:13 - Dec 6 with 2082 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

As proposed it initially and/or made the final decision? O' Leary? Ashton? Did the new owners approach those guys and say he has to go or the other way round? Or does Ashton have autonomy over stuff like this?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 09:17 - Dec 6 with 1677 viewsHerbivore

Badger proposed it, Mullet gave the green light.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 09:19 - Dec 6 with 1654 viewshoppy

I reckon it was MarkTWTD - he never hangs around, sets the expectation level and then carries out his task like a cool assassin.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 9:20]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

It was me…. on 09:19 - Dec 6 with 1656 viewsBloots

….Joe, Herbz etc, etc.

We are the power base at this club.

Probably worth you remembering that Dolly.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 09:20 - Dec 6 with 1630 viewstractorboy1978

It would have been a board decision and as 90% is owned by ORG, would have been Schwartz with the final say. Perhaps gives some context to what seemed a strangely timed visit a few weeks back?!
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 9:26]
Who actually sacked Cook then? on 09:27 - Dec 6 with 1516 viewsOriginalMarkyP

The results and performances made the decision.

Everyone else just had to carry it out.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 09:28 - Dec 6 with 1489 viewsFtnfwest

The 'team' visit in a couple of weeks i think suddenly took precedence, they wouldn't have wanted to be here in the middle of a crisis, which with another couple of poor results it would have been. At least even if the season really has gone by then, they have the one fall back of being able to welcome in the new manager (and their 'own man').
Who actually sacked Cook then? on 09:50 - Dec 6 with 1359 viewsDarth_Koont

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 09:28 - Dec 6 by Ftnfwest

The 'team' visit in a couple of weeks i think suddenly took precedence, they wouldn't have wanted to be here in the middle of a crisis, which with another couple of poor results it would have been. At least even if the season really has gone by then, they have the one fall back of being able to welcome in the new manager (and their 'own man').

Yep. I think that’s pretty much it.

While it isn’t a surprise that Cook is gone given we aren’t where we want to be, he has a usefulness as an Evans appointment that means the “project” can be protected.

Even if they have someone lined up, I wonder if the visit hastens the appointment or rather delays it so that the caretaker carries the can for any potential embarrassment while they’re here.

Pronouns: He/Him

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 09:55 - Dec 6 with 1304 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 09:17 - Dec 6 by Herbivore

I thought maybe it was what Blubbers' chat with Ashton was all about.

God I forgot about Blubbers. Imagine his crowing if he were still allowed on here. He must be like a rabid dog in a cage right now.

Login to get fewer ads

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 09:57 - Dec 6 with 1288 viewsDavoIPB

Clearly the board sacked him but after Ashton went to them with his concerns, thats how these things work. Ashton was responsible for Paul Cook, he was the next in command and as such would have had to report to the board his thoughts and observations. He said I have had discussions with the board. Also by his words he thanked Paul Cook for his work during the 'transitional phase'. Maybe, just maybe as a sign that Paul Cook was always going to be replaced.
Who actually sacked Cook then? on 09:58 - Dec 6 with 1259 viewsJ2BLUE

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 09:55 - Dec 6 by The_Flashing_Smile

God I forgot about Blubbers. Imagine his crowing if he were still allowed on here. He must be like a rabid dog in a cage right now.

He's probably busy preparing to turn on the new manager after fifteen minutes of their first game.

That is his identity now and he seems to thrive on it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 09:59 - Dec 6 with 1246 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 09:20 - Dec 6 by tractorboy1978

It would have been a board decision and as 90% is owned by ORG, would have been Schwartz with the final say. Perhaps gives some context to what seemed a strangely timed visit a few weeks back?!
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 9:26]

I don't think there was anything particularly strange about the timing of the visit. They weren't able to come before because of Covid, and getting them all to be available on a particular date would've been tricky anyway as busy businessmen. Sunderland's also one of the biggest draws in this division.

It was me…. on 10:00 - Dec 6 with 1226 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

It was me…. on 09:19 - Dec 6 by Bloots

….Joe, Herbz etc, etc.

Oh I know, that's why I'm always battling against you 3. I'm like the Rebellion and you're the evil Empire.

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 10:02 - Dec 6 with 1196 viewsDarth_Koont

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 09:57 - Dec 6 by DavoIPB

Clearly the board sacked him but after Ashton went to them with his concerns, thats how these things work. Ashton was responsible for Paul Cook, he was the next in command and as such would have had to report to the board his thoughts and observations. He said I have had discussions with the board. Also by his words he thanked Paul Cook for his work during the 'transitional phase'. Maybe, just maybe as a sign that Paul Cook was always going to be replaced.

It’s a “transitional phase” now to protect the project and those who remain. That wasn’t the message at the time – and maybe the cause of some of our issues.

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 10:04 - Dec 6 with 1152 viewsDarth_Koont

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 09:55 - Dec 6 by The_Flashing_Smile

He should take a leaf out of Rich’s book and do whatever the f*** Rich does away from here.

Out of sight, out of mind.

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 10:08 - Dec 6 with 1110 viewsGuthrum

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 10:02 - Dec 6 by Darth_Koont

It’s a “transitional phase” now to protect the project and those who remain. That wasn’t the message at the time – and maybe the cause of some of our issues.

To be fair, all projects are a series of transitional phases strung together to reach a desired eventual outcome.

All good project plans can be tweaked when something is adjudged not to be working, or a better route is opened up.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 10:14 - Dec 6 with 1040 viewsDarth_Koont

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 10:08 - Dec 6 by Guthrum

To be fair, all projects are a series of transitional phases strung together to reach a desired eventual outcome.

All good project plans can be tweaked when something is adjudged not to be working, or a better route is opened up.

Oh absolutely. And obvious to anyone that we were seeing massive changes on and off the pitch.

And yet we never allowed ourselves to use the T word. Instead there was an expectation left hanging that everything should work just by turning the key. Hope or hubris, I’m not sure but it felt off at the time.

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 10:16 - Dec 6 with 1018 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 09:58 - Dec 6 by J2BLUE

He's probably busy preparing to turn on the new manager after fifteen minutes of their first game.

That is his identity now and he seems to thrive on it.

Alternatively he just turned on the last 3 because they were cr*p pretty much from the get go

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 10:17 - Dec 6 with 994 viewsJ2BLUE

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 10:16 - Dec 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Alternatively he just turned on the last 3 because they were cr*p pretty much from the get go

We will soon find out.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 10:19 - Dec 6 with 973 viewspositivity

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 09:17 - Dec 6 by Herbivore

don't think that's the case, he'd have been gone mid-march!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 10:20 - Dec 6 with 960 viewstractorboy1978

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 09:59 - Dec 6 by The_Flashing_Smile

I don't think there was anything particularly strange about the timing of the visit. They weren't able to come before because of Covid, and getting them all to be available on a particular date would've been tricky anyway as busy businessmen. Sunderland's also one of the biggest draws in this division.

I was talking about Schwartz coming on his own 3/4 weeks ago.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 10:22]
It was me…. on 10:20 - Dec 6 with 958 viewsDyland

It was me…. on 09:19 - Dec 6 by Bloots

….Joe, Herbz etc, etc.

You forgot Fishers, you melt. He's literally never been wrong about anything football related.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

It was me…. on 10:21 - Dec 6 with 947 viewsDyland

It was me…. on 10:00 - Dec 6 by The_Flashing_Smile

Oh I know, that's why I'm always battling against you 3. I'm like the Rebellion and you're the evil Empire.

Don't flatter yourself, you melt

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

He’s been very understated….. on 10:25 - Dec 6 with 865 viewsBloots

It was me…. on 10:20 - Dec 6 by Dyland

You forgot Fishers, you melt. He's literally never been wrong about anything football related.

…..in his comments since the sacking.

He’s obviously a man of considerable class, as well as vast football knowledge.

Hopefully he’ll be back on here soon.

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 10:27 - Dec 6 with 831 viewsFixed_It

Who actually sacked Cook then? on 10:20 - Dec 6 by tractorboy1978

I was talking about Schwartz coming on his own 3/4 weeks ago.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 10:22]

He had other business meetings in London during his visit. Not sure we can read anything into it tbh.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

No Dolly….. on 10:28 - Dec 6 with 817 viewsBloots

It was me…. on 10:00 - Dec 6 by The_Flashing_Smile

…..you just always get it wrong.

That’s not being part of a rebellion, it’s just being clueless.

Keep trying though, you’ll pick the right horse eventually.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024