Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marc Bircham favourite for the job?! 11:44 - Dec 6 with 965 viewsWallingford_Boy

Where has that come from?!

The list of potential new managers is VERY unispiring!!

I'd like to see us go overseas for a foreign appointment.

RIP Sir Bobby

Marc Bircham favourite for the job?! on 11:45 - Dec 6 with 944 viewshype313

Was he the guy that used to play for QPR and changed his hair color every week?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Marc Bircham favourite for the job?! on 11:51 - Dec 6 with 882 viewsArnieM

The sacking of Cook could still come back to haunt us . 16 weeks to get your new squad up and running is sod all time IMO. But there you go , it’s done now . Sit back and repent at leisure as they say.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Marc Bircham favourite for the job?! on 11:53 - Dec 6 with 869 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Someone hasn't done their research...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8351137/Former-QPR-captain-

I'd suggest that's not going to happen.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Marc Bircham favourite for the job?! on 11:55 - Dec 6 with 835 viewsDMDC

I hope not, so uninspiring if true. Really cant see it to be honest.
Marc Bircham favourite for the job?! on 11:59 - Dec 6 with 801 viewsKeno

He overseas isn’t he?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Marc Bircham favourite for the job?! on 12:03 - Dec 6 with 752 viewsPhilTWTD

I suspect it's because he worked at Arizona United for a bit and two and two is being put together.
Marc Bircham favourite for the job?! on 12:04 - Dec 6 with 730 viewshype313

Marc Bircham favourite for the job?! on 12:03 - Dec 6 by PhilTWTD

I suspect it's because he worked at Arizona United for a bit and two and two is being put together.

Phil, what's your take in this current situation? shocked? not surprised? expected more time?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Marc Bircham favourite for the job?! on 12:05 - Dec 6 with 714 viewswkj

Marc Bircham favourite for the job?! on 11:51 - Dec 6 by ArnieM

The sacking of Cook could still come back to haunt us . 16 weeks to get your new squad up and running is sod all time IMO. But there you go , it’s done now . Sit back and repent at leisure as they say.

44 games to show improvement and failed. Sorry, but we can't rewrite history. Cook took over when we were 7th and a couple of points shy. We're now 11th with what is generally believed to be a much more impressive squad (although I question that notion). That is the brutal truth.

If Cook needed more time, he should have been able to show a gradual improvement in the club's fortunes - the truth is, he didn't. If player errors cost him, then he and Ashton did a poor job recruiting. Either way, something failed under Cook's watch and it was clear as daylight to see.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Marc Bircham favourite for the job?! on 12:07 - Dec 6 with 697 viewsGuthrum

Is it sod all time, tho? A preseason plus 28 League and cup matches, the odd international break, a few midweeks without games. That's a decent amount of room for organisation, especially when you consider the players should have been hired with a view to fitting them into a working team structure, plus he had already worked with several (indeed, Morsy and Evans had been a partnership before).

He ought to have been able to get a better tune out of the squad on a more consistent basis in what was pretty much half a season.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Marc Bircham favourite for the job?! on 12:12 - Dec 6 with 649 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Marc Bircham favourite for the job?! on 12:03 - Dec 6 by PhilTWTD

If Norwood is off limits because he's got Drink Driving convictions and can be a tool on social media, you can't really appoint a head coach who has got an aggravated battery with a deadly weapon arrest on their rap sheet.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Marc Bircham favourite for the job?! on 12:23 - Dec 6 with 574 viewsBlueBadger

Plenty of other sides have taken considerably less time to gel a side that's essentially a whole new squad.

Wigan, for example.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Marc Bircham favourite for the job?! on 12:26 - Dec 6 with 534 viewsSimonds92

Anyone hear him on talksport last week? Sounds like he did a fantastic job but was sacked for not towing the club line (and not playing the owners son!).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024