Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congestions charge for Charlton 21:05 - Dec 6 with 678 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Anyone help me with the charges for driving in London?

Is a congestion charge the same as Ultra Low Emissions charge? Submitted my vehicle reg and it says I'd need to pay a congestion charge in certain parts of London. Is this the same as the emissions charge? To drive to Charlton I'd be passing a low emissions zone. Im bloody confused.
Congestions charge for Charlton on 21:08 - Dec 6 with 656 viewsSitfcB

Someone posted a thread a few weeks back about this, can’t remember who.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Congestions charge for Charlton on 21:09 - Dec 6 with 646 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Congestions charge for Charlton on 21:08 - Dec 6 by SitfcB

If someone could link would be much appreciated. They don't make it very clear or maybe im just stupid
Congestions charge for Charlton on 21:09 - Dec 6 with 647 viewsSitfcB

Congestions charge for Charlton on 21:08 - Dec 6 by SitfcB

Here we are..

For those driving to Charlton, an FYI re: Ultra Low Emission Zone by unbelievablue 16 Nov 2021 15:41
The Ulez is now expanded to include inside the north/south circular, which Charlton is by about 1.5 miles. If you drive an older diesel car, you might be charged £12.50/a fine if you don't pay the fee on time. Check your car here:

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle/?intcmp=52335

The alternative would be to park outside the south circular (Woolwich, Plumstead) and bus to the ground. This would involve the QE2 rather than the Blackwall Tunnel though.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Congestions charge for Charlton on 21:11 - Dec 6 with 634 viewsPendejo

The Valley is inside the ULEZ but a long way o/s C Charge zone.

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/ulez-where-and-when?int

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Congestions charge for Charlton on 21:11 - Dec 6 with 632 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Congestions charge for Charlton on 21:09 - Dec 6 by SitfcB

Here we are..

For those driving to Charlton, an FYI re: Ultra Low Emission Zone by unbelievablue 16 Nov 2021 15:41
The Ulez is now expanded to include inside the north/south circular, which Charlton is by about 1.5 miles. If you drive an older diesel car, you might be charged £12.50/a fine if you don't pay the fee on time. Check your car here:

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle/?intcmp=52335

The alternative would be to park outside the south circular (Woolwich, Plumstead) and bus to the ground. This would involve the QE2 rather than the Blackwall Tunnel though.

Legend thank you
Congestions charge for Charlton on 21:12 - Dec 6 with 617 viewsCoastalblue

They are two diffrent things.

Congestion charge is just the centre, so pretty much the City and you're unlikely to go close to that unleess you're coming in from the West.

Ulez charge has been expanded out and Greenwich does fall into it, however, if you drive a new car, or even a lot of older petrol cars then you won't be liable.

You cna check to see if you'd be liable for Ulez here

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle/

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Congestions charge for Charlton on 21:14 - Dec 6 with 597 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Congestions charge for Charlton on 21:12 - Dec 6 by Coastalblue

They are two diffrent things.

Congestion charge is just the centre, so pretty much the City and you're unlikely to go close to that unleess you're coming in from the West.

Ulez charge has been expanded out and Greenwich does fall into it, however, if you drive a new car, or even a lot of older petrol cars then you won't be liable.

You cna check to see if you'd be liable for Ulez here

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle/

Thank you. ive checked my reg and is just coming up with congestion charge, nothing else. So presuming im good to go and don't have to worry about it?

(you can tell I don't drive to London often)
Congestions charge for Charlton on 21:16 - Dec 6 with 577 viewsCoastalblue

Congestions charge for Charlton on 21:14 - Dec 6 by abracaDOBRA_

Thank you. ive checked my reg and is just coming up with congestion charge, nothing else. So presuming im good to go and don't have to worry about it?

Yep you're fine then, as opposed to fined.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

Congestions charge for Charlton on 21:17 - Dec 6 with 569 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Congestions charge for Charlton on 21:16 - Dec 6 by Coastalblue

Yep you're fine then, as opposed to fined.

Good stuff, thanks all for help. Here's to 3 points
Congestions charge for Charlton on 21:29 - Dec 6 with 491 viewsBloomBlue

It's very difficult especially as you have the low emission zone, the ultra low emission zone and the congestion charge.
All three are different and technically depending on your vehicle and the route you take you might have to pay for all three.
The safest way to check for the LEZ and ULEZ is to go onto the TFL website search for both and enter your number plate and it will tell you if you have to pay either. If the answer is no then you don't need to worry about either irrelevant of which route you take. All you'll have to check then is the congestion charge and if your route crosses into that.
Congestions charge for Charlton on 21:53 - Dec 6 with 427 viewsjeera

Congestions charge for Charlton on 21:14 - Dec 6 by abracaDOBRA_

Make sure you print that page just in case!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Congestions charge for Charlton on 21:55 - Dec 6 with 418 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Congestions charge for Charlton on 21:53 - Dec 6 by jeera

Make sure you print that page just in case!

screenshotted
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024