Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why not go for a young unknown manager who's hungry to succeed and... 10:31 - Dec 6 with 367 viewsCrockerITFC

has ties to the club?

We always seem to go for managers who have had patches of success at our clubs but we're not other clubs, we're Ipswich Town. Our last best manager, Burley had barely half a season at Colchester before getting the gig here. Maybe that's some food for thought as to where we've been going wrong.

Manning, McGreal, Dyer, or James Rowe would fit this bill.

If we're going for someone with no connection to the club I stick by my earlier post for Karl Robinson.
Why not go for a young unknown manager who's hungry to succeed and... on 10:49 - Dec 6 with 282 viewsTexaco73

Another take on it is, our two greatest managers, never played for Town or had any prior connection and were former England internationals.

It's just a game of chance. Some people workout and get the breaks, other fail to achieve.
Not because they are neccesarily poor, it just doesn't workout at the club.

Whomever, they appoint, I just hope they are tactically savy and can get the most from players.
If they can do that, they have a chance to succeed here.
Why not go for a young unknown manager who's hungry to succeed and... on 11:08 - Dec 6 with 228 viewsCrockerITFC

Why not go for a young unknown manager who's hungry to succeed and... on 10:49 - Dec 6 by Texaco73

Another take on it is, our two greatest managers, never played for Town or had any prior connection and were former England internationals.

It's just a game of chance. Some people workout and get the breaks, other fail to achieve.
Not because they are neccesarily poor, it just doesn't workout at the club.

Whomever, they appoint, I just hope they are tactically savy and can get the most from players.
If they can do that, they have a chance to succeed here.

And both of them were young and inexperienced managers too. Apart from the lack of Ipswich links your examples help back up my suggestion
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024