Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking 13:10 - Dec 6 with 1913 viewsDubtractor

I'm not talking about those who are disappointed and thought he deserved longer (eg sitters, fixers, koonters) as that's a perfectly fair reaction.

But those of you lashing out at other posters, saying it makes us a joke of a club etc, I just cannot get myself in that headspace at all.

In the cold light of day Cook's record since he joined us is very poor, and we have been funded to expect so much better than we've seen. I really don't see why that's so hard to understand.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 13:14 - Dec 6 with 1852 viewsMattinLondon

The only thing that surprises me at this time of year is people who insist on having a real Christmas tree…let’s get something that’s dead and wet and stick it in the house. And before all that, spend at least an hour picking up trees only to discard it in favour for one that is at the very back whilst it’s pissing down. Then insist that it’ll fit into the car easily when it quite clearly won’t.

Artificial trees are so much better.
I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 13:17 - Dec 6 with 1807 viewsHerbivore

It's really odd. Some have taken it very personally to the extent that it comes across as though they were more invested in Paul Cook than they are in Towen.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 13:20 - Dec 6 with 1777 viewsBlueBadger

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 13:17 - Dec 6 by Herbivore

It's really odd. Some have taken it very personally to the extent that it comes across as though they were more invested in Paul Cook than they are in Towen.

It's been a weird phenomenon of the past decade - some of the worst managers in our history basically turned into religions that should not be blasphemed against for some.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 13:23 - Dec 6 with 1755 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 13:17 - Dec 6 by Herbivore

Yea, we're more used to seeing that with academy players. Odd to see it with a manager.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 13:45 - Dec 6 with 1676 viewshomer_123

Please can we stop referring to ourselves as Towen - it's actually worse than Tractor Boys.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 13:47 - Dec 6 with 1658 viewshomer_123

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 13:20 - Dec 6 by BlueBadger

It's been a weird phenomenon of the past decade - some of the worst managers in our history basically turned into religions that should not be blasphemed against for some.

Nice footer.

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 13:48 - Dec 6 with 1648 viewsclive_baker

Innit. Personally I think it was a little premature, I would've given him the rest of the calendar year, but with a 28% win % and one of the best squads in the league it's hardly a head scratcher or real shock.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 13:49 - Dec 6 with 1637 viewsFixed_It

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 13:47 - Dec 6 by homer_123

Nice footer.

The original was a two-footer!!!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 13:51 - Dec 6 with 1600 viewschicoazul

It’s because many people are more invested in winning TWTD than they are in Ipswich Town being successful.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 13:52 - Dec 6 with 1564 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yep. Very tribal, but picking a tribe that doesn't really matter (managers come and go).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 13:52 - Dec 6 with 1563 viewsHerbivore

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 13:45 - Dec 6 by homer_123

Please can we stop referring to ourselves as Towen - it's actually worse than Tractor Boys.

Uppa Towen!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 13:54 - Dec 6 with 1546 viewshomer_123

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 13:52 - Dec 6 by Herbivore

Uppa Towen!

Stop it now.

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 13:55 - Dec 6 with 1548 viewsCotty

I would've given him longer, but I'm not in charge of a football club. Now that the decision has been made, I'm 100% supportive of it.

There is too much polarisation of views from all sides. These days you can see that polarisation crystallising in the first few days/weeks of a new manager's tenure - we will get a chance to observe this very soon I fear.

It could've worked out, but it didn't, we move on. Anyone getting overly upset about it needs to get out more.
I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 13:56 - Dec 6 with 1521 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 13:54 - Dec 6 by homer_123

Stop it now.

Uppa Towen buh!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 13:59 - Dec 6 with 1480 viewsKeno

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 13:14 - Dec 6 by MattinLondon

The only thing that surprises me at this time of year is people who insist on having a real Christmas tree…let’s get something that’s dead and wet and stick it in the house. And before all that, spend at least an hour picking up trees only to discard it in favour for one that is at the very back whilst it’s pissing down. Then insist that it’ll fit into the car easily when it quite clearly won’t.

Artificial trees are so much better.

When the time comes will you put the tree up yourself?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Bunch of COC's...... on 13:59 - Dec 6 with 1479 viewsBloots

....Cult of Cook, innit.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 14:03 - Dec 6 with 1447 viewsDarth_Koont

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 13:51 - Dec 6 by chicoazul

It’s because many people are more invested in winning TWTD than they are in Ipswich Town being successful.

Well played.

Pronouns: He/Him

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 14:05 - Dec 6 with 1422 viewsHARRY10

So we accepted money from a source that wants a return on that money. Yet now complain when they decide that Cook is not going to achieve that aim.

Did some really imagine that this money was somehow 'free' ? That the talk about our history, sleeping giant etc was anything other than hype.

We lost what was left of the 'old' Ipswich when we signed on the dotted line. It's no use whinging and whining about how we used to do things. Those days ended 14 years ago.

Ended when Evans took over. I think some of us need to wake up. We are not the club we once were.
I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 14:06 - Dec 6 with 1413 viewsEwan_Oozami

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 13:51 - Dec 6 by chicoazul

Perhaps they think they've got more chance of winning TWTD than Ipswich have of becoming successful?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 14:13 - Dec 6 with 1356 viewsBlueBadger

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 14:06 - Dec 6 by Ewan_Oozami

Perhaps they think they've got more chance of winning TWTD than Ipswich have of becoming successful?

No-one wins TWTD. Some are just bigger losers than others.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 14:17 - Dec 6 with 1335 viewsEwan_Oozami

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 14:13 - Dec 6 by BlueBadger

No-one wins TWTD. Some are just bigger losers than others.

Indeed, but that doesn't put them off! :-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 14:24 - Dec 6 with 1296 viewsjayessess

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 14:05 - Dec 6 by HARRY10

So we accepted money from a source that wants a return on that money. Yet now complain when they decide that Cook is not going to achieve that aim.

Did some really imagine that this money was somehow 'free' ? That the talk about our history, sleeping giant etc was anything other than hype.

We lost what was left of the 'old' Ipswich when we signed on the dotted line. It's no use whinging and whining about how we used to do things. Those days ended 14 years ago.

Ended when Evans took over. I think some of us need to wake up. We are not the club we once were.

Don't buy into this nostalgia really.

We were owned by some Ipswich capitalists.
Then a London capitalist.
Now some American capitalists.

All the same ruthless business people.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 14:27 - Dec 6 with 1268 viewsChurchman

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 14:05 - Dec 6 by HARRY10

The old days of the kindly old local business man owning a club and enjoying the socials on the back of it departed in the early 80s. The biggest clubs decided *&d the game, more for us. End shared gate receipts, sell the game to tv, cream off the £££. Bring in the Premier League, more money for the big boys, firmer grip on the silverware and so it’s gone on.

I don’t like it because the game itself is the least important thing (John Cobbold was right - the game is the most important thing), but it is what it is. You either get on board and compete in todays rules or enjoy the misery. If that means bringing in external money so be it.

The one comfort is that they’ll make losses unless they’re successful. If they’re successful, I will settle for that. It has to be better than the past 18 or so years
I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 14:52 - Dec 6 with 1188 viewshomer_123

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 13:56 - Dec 6 by Swansea_Blue

Uppa Towen buh!

For crying out loud

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 15:01 - Dec 6 with 1144 viewstimothyeo

I'm genuinely surprised at how badly some on here have reacted to Cook's sacking on 13:20 - Dec 6 by BlueBadger

Yep, the same / similar will happen with Ashton. He'll come out and now basically say the opposite of what he said previously (promotion isn't vital this season, Cook is long term and under no pressure) - and fans on here will now treat that as gospel again, until it's proven not so.

EDIT: Already happened
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024