Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
were fans this upset after any manager went before?! 06:32 - Dec 7 with 1914 viewsblueboyd

get a grip those who miss Cookie... you will look back at his reign and rightly see it for what it was, the odd decent game but largely poor - the thing is as a club we have forgotten how to win games consistently therefore seeing your Cookie's team pass the ball around, or score 6 goals in a game has made you feel something for him he was not..

he was rubbish considering the players he had at his disposal. Get over it.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2021 6:32]
were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 06:34 - Dec 7 with 1617 viewstextbackup

I’m not upset, a little surprised, but that’s about it.

He’ll probably be managing in the championship before we play in there again, is just my guess

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 06:34 - Dec 7 with 1609 viewsKropotkin123

I may have missed the posts where people were crying. I don't see anyone upset. Most understand, even if they feel it was too early.

In comparison to sackings, it hasn't been dragged out, so isn't as toxic as previous sackings.

Not sure anyone, bar you, needs to get a grip.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2021 6:35]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 07:19 - Dec 7 with 1489 viewsChrisd

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 06:34 - Dec 7 by textbackup

I’m not upset, a little surprised, but that’s about it.

He’ll probably be managing in the championship before we play in there again, is just my guess

Me too, that’s where the confusion lies. There’s a difference to being surprised and upset.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 07:22 - Dec 7 with 1475 viewsDubtractor

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 06:34 - Dec 7 by Kropotkin123

I may have missed the posts where people were crying. I don't see anyone upset. Most understand, even if they feel it was too early.

In comparison to sackings, it hasn't been dragged out, so isn't as toxic as previous sackings.

To be fair, there were a few waaay ott upset posts over the weekend. A minority for sure, but they def happened.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 07:25 - Dec 7 with 1456 viewsGlasgowBlue

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 06:34 - Dec 7 by Kropotkin123

Keaneish, Mysixth and another three or four whose names escape me.

A massive bulb fest.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 07:31 - Dec 7 with 1435 viewsgordon

I would have stuck with him, just because I judged that we were a) marginally more likely to get promoted with him, rather than starting from the situation we're in now, and b) it would be very difficult to find a good replacement at this time of the season.

The fact that we are basically 4 or 5 coaches short at the club now is going to be a pretty big problem, particularly at this time of year when the games come thick and fast, players will be fatigued/carrying niggles etc.

But clearly he was an awful fit for the new club structure - as soon as the takeover happened I thought we'd end up in a situation like this - I had hoped that Cook would have walked as soon as the takeover happened to give the new owners the summer to put in place the coaching structure they wanted, rather than having to scramble around mid-season.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2021 7:31]
were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 07:36 - Dec 7 with 1412 viewstextbackup

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 07:31 - Dec 7 by gordon

I would have stuck with him, just because I judged that we were a) marginally more likely to get promoted with him, rather than starting from the situation we're in now, and b) it would be very difficult to find a good replacement at this time of the season.

The fact that we are basically 4 or 5 coaches short at the club now is going to be a pretty big problem, particularly at this time of year when the games come thick and fast, players will be fatigued/carrying niggles etc.

But clearly he was an awful fit for the new club structure - as soon as the takeover happened I thought we'd end up in a situation like this - I had hoped that Cook would have walked as soon as the takeover happened to give the new owners the summer to put in place the coaching structure they wanted, rather than having to scramble around mid-season.

On part B - you don’t just stick with something if it isn’t working because you worry there’s not a better fit for you.

That’s how we end up getting stuck with managers for too long.

I sort of admire the owners looking at the situation and saying it’s time.
Gives them a chance to appoint, a chance for new man to see what he wants in jan…

Smart timing

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 07:38 - Dec 7 with 1391 viewsEastTownBlue

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 07:19 - Dec 7 by Chrisd

Me too, that’s where the confusion lies. There’s a difference to being surprised and upset.

If there is upset that is probably more the realisation that the tradition of the club of patience and giving managers time is a thing of the past. Whether we like it or not the game has moved on.
Login to get fewer ads

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 07:42 - Dec 7 with 1358 viewsFixed_It

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 07:25 - Dec 7 by GlasgowBlue

Keaneish, Mysixth and another three or four whose names escape me.

A massive bulb fest.

I went to one of those in Amsterdam once. Can't beat a good bulb fest...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 07:44 - Dec 7 with 1348 viewsDubtractor

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 07:42 - Dec 7 by Fixed_It

I went to one of those in Amsterdam once. Can't beat a good bulb fest...

I'm going to assume that bulb in this case is a type of bong fixers.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 07:48 - Dec 7 with 1334 viewspennblue

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 07:22 - Dec 7 by Dubtractor

To be fair, there were a few waaay ott upset posts over the weekend. A minority for sure, but they def happened.

Yes I am definitely upset still, 100%. I just saw enough in some of the recent performances to suggest we were going to end up with a very good team.

Totally accept we were garbage for quite a few too.

Understand, that the owners are coming over in 11 days time now for 3 pack out PR games.

Understand that it is likely Cook + Ashton had a (or some) fairly strong conversations, both of them are under extreme stress and pressure to produce results fast, and that/those conversation did not end well.

But yes, I am upset, and I think it was a mistake.

The silver cloud is that even if the decision/judgement was poor this time (in my opinion), we have enough resources and desire for success to suggest that will come, one way or another.

I have also said that the manager / head coach, it only one cog in the wheel of a well run football club. So whist everyone lays the blame solely at his feet, that is not modern football.

Look at the success managers have had at Chelsea + Manchester City, they are not all vastly superior coaches, they are all much of a muchness, working within a much larger, well run organisation.

So that being said, we should be ok.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2021 7:49]

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 07:55 - Dec 7 with 1273 viewsFixed_It

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 07:44 - Dec 7 by Dubtractor

I'm going to assume that bulb in this case is a type of bong fixers.

Tulips, Daffodils, Crocuses, Bluebells....er....Onions....

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 08:06 - Dec 7 with 1233 viewsBluebell

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 07:55 - Dec 7 by Fixed_It

Tulips, Daffodils, Crocuses, Bluebells....er....Onions....

Leave me out of it.
were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 08:11 - Dec 7 with 1214 viewsSitfcB

So fans can’t be shocked/upset/annoyed at the decision?

Bore off.

This debate is worse than [managers name] in/out.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 08:19 - Dec 7 with 1160 viewsBonneNIL

We probably should have been upset when we chopped Burley. Yes, we were having a poor run but the club was going into administration and the players didn't know which one of them was going to be sold next, I challenge anyone to make that work in the short term. It was chaos behind the scenes, our best players such as Stewart were being sold, we were never going down as Royle proved, the ship just needed steadying.

Magic was the other one we should have made more noise about losing, there was progress year on year and we were a couple of signings away from being a Playoff team.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 08:20 - Dec 7 with 1151 viewsDubtractor

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 08:11 - Dec 7 by SitfcB

So fans can’t be shocked/upset/annoyed at the decision?

Bore off.

This debate is worse than [managers name] in/out.

Of course people can, hopefully my post yesterday didn't suggest otherwise, I'm just surprised by the lashing out of a few, and the looking to blame fans for something they had no influence over.

Here's hoping we can have a successful spell soon so all this petty bullsh1t can be forgotten about!

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 08:22 - Dec 7 with 1142 viewsitfcjoe

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 07:36 - Dec 7 by textbackup

On part B - you don’t just stick with something if it isn’t working because you worry there’s not a better fit for you.

Gives them a chance to appoint, a chance for new man to see what he wants in jan…

Smart timing

Agree with this, you end up giving the manager more time whilst you f about and then they win a couple of games and it drags it on for longer - if you are certain he is the wrong man, which they clearly were, then you deal with it then deal with consequences afterwards.

Letting Hurst win that Swansea game gave him 3-4 more games which we lost all of

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 08:26 - Dec 7 with 1123 viewsRadioOrwell

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 07:38 - Dec 7 by EastTownBlue

If there is upset that is probably more the realisation that the tradition of the club of patience and giving managers time is a thing of the past. Whether we like it or not the game has moved on.

We have been too patient with managers too many times recently.
Hurst was over quickly - although even he could have gone sooner.
were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 08:27 - Dec 7 with 1111 viewsBonneNIL

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 08:20 - Dec 7 by Dubtractor

Of course people can, hopefully my post yesterday didn't suggest otherwise, I'm just surprised by the lashing out of a few, and the looking to blame fans for something they had no influence over.

Here's hoping we can have a successful spell soon so all this petty bullsh1t can be forgotten about!

It's the fan's fault culture started under Evans because some of us demanded better and that was "toxic". I remember one supporter who had an almost religious fascination with Hurst and would go all-out war on anyone who suggested he was a terrible manager out of his depth.

You support Ipswich, not the staff, once they are gone, they are gone.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 09:23 - Dec 7 with 962 viewsChurchman

It’s really not about being ‘upset’. It’s about agreeing or disagreeing with a decision in that does it benefit or harm the club we support.

I would have given him a bit more time to get it right, not least because I can’t see a better replacement. Just a sorry list of failures, old men and people who will never come here.

However, I might well have been wrong in doing that. Sometimes you have to make a decision if something isn’t right. Hoping for the best rarely works. Joe made mention some months ago that PC might be a poor fit for the club and with no knowledge whatsoever, that is how it feels to me. In any walk of life, it happens. Cook is very good at what he does and he will succeed elsewhere - good luck to him but it’s irrelevant to us.

I just hope the owners/Ashton/O’Leary are clear on what they are doing and have an idea who they want, regardless of what the media is told. In many ways, by not removing Cook in the summer and getting their own man in then, they’ve boxed themselves in a bit.
were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 09:26 - Dec 7 with 936 viewspennblue

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 09:23 - Dec 7 by Churchman

It’s really not about being ‘upset’. It’s about agreeing or disagreeing with a decision in that does it benefit or harm the club we support.

I would have given him a bit more time to get it right, not least because I can’t see a better replacement. Just a sorry list of failures, old men and people who will never come here.

However, I might well have been wrong in doing that. Sometimes you have to make a decision if something isn’t right. Hoping for the best rarely works. Joe made mention some months ago that PC might be a poor fit for the club and with no knowledge whatsoever, that is how it feels to me. In any walk of life, it happens. Cook is very good at what he does and he will succeed elsewhere - good luck to him but it’s irrelevant to us.

I just hope the owners/Ashton/O’Leary are clear on what they are doing and have an idea who they want, regardless of what the media is told. In many ways, by not removing Cook in the summer and getting their own man in then, they’ve boxed themselves in a bit.

We have three tough games right now too, tonight, Wigan away and Sunderland again, if we don't do well in those three, the decision is going to look even more reckless.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 09:27 - Dec 7 with 930 viewsabracaDOBRA_

If anyone needs to get a grip it's you. Fans can feel what they want, you get over it.
were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 09:35 - Dec 7 with 877 viewsSwansea_Blue

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 07:31 - Dec 7 by gordon

Those 4 or 5 coaches were really struggling to get us to function as a unit, to focus and to show desire, so if anything losing Cook may be worth it just for getting them out of the door. I don't necessarily see their loss as a problem (although granted, we don't know what they were like with the squad behind the scenes and can only go on how prepared we look on the pitch).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 10:30 - Dec 7 with 769 viewsgordon

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 07:36 - Dec 7 by textbackup

Smart timing

Certainly, don't disagree with this interpretation either, just a marginal judgement without much of their knowledge / information - they may have got wind that they had a window of opportunity to bring in a much better bet in the long run.
were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 10:33 - Dec 7 with 759 viewsgordon

were fans this upset after any manager went before?! on 09:35 - Dec 7 by Swansea_Blue

Those 4 or 5 coaches were really struggling to get us to function as a unit, to focus and to show desire, so if anything losing Cook may be worth it just for getting them out of the door. I don't necessarily see their loss as a problem (although granted, we don't know what they were like with the squad behind the scenes and can only go on how prepared we look on the pitch).

Agree with that as well, Cook's approach to appointing a coaching team had a whiff of the 1990s about it - suspect the fact that Cook was allowed to recruit those coaches was because of the agreement he had with Evans. really difficult to see how the Ashton crew and the Cook crew would have worked together effectively, but who knows.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024