Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's not McGreal's job to lose 11:40 - Dec 6 with 527 viewsportmanking

For all those people who've said how ruthless the new ownership is, do you really think the board would appoint John McGreal permanently? With so much money on the line, they will want someone tried and tested or, at the very least, with a clear ideology. I'm not really sure McGreal ticks either of those boxes.

Let's be honest, if he hadn't kicked a ball in anger for Town he would never have been even in the frame. He's local, he knows the club, he's respected enough in the Football League. He'll do a decent interim job for the next couple of games, nothing more.
It's not McGreal's job to lose on 11:42 - Dec 6 with 485 viewsDavoIPB

Ashton has done this before! Then appointed one of the youth coaches to manager.
It's not McGreal's job to lose on 11:48 - Dec 6 with 432 viewsportmanking

It's not McGreal's job to lose on 11:42 - Dec 6 by DavoIPB

Ashton has done this before! Then appointed one of the youth coaches to manager.

I just refuse to see how the club's hierarchy could countenance sacking one of the most proven Football League managers and replacing him with a guy that's done a fair to middling job in League Two with one club.

In fact, that would be the ultimate Banter Era move.
It's not McGreal's job to lose on 11:51 - Dec 6 with 392 viewsDMDC

It's not McGreal's job to lose on 11:48 - Dec 6 by portmanking

I just refuse to see how the club's hierarchy could countenance sacking one of the most proven Football League managers and replacing him with a guy that's done a fair to middling job in League Two with one club.

In fact, that would be the ultimate Banter Era move.

Id go for Warnock, not a popular choice,but give him an 18 month contract and he would get us up. Then you can look at the bigger picture.
This is one of the 'sticks' Bristol fans beat Ashton with on 11:57 - Dec 6 with 334 viewsunstableblue

It's not McGreal's job to lose on 11:42 - Dec 6 by DavoIPB

Ashton “undertook a rigorous recruitment process” over a month period with Bristol lauded as THE club to join (potential of the City, ground, academy, fan base)... but after that month he just reverted to promoting a coach in Deaan Holden...

Holden started pretty well, then it just fell apart, and I think 6 straight defeats saw him get the boot

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024