Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
…or is it Kieron Dyer’s job to lose? 12:01 - Dec 6 with 667 viewsbackinbeige

The speculation here is that it’s McGreal’s job to lose. I suspect McGreal won’t get it full time. It’s not an overwhelming appointment following an unremarkable time in League Two but a solid interim to see us through the short term.

Interim managers only get the job if they go on a great run as interim so the club can’t not hire him, and that momentum seems to fall away after the appointment is made permanent. See Ole GS.

Dyer is now part of the managerial team.

This would be good experience for Dyer, another step up the ladder and greater involvement/exposure in running first team games. Hiring Dyer as the replacement for Cook would probably be too soon, but his promotion is partially going under the radar.

Owners like stability/continuity behind the scenes when managers change to minimise disruption. Someone who ‘gets the club’. With the correct tutelage under the next manager then Dyer is taking another step towards the first team.

We may be looking for our next manager, but we may have already hired the manager that follows them?

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

…or is it Kieron Dyer’s job to lose? on 12:03 - Dec 6 with 634 viewstextbackup

About 3 weeks ago Dyer was seriously ill in hospital having tests….

What planet do people live on thinking he’d be ready to step up as our manager, then be pulled apart on every level

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

…or is it Kieron Dyer’s job to lose? on 12:04 - Dec 6 with 612 viewsCrockerITFC

I mean I would love to see Dyer get it but the dude needs a liver transplant, he needs to focus on his health and recovery first before managing the first team

If it wasn't for that he would be my first pick, in fact he was when we hired Cook and I couldn't believe Cook didn't make him his assistant
…or is it Kieron Dyer’s job to lose? on 12:07 - Dec 6 with 579 viewsHerbivore

…or is it Kieron Dyer’s job to lose? on 12:03 - Dec 6 by textbackup

About 3 weeks ago Dyer was seriously ill in hospital having tests….

What planet do people live on thinking he’d be ready to step up as our manager, then be pulled apart on every level

For Dyer's own sake there's no way he should be in the running. It's great that he is back at work now but it's important he focuses on his health as his main priority, that's fine when working as part of a team but not compatible with being the main man. If it wasn't for that I'd have no issue with Dyer being in the running. He's done a good job here with the under 23s and he speaks about the game well. It's the wrong time though for sure.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

…or is it Kieron Dyer’s job to lose? on 12:17 - Dec 6 with 518 viewsBlueBadger

The bloke's on the waiting list for a liver transplant. It would be a bad move for us and an even worse one for Kieron right now.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 12:26]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

…or is it Kieron Dyer’s job to lose? on 12:24 - Dec 6 with 464 viewsbackinbeige

Re comments about his health:
He has already been included in the interim coaching setup. This isn’t speculation, it’s happened.

Using this time to work as part of the setup and not throw yourself into the spotlight is what he should do. And it’s what’s happening.

We are expecting him to make a full recovery.

My point isn’t that he would be the next manager. It’s that he’s increasing his training for the job in the future. He is now part of the first team coaching setup.

I don’t think being unwell now will preclude him from taking the job in the future.

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024