Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Regardless of your status on Cook in/out.... 14:12 - Dec 6 with 1086 viewsITFC_Esquire

How refreshing is it to have a CEO, who is able to come out and communicate via interview with the fans re: the decision and plan going forward. While I know a lot of what Ashton has said is a bit smoke and mirrors, its lightyears ahead of what we recieved during the Evans regime.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 14:13]

Poll: What’s your ‘Away Priority Points Balance’?

Regardless of your status on Cook in/out.... on 14:16 - Dec 6 with 1018 viewsgordon

No five point plan though.
Regardless of your status on Cook in/out.... on 14:16 - Dec 6 with 1008 viewsFixed_It

Cue random BCFC fan to jump in and describe him as the devil incarnate...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Regardless of your status on Cook in/out.... on 14:22 - Dec 6 with 953 viewsElderGrizzly

And making it clear that Cook should have been doing much better with the resources he had:

"I think we have recruited probably the most talented squad in League One but, right now, they’re not performing as one of the best teams in the league"
Regardless of your status on Cook in/out.... on 14:24 - Dec 6 with 937 viewsDarth_Koont

Yeah, I thought it was decent. Not sure McGreal’s position is anything more than a free hit for everyone but at least he might get an extended chance based on the games coming thick and fast. If he say wins 5 out of the next 6 do we stick or twist?

The emphasis on us being in a transitional period feels new. But that’s also welcome. It doesn’t mean we can’t try to get as high as possible but adds a bit more of a sense of realism.

Pronouns: He/Him

Regardless of your status on Cook in/out.... on 14:27 - Dec 6 with 914 viewsBlueBadger

If it helps, I'd really have liked the likes of [redacted] and [redacted] to be right.

Not because it would have meant Cook would be successful but because the amount of influence I'd have had over ITFC hiring and firing policy.

We'd have had Keane gone by October, Lambert after relegating us and Jewell history after the home defeat to Norwich.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Regardless of your status on Cook in/out.... on 14:41 - Dec 6 with 815 viewsIllinoisblue

True although let’s be clear, Evans set the bar very very low in terms of what to expect from a boss/owner.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Regardless of your status on Cook in/out.... on 14:49 - Dec 6 with 782 viewsRyorry

And given the comments about the Jan transfer window, which now becomes very interesting indeed, sounds like they're intending Cook's permanent replacement to be appointed by then.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Regardless of your status on Cook in/out.... on 14:53 - Dec 6 with 772 viewsITFC_Esquire

Regardless of your status on Cook in/out.... on 14:16 - Dec 6 by Fixed_It

Cue random BCFC fan to jump in and describe him as the devil incarnate...

I saw one of them describe his management style as "quasi david brent" and I cant lie it tickled me. The accuracy is astounding. Regardless of how he can be a bit cringe in front of the camera and in the public eye, if he runs the club well I don't care. I can see why if you become disgruntled with the running of the club you would then find it difficult to swallow how he carries himself.

Regardless, he was stellar in the summer window and so he has earned my trust somewhat. Let's hope he can continue.

Login to get fewer ads

Regardless of your status on Cook in/out.... on 14:55 - Dec 6 with 757 viewsArnieM

Regardless of your status on Cook in/out.... on 14:49 - Dec 6 by Ryorry

And given the comments about the Jan transfer window, which now becomes very interesting indeed, sounds like they're intending Cook's permanent replacement to be appointed by then.

God, you’d hope so, would you !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Regardless of your status on Cook in/out.... on 14:58 - Dec 6 with 741 viewstimothyeo

Not this again.

Anyone can come out and communicate, it's nothing new. In the same way it was abundantly clear they weren't being honest when they made out promotion wasn't the requirements this season, it's long term and Cook needs time etc.

I said this after PC was sacked - don't start lapping up everything the football club says in public. They'll lie, deceive and say whatever they need to for their own benefit.

This isn't unique to us, it applies to every football club but it's painful how some of our fans just lap up everything that's said.
Regardless of your status on Cook in/out.... on 15:05 - Dec 6 with 705 viewsIwasthere

Regardless of your status on Cook in/out.... on 14:58 - Dec 6 by timothyeo

Not this again.

Anyone can come out and communicate, it's nothing new. In the same way it was abundantly clear they weren't being honest when they made out promotion wasn't the requirements this season, it's long term and Cook needs time etc.

I said this after PC was sacked - don't start lapping up everything the football club says in public. They'll lie, deceive and say whatever they need to for their own benefit.

This isn't unique to us, it applies to every football club but it's painful how some of our fans just lap up everything that's said.

Not you again
Regardless of your status on Cook in/out.... on 16:25 - Dec 6 with 611 viewsmonty_radio

Not this again.

"This isn't unique to us"........"Anyone can come out and communicate, it's nothing new."

But it is unique FOR us and it is something new. I'm not celebrating it because I necessarily believe it all nor because I even believe he'll be bound by any of it. But it has opened right and proper channels of communication that have not existed for a decade and a half. If my football club decides to "lie, deceive and say whatever they need to for their own benefit." I'll judge that within my limits of knowledge, perception and understanding at the time.

Meanwhile, I choose not to align my bitterness with your opinion so that the football part of my life experience is not overwhelmed by adding to those other opportunities for cynicism that societal experience so easily offers up.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Regardless of your status on Cook in/out.... on 16:27 - Dec 6 with 605 viewschicoazul

Amazing to think we have a chairman CE asst CE DoF and just a year ago O’Neill was doing all of it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Regardless of your status on Cook in/out.... on 16:32 - Dec 6 with 577 viewsChurchman

Not this again.

So you prefer the Evans method?

Actually, not everybody can come out and communicate. It’s a real skill.

How do you think it should be done?
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 16:44]
Regardless of your status on Cook in/out.... on 16:39 - Dec 6 with 560 viewsStrimmer

Not this again.

A dialogue allows for proper accountability. If they don't say much, like the last lot, then you can't really pin them on a lie. See also: the government. Its not much but its something.

Poll: Was it a punch?

Regardless of your status on Cook in/out.... on 16:44 - Dec 6 with 534 viewsITFC_Esquire

Not this again.

Not sure that is a fair assessment. As I said, a lot of what they say is smoke and mirrors, of course most of us can see that. BUT we can learn quite a few things from his interviews: 1) We will be active in the transfer window 2) We are likely to hire someone before the window to allow them to influence the recruitment/outgoings 3) That someone is unlikely to be McGreal, although of course he can make a case during these next few games. 4) I would imagine from what has been said that we are keen on someone in a job rather than any of the motley crew currently on jobseekers. Of course I may be wrong on this though.

These are all things currently being speculated on. It's nice to know a little bit about how the board are thinking.

Of course the stuff re: not tapping people up, McGreal's appointment being unplanned when he became U23 coach, amicable partings with the old staff etc. are all set media lines not to be taken as gospel but you only have to use a little bit of common sense to see that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024